Future Big Men Of Philippine Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wannabe View Post
    i'm too lazy to back read about the list, here's hoping our future big men(the really big ones) would be inspired by how this kid evolved his game. hoping that we could have at least 2-3 of them having the same progress as this kid. we need to have better heirs for fajardo and slaughter in the future.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/feature...-for-optimism/
    A future franchise player of the team. has all the ingredients to be an all-star

Comment

• http://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/m...all-tournament

Matthew Aquino makes presence felt at NU, leads way as Bulldogs edge De Ocampo

December 3, 2015, 06:13 pm

MATTHEW Aquino had 17 points and 13 rebounds as National University beat De Ocampo Memorial College, 74-73, recently in the Milcu Got Skills Hard To Guard 25-under basketball tournament at the Enderun Colleges Gym.

The son of former PBA star Marlou Aquino led the way for the Bulldogs in claiming their second win in three outings in Group B.

In other 25-under division results, Axel Inigo had 16 points, six rebounds, and four assists as Far Eastern University defeated Enderun Colleges, 68-63.

Adamson beat Rookies, 73-47, Rookies won over La Salle College Antipolo, 61-48, and De La Salle Araneta University beat San Beda College Alabang, 63-59, in the 15-under class.

Pinoy Youth Dreamers downed De La Salle Zobel, 74-67, in the 13-under division.

Malolos Rabbits won over La Salle College Antipolo, 54-53, and Skyhawk South Ballers downed Marist School, 64-47, in the 12-under division of the tournament sponsored by Milcu, sanctioned by the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas, and supported by Gatorade, LGR, Slam, Mighty Sports, Clyde Shoe Cleaner, Secret Fresh Ronac, Coach Athletic Trainers Tape, Magic 89.9, Enderun Colleges, and Lyceum.

Comment

• not sure if this is the right thread, tamayo kid is playing in adamson i think

live streaming of SBP passerelle happening right now in baguio

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

maybe some of these kids here will be "the future"

so far the #16 of ateneo de davao impresses me
        Last edited by Wannabe; 12-06-2015, 07:36 AM.

Comment

not sure if this is the right thread, tamayo kid is playing in adamson i think

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The Tamayo kid only plays on the offesive end, he doesn't cross halfcourt to defensd This is bad , if a team can't score 5 on 4 with a 24 sec clock
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
            The Tamayo kid only plays on the offesive end, he doesn't cross halfcourt to defensd This is bad , if a team can't score 5 on 4 with a 24 sec clock
            yeah! this is a bad habit by the coach and player lets say even if the player or team is superior. kayabangan! wrong way to develop young kids

Comment

• OT, curious to see kenji duremdes how advanced he is compared to the other kids of his age bracket, not sure though if their game is finished or next.

Comment

Carl Tamayo has a bad case of ankle sprain in their previous game. Under the Milo Best rule, the coach has to have different set of 5 players per quarter with no substitution. The coach can only have substitution and can insert his best players in the fourth. Maybe to protect Tamayo from further aggravating his injury that's the reason why for that ploy.

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                  Carl Tamayo has a bad case of ankle sprain in their previous game. Under the Milo Best rule, the coach has to have different set of 5 players per quarter with no substitution. The coach can only have substitution and can insert his best players in the fourth. Maybe to protect Tamayo from further aggravating his injury that's the reason why for that ploy.
                  ahhhh i see. thanks for reminding about this rule. forgot already this rule about small basketeers. thats why i wonder if there was another tamayo because in their uaap roster there are 2 tamayo listed. carl tamayo didnt have his usual moves in this game and was even blocked. anyway is this under 15 or 14? if he is now 6'6" i think he can grow to at least 6'8".

Comment

• ^
                    High school , especially youth coaches have to set their priorities right , winning is secondary to developing players and kids, while i can understand the strategy of using Tamayo that way given the rules to improve winning, it's bad for teaching development. One the kid is hurt, two you're doing a de serivce to his teamates and the other team players development, how do you develop them when the strategy is just to throw the ball to the frontcout in transition to Tamayo, For the opposing team they're learning to play offense 5 on 4, For Tomayo you're teaching him offense is more important than defense. This is the problem with youth coaches they're prioritising winning over development.
                    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

not sure if this is the right thread, tamayo kid is playing in adamson i think

I can honestly say that the system both teams have is non existent.

Comment

This is the problem with youth coaches they're prioritising winning over development.
                        Because how else would these aspiring young ballers get noticed by the big-time scouts but by winning games? Nobody wants to get losers for their teams no matter how good they are.

It's actually a good thing some local youth tournaments overseas (particularly US) don't keep score and tournament records, but only on an unofficial basis if they do.

Develop your skills now, play to win later.
                        Originally posted by gideon
                        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Anyone watched the SBP PASSERELLE final on the weekend in Bagiuo? kindly share or upload the video of the game between ADAMSON and HOLY ANGEL UNIVERSITY because I want to see the match between Tamayo and Daniel Angelo David ( the son of Agelo long David and cousin of Christian David). If he's as good as his father, he will be good power forward or center. I remembered during the MBA days how Long David outplayed Rommel Aducul and Pampanga Dragon beat Manila Metrostar. I hope he will grow taller than his father (6'5) and play better.

Comment

^
                            while i can understand the strategy of using Tamayo that way given the rules to improve winning
                            I dont think that was done to win. It was done so that they have 5 kids in the court. As mentioned in the video, on top of the normal amateur rules, all teams can only play 5 players per quarter with no substitution except on the 4th quarter. Sbp is using this rule so that everyone in the team will be able to play. 15 kids spread by 5 on the first 3 quarters. So going back, either adu plays tamayo and limiting his participation, or not play him and have 1 quarter with only 4 players.
                            WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                            SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
                              I dont think that was done to win. It was done so that they have 5 kids in the court. As mentioned in the video, on top of the normal amateur rules, all teams can only play 5 players per quarter with no substitution except on the 4th quarter. Sbp is using this rule so that everyone in the team will be able to play. 15 kids spread by 5 on the first 3 quarters. So going back, either adu plays tamayo and limiting his participation, or not play him and have 1 quarter with only 4 players.
                              Haha. I remember hearing that rule in a girls b-ball anime I have watched 2 years ago. I am not freaking kidding.

So it's a real-life youth b-ball rule, I see.
                              Originally posted by gideon
                              Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                                Haha. I remember hearing that rule in a girls b-ball anime I have watched 2 years ago. I am not freaking kidding.

So it's a real-life youth b-ball rule, I see.
                                we had that rule in our intrams when I was in high school. We sometimes have to play 4vs5 or even 3vs5 on some games

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information