Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of the brazilian basketball (Recovered)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
    I know man . We have more Lebanese/of Lebanese descent living in Brazil (approx. 8 million) than Lebanon itself (approx. 4 million)
    Yep. I'm 1/4 German, 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Lebanese and 1/4 Portuguese.

Comment

I am intrigued about Lucas Nogueira and his athleticism and the natural instincts for the defense as Nogueira reminds me of a young Tyson Chandler.
      Last edited by CKR13; 04-24-2011, 03:57 AM.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by ¹²³ View Post
        OT: No way! Cool mix

Do you feel you belong or have any connection to any of these origins or you say i'm just Brazilian?

Comment

So, you're early 1/4 of the time, really late 1/4 of the time, moderately late 1/4 of the time, and on the beach 1/4 of the time?

I'm terrible.
          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
            OT: No way! Cool mix

Do you feel you belong or have any connection to any of these origins or you say i'm just Brazilian?
            I'm Brazilian first, no doubt about that. I like all my heritage cultures, but I wouldn't feel like I belong in any of those countries. I have German citizenship too, but even if I lived there I would feel Brazilian.

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
            So, you're early 1/4 of the time, really late 1/4 of the time, moderately late 1/4 of the time, and on the beach 1/4 of the time?

I'm terrible.
            LOL. In fact you are close to reality. I wish I could spend more time on the beach.

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
            I lam intrigued about Lucas Nogueira and his athleticism and the natural instincts for the defense as Nogueira reminds me of a young Tyson Chandler.
            I'm intrigued as well. Maybe Magnano can find a way to make him play some games for our NT and we could have a better look on him against older players.

Comment

AOL and Yahoo!Sports have reported that Lucas Nogueira have signed for the NBA draft.

Sacramento Kings
              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                AOL and Yahoo!Sports have reported that Lucas Nogueira have signed for the NBA draft.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...e-in-nba-draft
                Even Wojnarowski is reporting this, maybe he will find a way to enter the lottery.

Link

Comment

Probably depends which NCAA underclassman enter the draft, but I see him in the top 15 picks or so at least

Comment

Late first round pick at best.

Comment

Originally posted by guilherme.rcf View Post
                      Late first round pick at best.
                      He should withdraw if that's the case and wait for next year.

Comment

He should withdraw if that's the case and wait for next year.

If you consider that he wont be ready for the NBA in the next 3 or so years and he will probably stay in Spain developing his game even if drafted, to be selected by a good franchise in the late first round of this years' draft is not bad at all.

I would rather play for the Lakers, Bulls or Spurs than the Bobcats, Warriors, Cavs...

Comment

Originally posted by guilherme.rcf View Post
                          If you consider that he wont be ready for the NBA in the next 3 or so years and he will probably stay in Spain developing his game even if drafted, to be selected by a good franchise in the late first round of this years' draft is not bad at all.

I would rather play for the Lakers, Bulls or Spurs than the Bobcats, Warriors, Cavs...
                          That's one way to look at it, althought he would have significantly less playing time in a deep roster. Look at Splitter's case in the Spurs.

Anyway, I can see positive things on both cenarios.

Comment

I just heard Lucas Bebê on TV (Sportv) and he said he doesn't care about the team that is going to select him, that his goal is to enter the league (NBA).

That shows to me his agents are making his mind and he is going after the money.

Comment

And I read that he started playing basketball with 14 years old.

He tried to become a football goalkeeper before.

That is our damn problem.

I started with 9 years old. Ok.. the NBA was in its golden years, the dream team was shocking people in Barcelona, but come on...

Nobody plays basketball in Brazil anymore. The kids only find out the game if they reach 2 meters high and are too dumb to play volleyball.

Even Splitter used to be a volleyball player before changing to basketball.

Comment

That's just awful. That's very, very disappointing about Nogueira. That's an awful attitude.
                                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information