Future Big Men Of Philippine Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manu_bol
    i would include him at the "future wingmen of philippine basketball" because of his height.

a "big man" should be at least 6'7"
    it doesnt matter what your height is, its how you play and how you succeed in playing that position.
    you know why I am happy

Comment

japeth will be healthy this coming season. he suffered a freak injury last season. we hope it'll not happen again. i think Japeth will be the starting Center for WKU next season.
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by its_eman8211
        Future Big Man...

Rabeh Al-Husseini 6'7" - What a season for him,very impressive, hope he develops more his foot work, jump shots, dribbling mobility and conditioning.

Gregory Slaughter 6'11" - Hope he improve more in his conditioning, post moves, foot work and dribbling skills. Get some exposures, play in PBL at lease. Add more muscle too.

Junmar Fajardo 6'8" - Scores triple double (points, rebounds and blocks), improve more his post moves, jump shots, dribble, add more muscle and compete in PBL and other college schools in manila

Jason Ballesteros 6'7" - Add MORE muscle, develop post moves and dribbling skills.

Norbert Torres 6'7" (17 yrs.old) - Hope you still grow up to 6'10" or 6'11".

Gian Chui 6'10" - Absorb all the training there in the US, but bring your A-game here. Be more mobile, develop strong post moves.

Japeth Aguilar 6'10" - Drink more milk so you have healthy bones, so you won't get injured all the time. you make us excited for nothing.

Project Bravo 6'8" of CESAFI I don't know if this is true" with Dirk style of playing...

Let's wait and see what this guy could do first...maybe he's just all hype no play..we won't know..yet
        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23
          Charles Barkley was the best player of Team USA in the 1992 and 1996 Olympics, but he admitted that he was 6'4".

I think it's impressive for a guy that is generously listed at 6'5" in the UAAP to averaged 12 or more rebounds per game because rebounding is not about height, it's all about timing, and having a longer wingspan than some of big men prospect in the UAAP.
          so, cruz and barkley have the same height?

barkley is effective because he is quick and has range for his size. so he's not necessarily a traditional PF. he's more like a bulky SF.

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro
            it doesnt matter what your height is, its how you play and how you succeed in playing that position.
            maybe. but jervy cruz is a big man by RP standards only.

jervy cruz is a low post player (and an effective one at that)
            but he is not a "big man", let's make it clear...

(or maybe a "big man" horizontally )

Comment

Originally posted by manu_bol
              maybe. but jervy cruz is a big man by RP standards only.

jervy cruz is a low post player (and an effective one at that)
              but he is not a "big man", let's make it clear...

(or maybe a "big man" horizontally )
              maybe so, but atleast we know/saw what he can do both locally and internationally. i'd rather see a skilled post player who isnt that tall than a tall guy who cant follow the plays.
              WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
              SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Future Big Man...

Japeth Aguilar 6'10" - Drink more milk so you have healthy bones, so you won't get injured all the time. you make us excited for nothing.
                And stop stepping on balls during practice.
                Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by C2Hamm
                  maybe so, but atleast we know/saw what he can do both locally and internationally. i'd rather see a skilled post player who isnt that tall than a tall guy who cant follow the plays.
                  internationally? for just one game against the pathetic slingers?

hey, we would rather see a skilled 'tall' big man. period.

again, i would rather call jervy an effective, bulky, power-playing SF

he's not a 'big man'

Comment

Originally posted by JonarSabilano
                    don't worry, he'll be good this year. their new head coach was the assistant at UT where he worked with lamarcus alderidge and kevin durant (he was a pf in college)
                    -The way RP basketball can get back to the Olympic and FIBA world stage... correct positions and small ball!
                    -teach all the youth that are 6'8 and shorter the ability to dribble, pass, and shoot 3's

http://forums.interbasket.net/showth...d=1#post187750

Comment

Project Bravo 6'8" of CESAFI I don't know if this is true" with Dirk style of playing...
                      I just got hold of one of his videos.

Last night, in a very rare occasion, me, Emel Rowe and 3 other USC fil-foreign prospects got into a YM conference. 4 different timezones. When Bravo left the conference early, I showed the video to the other guys to comment on. You guys can forget about the Dirk Nowitzki comparison. His ballhandling is pathetic. But one thing for sure, he is tall, and can really sky. He looks raw though.

And as much as I want to share the video now, you'll have to wait a little more.
                      Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline
                        I just got hold of one of his videos.

Last night, in a very rare occasion, me, Emel Rowe and 3 other USC fil-foreign prospects got into a YM conference. 4 different timezones. When Bravo left the conference early, I showed the video to the other guys to comment on. You guys can forget about the Dirk Nowitzki comparison. His ballhandling is pathetic. But one thing for sure, he is tall, and can really sky. He looks raw though.

And as much as I want to share the video now, you'll have to wait a little more.
                        c'mon bro.. please share the video now..please.. hehehe
                        http://www.coolcatdesigns.org
                        http://coolcatdesignsandconcepts.forums-free.com/
                        http://www.axispensionehouse.com/
                        http://www.bktours-visa.com/
                        http://s6.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=183782/

Comment

By the way what happened to the 6'7" Berame of UV?????
                          island hopping in cebu anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedAmeircanTikiTiki
                            By the way what happened to the 6'7" Berame of UV?????
                            He is Mr. Butterfingers at the Cebu Niños team in Liga Pilipinas
                            Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline
                              He is Mr. Butterfingers at the Cebu Niños team in Liga Pilipinas
                              i thought he is good? you think he can make it to the pba?
                              #parasabayan
                              #GoGilas

Comment

Originally posted by JonarSabilano
                                Japet is really crazy...
                                CONSISTENCY is what TRANSFORM average into excellence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information