Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ilya
    Final score 119-62.
    Wow, didn't watch the game, but I was surely not expecting such a dismal result.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

It was actually like 15 year olds playing 18 year olds. I totally didn't enjoy it, would have hated it if our team was the one to lose like that, I actually do feel embarrassed.
      Start your day with a smile and get over it

Comment

It was actually like 15 year olds playing 18 year olds. I totally didn't enjoy it, would have hated it if our team was the one to lose like that, I actually do feel embarrassed.
        Yes but you have to think longterm. It is time for Greece to become a big team. I mean really a big team.

For a decade our team had a psychological problem, failing in the most critical moments because they did not stand the pressure.

Just remember EC03 in Sweden against Italy how much fear the players had in their eyes without ability to score.

Why not turn the game around. Why not develop a legend a myth around the team and let our opponents be the party that has the psychological problem if they have to face us.
        You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Too sad,congrats for greece.Amazing defensive team.
          Well technically,Greece had 8 players above 205 while Lebanon had 3 players only above 200 cm !
          Second Greece were dominating the rebounds something like 45 to 16 for lebanon only.
          The absence of joe vogel were the direct reason for that big failure,the centers of greece were almost taking control of everything,rebounds,lay ups,dunks.If joe vogel was there,im sure the difference wouldnt be that far,its not normal to have a 195cm defending a 210 cm.
          This is not my team , this is not our performance,i know we were going to loose but not by shamefull loss.
          Congrats to greece and their fans and i hope we will not start crying cz our situation is not so supportive.
          Hope to fix the mistakes very soon and we are planning to do so.
          Proud to be Lebanese
          www.arabasket.com

Comment

What happened to Tsartsaris? Suddenly in form? Strange.

Must have been that he was not playing center today...

Comment

Originally posted by KWSN-Men
              What happened to Tsartsaris? Suddenly in form? Strange.

Must have been that he was not playing center today...
              Didnt he play the C in the starting five?
              You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Great performance, but i feel a little embarrassed too, just because the opponent were the lebanese and i like them.
                I wouldn't mind if the opponent was someone else

Comment

I don't really think we could have such an advantage against the teams we' d be needing it. There are only a few teams who are as good or better than this team and that kind of edge would never work against them. Let's face it: The Liths, the Russians, the Spaniards or the US team would never really be afraid of us. (Sorry if I'm forgetting a couple of teams).

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki
                    Didnt he play the C in the starting five?
                    Actually he did. I don't know about his form though, maybe he needs the competitiveness to perform.

Comment

I don't really think we could have such an advantage against the teams we' d be needing it. There are only a few teams who are as good or better than this team and that kind of edge would never work against them. Let's face it: The Liths, the Russians, the Spaniards or the US team would never really be afraid of us. (Sorry if I'm forgetting a couple of teams).
                      And we will never really be afraid of them. Guys, Greece did what it has to do, today. Don't forget that this was actually a preparation game ( not offense ) for the upcoming Olympic tournament, and all players give their best.

Comment

Originally posted by daniab

This is not my team , this is not our performance,i know we were going to loose but not by shamefull loss.
                        You shouldn't be feeling like that man. This is sports, someone wins, someone loses and there's no shame in that. You said it yourself, you played without one of your two best players.

Comment

You shouldn't be feeling like that man. This is sports, someone wins, someone loses and there's no shame in that. You said it yourself, you played without one of your two best players.
                          well even so its not an excuse to loose by this big margin.
                          I know who is greece and how good they are ? but still we can manage a respectfull performance as korea did today.
                          I felt a big shame seeing the players running without any enthusiasm,i missed the games that we used to be very enthusiast to play and make the people here in lebanon proud,especially the game vs france that we won it.Basketball is the only thing that made the people here happy and forgetting for a moment the wars.
                          Proud to be Lebanese
                          www.arabasket.com

Comment

http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/pages...t_boxScor.html

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
                              I felt a big shame seeing the players running without any enthusiasm,i missed the games that we used to be very enthusiast to play and make the people here in lebanon proud,especially the game vs france that we won it.Basketball is the only thing that made the people here happy and forgetting for a moment the wars.
                              You should never be ashamed of your players, that's an awful thing to say.

Now you're making me feel even worse.

Comment

You should never be ashamed of your players, that's an awful thing to say.

Now you're making me feel even worse.
                                I have never been ashamed of my players,because i know what these players have given to us.But the baskebtall is a continuity and some in lebanon are still leaving on some acheivements in the past.
                                I know that the situation in lebanon didnt help a lot,but even so i remember the WC 2006 when we played and lebanon were under a huge war and we could make a very respectfull participation.
                                Proud to be Lebanese
                                www.arabasket.com

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information