7 foot Zhang Kai invited to Sacramento Kings training camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 foot Zhang Kai invited to Sacramento Kings training camp

He's not expected to make the team by any stretch of imagination, and as I had predicted he did not make the Olympic team despite a stellar CBA season, as well as some very good scoring outings in the pre-Olympic warm up games. But Zhang Kai will definitely benefit from this trip, as the Sacramento - Chinese connection works one more time, with Taiwanese scout Jack Mai successfully bringing in Chen Hsin An (Taiwan, 2002 camp), Liu Wei (China, 2004 camp), Tien Lei (Taiwan, 2005 SL team), Huang Haibei (China, 2006 SL team) one after another to Sac town.

Zhang Kai is a rail thin 7 footer born in 1982 (which should be correct...) who has super long arms and can jump out of the gym but is like 80lbs underweight for those of you who don't know.
    aim low, score high

Originally posted by sinobball
    He's not expected to make the team by any stretch of imagination, and as I had predicted he did not make the Olympic team despite a stellar CBA season, as well as some very good scoring outings in the pre-Olympic warm up games. But Zhang Kai will definitely benefit from this trip, as the Sacramento - Chinese connection works one more time, with Taiwanese scout Jack Mai successfully bringing in Chen Hsin An (Taiwan, 2002 camp), Liu Wei (China, 2004 camp), Tien Lei (Taiwan, 2005 SL team), Huang Haibei (China, 2006 SL team) one after another to Sac town.

Zhang Kai is a rail thin 7 footer born in 1982 (which should be correct...) who has super long arms and can jump out of the gym but is like 80lbs underweight for those of you who don't know.
    at least u got players invited to the summer league

btw, the owners of the sacrmento kings are Lebanese.

Comment

good chance for him to get some experience against NBA and potential NBA players then. Who knows, if by a long shot he does well, he might get chucked on the D-League, which is still an improvement over the CBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Charbel Sakr
        at least u got players invited to the summer league

btw, the owners of the sacrmento kings are Lebanese.
        then, they should invite fadi or any lebanese players for improvements
        #parasabayan
        #GoGilas

Comment

Originally posted by ricodgame
          fadi will be 30 soon
          there are several young Lebanese players now in the NCAA or Highschools,

they should be invited later on and not wait till they become 24-25

Comment

fadi will be 30 soon
            there are several young Lebanese players now in the NCAA or Highschools,

they should be invited later on and not wait till they become 24-25
            So you mean sacrmento kings will be the training camp of Lebanese NT because their boss is Lebanese???
            I think if somebody be invited to the NBA team just because of he is good enough and has good potential and not because of their country has a big boss!

Comment

Originally posted by FEIFEI
              So you mean sacrmento kings will be the training camp of Lebanese NT because their boss is Lebanese???
              I think if somebody be invited to the NBA team just because of he is good enough and has good potential and not because of their country has a big boss!
              What we mean, since the owner of the Sacramento Kings is a LIB national, LIB players now has a chance or to be invited by these team(good players only)..
              #parasabayan
              #GoGilas

Comment

what? hehehe u gotta learn some english because you are misnterpreting me every time

i was saying that there are several good and young players now who have a chance to play in the NBA in the future or at least be invited to a training camp, so they should try to get themselves into such camps early on and not wait till they become 24-25, ur chances to enter the nba will really go down the hill

read my post twice from now on heheh

U misinterpret me everytime, its not even funny anymore !!!

Comment

what? hehehe u gotta learn some english because you are misnterpreting me every time

i was saying that there are several good and young players now who have a chance to play in the NBA in the future or at least be invited to a training camp, so they should try to get themselves into such camps early on and not wait till they become 24-25, ur chances to enter the nba will really go down the hill
                  read my post twice from now on heheh

U misinterpret me everytime, its not even funny anymore !!!
                  Really?That's your anticipation?
                  Ok Let's go and see!
                  But you have so good and young players why your NT will impot so many players from USA??

Comment

We're not superior to them, they're not superior to us, so let's call it even, even though they think they are superior to us. They just lie, but just let them say whatever they want and not respond to them and discuss it amongst ourselves.

Let's just call it even and not fight. Fighting accomplishes nothing and makes everything worse anyway.

Respect and tolerance for everyone.

If you want to find a place where they are more honest in their judgments, and respectful of you and more honest about Chinese athletes, I'm sorry, but you have to go to another message board. This is an international message board where people of all nationalities can post, and this is what they do.

