No announcement yet.

NCAA Season 85 (2009-2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does have the picture of every team?
    Tomorrow is the opening already.
    Watch PVL games online live | UAAP Live Updates

Comment

• Tomorrow (Saturday, June 27, 2009) is the opening day of the NCAA, and I am excited already. I think this season will again be a banner season for Philippine collegiate basketball.

The schedule for tomorrow's opening games are as follows:
      SBC vs. MIT - 2 pm
      JRU vs. CSJL - 4 pm
      SSCR vs. PHCR - 6 pm
      Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

• June 27, 2009
        Araneta Coliseum
        Roiund 1

SAN BEDA (85)
        Gamalinda 14, Daniel 13, Lanete 11, Pascual 11, Caram 10, Marcelo 8, Hermida 4, Dela Rosa 4, Tecson 4
        Tirona 2, Taganas 2, Lim 2, Villanueva 0, Soliman 0.

MIT (52)
        Acosta 10, Cinco 10, Guillermo 7, Ranises 7, Mangahas 6, Soriano 5, Espinosa 5, Sarangay 1, Cornejo 1
        Pascual 0, Stevens 0, Parala 0, Maniego 0.

Highlights:

* Starters: 46 points
        * Bench: 39 points
        * Jake Pascual: 11 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block
        * Sudan Daniel: 13 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocks, 2 dunks
        * Dave Marcelo: 8 points, 2 blocks
        * Rome Dela Rosa: 4 points, 4/4 FT, 4 fouls
        * Melo Lim: 2 points, 1 steal
        * Free throws: 16/28 57 FT%

Comment

• Originally posted by slasher View Post
          Do visit the sprawling and modern San Beda Rizal campus right inside Filinvest Highlands Pointe - the new home of the mighty Red Cubs - and you'll get convinced even more.
          my friend took out his kid from AGS. Too much homework. Another friend mentioned this to me before.

so i guess san beda taytay it is!
          Dead Lizard.

Comment

• JRU(71) vs. CSJL(66)

Key notes:

Kevin Alas scored 11 points in the game.
            John Marion Wilson scored 21 points and got 9 boards.
            James Sena is unstoppable in the paint, due to the Knights' depleted front line.
            Rey Guevarra committed 3 early fouls in the first half of the game.

Comment

• I hate San Beda's reporter, lookin like she hadn't ever reported, or somehow, lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by pepman View Post
                I hate San Beda's reporter, lookin like she hadn't ever reported, or somehow, lame.
                But Mapuas CS reporter made me feel to go play for the cardinals hehehehe
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by xent View Post
                  From Inboundpass.com

THIS LIST contains the submitted lineups of the 10 competing schools in this year’s NCAA tournament, which commences on June 27, 2009, at the Araneta Coliseum.

ANGELES UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION GREAT DANES

CALMA, Donald Kenneth
                  CARNEY, Matthew
                  CAYANAN, Jon
                  DUMLAO, Jethron
                  FUERTEZ, Guian
                  GIGANTE, Gerard
                  GOMEZ, Chucky
                  HENSON, Dian Paulo
                  MANARANG, Limmuel
                  MANIAGO, Rowell
                  MUSNI, Patrick
                  NACU, Ralph
                  PEREZ, Tristan
                  SANTOS, Aaron
                  SAZON, Kevin Fredrick

Head coach: GASCON, Eric
                  Is he related to Rodney Carney
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Opening Ceremonies of the NCAA Season 85
                    Photos courtesy of JC Laurito:

Comment

• Opening game of the NCAA Season 85
                      San Beda vs Mapua
                      Photos courtesy of JC Laurito

Garvo Lanete in an uncontested lay-up

Rookie Fil-Am Rome Dela Rosa

Sudan Daniel finishing a 3-on-2 fastbreak play in the 3rd Quarter

Sophomore and the returning Anjo Caram off a steal

Sudan Daniel all by his lonesome to end the 1st Quarter

Comment

• Up, up and away:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          But Mapuas CS reporter made me feel to go play for the cardinals hehehehe
                          Marcia Cruz is actually from UST and she's that chick from that Sunsilk commercial

Evolution made possible by Mei.ka~ of Hello! Online

Comment

• San Beda's Sudan Daniel's Two-handed flush

Comment

• Originally posted by Coke_Hero View Post
                              Marcia Cruz is actually from UST and she's that chick from that Sunsilk commercial
                              And she's included on list

Comment

• NCAA Season 85 Opening SBC vs. MIT

* I was lucky enough to have been able to watch most parts of the first two games during the opening of the NCAA Season 85. As expected, the college crowd came in force, nearly filling up the Araneta Coliseum. Tickets from the Patron to Upper Box were sold out, with only the Gallery tickets available by the time I got in.

* The first game between San Beda College (SBC) Red Lions and the Mapua Institue of Technology (MIT) Cardinals was a blowout. For some reason, MIT just was never in the game. Even the Cardinal's main scorer this season, Allen Mangahas, struggled to get his points.

* This gave the opportunity for both teams to give playing time to their bench players and rookies. Both Ellison Maniego and Rome Dela Rosa got major minutes in the second half of the game, allowing them to allowing get a taste of playing before a huge, partisan crowd.

* Ellison wasn't able to buy a basket from the floor, though, and all of two or three points came from the free-throw line. I know he is a rookie just out of High School, but I feel he should already start becoming more aggressive on offense, because MIT is a team that is looking for somebody help them offensively. He was given the chance to play for their Team A right away, he should take advantage of that as much as possible.

* In the game, he stayed most of the time on the perimeter, waiting for his teammates to find him open. Which, of course, rarely came. In the next couple of games, he should think more of moving constantly in and out, cutting to towards the basket to get more opportunities to score. I know he is supposed to be a shooter, but he needs to vary his offense also, to keep him from being predictable. He should also be prepared to play a more physical game once he starts frolicking closer to the basket.

* The highly touted Rome Dela Rosa also couldn't buy a basket from the floor, getting all of his four points from the free-throw line. One thing I did notice to be very promising with Rome, is that he is VERY SHIFTY AND QUICK WITH THE BALL. This from somebody who is around 6'4". Great ballhandling skills, and very shifty with those head and shoulder fakes and crossover dribbles. I like what I see. Give this kid one or two more years, and he is going to be a very promising impact player, indeed. His advantage over Ellison is that he can afford to develop at a slower pace, because other scorers are in place.

* Other highlights is that Bam Gamalinda seems to be back to his scoring ways, I hope it lasts the whole season. Garvo Lanete as always was great, and I finally saw twice his patented "De Quatro (Cross-legged) Layup". It is very distinctive, and occurs when he drives to his left, and lays the ball up with his right hand, with his right knee bent up. Very unique, something you don't usually see.

* The Red Army crowd was out in full force, and easily overwhelmed the almost non-existent MIT crowd, which is surprising, because I saw an MIT game at the Cuneta Astrodome last season, and they were out in force then, and very active also. Probably had something to do with the fact that the Araneta Coliseum is far from MIT's campus in Intramuros.

* Surprise, surprise. The diminuitive Melo Lim made a steal, hit an outside shot, and flubbed a layup after faking with a behind the back pass in the limited minutes he was on the court. While his father is a 6'1" Point Guard in the PBA, Melo unfortunately did not inherit his father's height.
                                Last edited by rhk111; 06-29-2009, 12:11 PM.
                                Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information