By thew way, I am thankful that even though the owners of the Sacramento Kings NBA team are Lebanese, that they invite Chinese--whatever other players are worthy of other nationalities also--to training camp to try out for their team, and respect basketball talent whatever their race and nationality.

Thank God for being color-blind and appearance-blind, and the meritocracy. If you can play basketball at a high level, it shouldn't matter what you look like, you should be given a chance to play.

Comment

Really?That's your anticipation?
                      Ok Let's go and see!
                      But you have so good and young players why your NT will impot so many players from USA??
                      name the players we got from usa?

we naturalized joe vogel since we have a huge C position and the FIBA gives u the right to do so

whom we got other than joe ?

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball

Glad to see you're back contributing here. You made the correct call on Zhang Kai not making the Olympic team. I had thought that Jonas Kauslauskas would name five big men to the team, which is what the Europeans usually do. But he only named four, Yao, Yi, Wang Zhizhi and Du Feng. Instead he chose Zhang Qingpeng to share a backup guard position with Chen Jianghua because of Chen's combination of talent and deficiencies. Both Zhang and Chen received playing time during the Olympics so both were indeed needed on the team.

Any news on Sun Zhe, Dongguan's 220 cm young center. Will he be playing center this season while Zhang plays power forward?

Comment

Originally posted by ricodgame
                          Actually a few years ago when Fadi Khatib went to the States he was invited to both the Kings and the Clippers Summer Leagues and had his Lebanese team accepted to release him from his contract he would have signed with the Clippers since they had an offer ready for him.
                          The owners of the Kings "Maalouf Brothers" are originally Lebanese and they would definitely want to help good players not only from lebanon but from other countries in Asia as well.

Comment

name the players we got from usa?

we naturalized joe vogel since we have a huge C position and the FIBA gives u the right to do so

whom we got other than joe ?
                            Latest News... - Sep 17, 2008 (by Mohammed Malas)
                            - The Lebanese basketball federation announced that they agreed terms with Aaron McCarthy from USA to be the coach of the Lebanese Men National Team for the upcoming period...

McCarthy's successful career in Europe encouraged the members of the federation as he was named as best coach in Finland 3 consecutive seasons before heading to Germany for another success..The american coach's main mission is to make it to World Cup 2010 in Turkey...

- Alvin Sims (193-G/F-74, college: Louisville) may be the 1st import of Anibal Zahle according to some sources in the country..

Sims is familiar to lebanese basketball as he was part of Sagesse's roster in the past, He also played in other countries like France, Austria, Kuwait & UAE.

- Al Muttahed club will utilize the benifits of the american forward Tony Williams (202-F-78, agency: ACMT, college: Louisville) for next season, The player will arrive soon to lebanon to start trainings with the team...

Williams began his career in Europe in playing in Turkey then he went to play in Italy and France

Originally posted by daniab
                            Lebanon will be in difference style this coming year !
                            A new coach will be picked in few days,as for getting back some lebanese abroads especially the tallest btw them.One of them is the Ex NBA player Matt freige (208-F-82) who is gonna join us hopefully ! as for the twins tabet (206-F/C-87) both are playing with south alabama (NCAA D1).
                            I would choose China,iran and lebanon to make it !
                            Originally posted by daniab
                            No,vogel is not good as he used to be.
                            He was injured this summer,and hes getting worse day after day.
                            Well we have now 2 solutions:
                            1- getting back the lebanese abroads centers and some of them are really great such (Julian Khazzouh,The twins tabet,Alex Mansour....)
                            2-naturalizing a new big guy to replace vogel.

Im sure with the first option,days will tell us what the federation will decide about this subject.
                            I don't konw who said is true ???

Comment

Originally posted by avolbert
                              Glad to see you're back contributing here. You made the correct call on Zhang Kai not making the Olympic team. I had thought that Jonas Kauslauskas would name five big men to the team, which is what the Europeans usually do. But he only named four, Yao, Yi, Wang Zhizhi and Du Feng. Instead he chose Zhang Qingpeng to share a backup guard position with Chen Jianghua because of Chen's combination of talent and deficiencies. Both Zhang and Chen received playing time during the Olympics so both were indeed needed on the team.

Any news on Sun Zhe, Dongguan's 220 cm young center. Will he be playing center this season while Zhang plays power forward?
                              Sun Zhe, Dongguan's 220 cm is trainning in the USA with Zhang Kai.
                              He will play in CBA for Dongguan club,as a young player.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information