Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of the 1992 Dream Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetiredJordanStopper
    Isiah Thomas exclusion is just alright and justifiable. He's a selfish evil bitch
    Jerk. Outside of Magic, Jordan and Bird, there was no one other player that deserved to be on that team more than Isiah Thomas. I read an article that with the injuries to John Stockton and Magic, that they were leaning towards calling Joe Dumars - that would have confirmed that there was a Jordan conspiracy against Isiah.

Stuart
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
      Jerk. Outside of Magic, Jordan and Bird, there was no one other player that deserved to be on that team more than Isiah Thomas. I read an article that with the injuries to John Stockton and Magic, that they were leaning towards calling Joe Dumars - that would have confirmed that there was a Jordan conspiracy against Isiah.

Stuart
      I think its a Jordan conspiracy... I heard that its a payback from a previous all-star games or something...

I wonder what Chuck Daly feels when he has to tick off his very own player from Detroit...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donmar
        I think its a Jordan conspiracy... I heard that its a payback from a previous all-star games or something...
        Oh it's payback for sure -- not just the 1984 All-Star Game but mainly because when the Chicago Bulls finally beat the Detroit Pistons in 1992 to reach the NBA finals, Isiah led his team off the floor right past Jordan before the game was even over (there was 10 seconds or so left), without congratulating Jordan, Pippen, and company.

Check out the 7:40 mark

I don't think Bird had anything to do with it, but Isiah and Bird didn't have the best of relationships, not to mention Laimbeer and Bird. Laimbeer just said last year "He don't like me, I don't like him" about 15 years after their playing days.

Stuart

Comment

10 seconds to go walkout!... man thats remind me of the New England Patriots' coach this year..

sigpic

Comment

The teams largest deficit was 6.....against France in the exhibition in Monte Carlo's Stade Louis II arena (8-2). France still led 16-13 with 12:26 to go in the first half. France was led by Georges Adams 15 and Stephane Ostrowski's 14. Jordan scored 21, 17 the first half. Barkley scored 14 of his 21 inthe sencond half. Chris Mullin scored 16, who was often misidentified as John Stockton. Larry Bird scored only 2 in 16 min (he started as well). Barkley led in rebounding with 5 as the Americans outrebounded France 31-14. The largest lead was 111-69 in the final seconds. The Final was 111-71. Magic after the game was asked to go up to the royal box after the game to shake hands with Prince Rainier and son Albert.

In Portland, the largest deficit was to Panama I believe. They were ahead 15-13. They played a packed zone that the US, namely Jordan and Miullin, soht over hitting 4 threes each. They then made a 16-0 run to make it 29-15. Eddy Chavez hit 4 first half 3's for Panama, sparked Panama's early spark, broke the run with a 3. Leroy Jakcson folllowed with a jumper to make it 29-20, but that was as close as it got.
            My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
            1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
            1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
            1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
            1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
            1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
            1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
            1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

Its too bad they never played against Yugoslavia. That was shame. IT could have been hellava game.
              UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

1992, Final

USA
                Charles Barkley
                Larry Bird
                Clyde Drexler,
                Patrick Ewing
                Earvin "Magic" Johnson
                Michael Jordan
                Christian Laettner
                Karl "The Mailman" Malone
                Chris Mullin
                Scottie Pippen
                David Robinson
                John Stockton

Croatia
                Drazen Petrovic
                Velimir Perasovic
                Danko Cvjeticanin
                Toni Kukoc
                Vladan Alanovic
                Franjo Arapovic
                Zan Tabak
                Stojko Vrankovic
                Alan Gregov
                Arijan Komazec
                Dino Radja
                Aramis Naglic

Comment

What do i think of the 1992 Dream team ?
                  Overrated!

Monstars could handle them!
                  Not to mention that if they played under intergalactic, instead of NBA, rules it would be a massacre!

Comment

The only croatian player who could compete phisically with the american was Dino Radja, and maybe Vrankovic if he had any useful neuron.
                    Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
                    You are a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MakaveliLeDon
                      Monstars could handle them!
                      Yeah, right. They were owned by MJ, Bill Murray and bunch of Loony Toons.

Well, let me remind one thing:
                      This game was only 20 minutes long.
                      47-70
                      76-58

Comment

Originally posted by usausa
                        The teams largest deficit was 6.....against France in the exhibition in Monte Carlo's Stade Louis II arena (8-2). France still led 16-13 with 12:26 to go in the first half. France was led by Georges Adams 15 and Stephane Ostrowski's 14. Jordan scored 21, 17 the first half. Barkley scored 14 of his 21 inthe sencond half. Chris Mullin scored 16, who was often misidentified as John Stockton. Larry Bird scored only 2 in 16 min (he started as well). Barkley led in rebounding with 5 as the Americans outrebounded France 31-14. The largest lead was 111-69 in the final seconds. The Final was 111-71. Magic after the game was asked to go up to the royal box after the game to shake hands with Prince Rainier and son Albert.
                        Man, I need a copy of this game. Larry Bird, unfortunately, was on his last legs, his back was killing him, and was a few months from retirement. He showed some moments of greatness, but Bird was a shell of himself.. a couple of the games, you could see the other team attacking defensively - which may have even happened if he was 27 and healthy.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by usausa

In Portland, the largest deficit was to Panama I believe. They were ahead 15-13. They played a packed zone that the US, namely Jordan and Miullin, soht over hitting 4 threes each. They then made a 16-0 run to make it 29-15. Eddy Chavez hit 4 first half 3's for Panama, sparked Panama's early spark, broke the run with a 3. Leroy Jakcson folllowed with a jumper to make it 29-20, but that was as close as it got.
                          OG 1992.
                          25-23
                          Barkley throwing his towel down...
                          I was ten back then but that picture will never go out of my head..
                          we lost with big margin at the end, but it was our "golden" medal on the OG..
                          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Best Basketball team ever assembled period, and the scary thing looking back is they could have been better. Christian Laettner over Isiah *shakes his head*
                            Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Srle
                              Its too bad they never played against Yugoslavia. That was shame. IT could have been hellava game.
                              I will have to agree. Yugoslavia at the time ruled european basketball. All of yugo players back then are now legends.
                              As for the dream team..what can i say, these guys were the reason i love basketball so much. You could tell they were enjoying playing basketball and they showed so much respect to the opposite teams.
                              In my opinion that team was the one and only dream team. They should have never named the following USA teams dream team I & II (they stopped after 2000 i think).
                              Last edited by obe31; 07-23-2008, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
                                Man, I need a copy of this game. Larry Bird, unfortunately, was on his last legs, his back was killing him, and was a few months from retirement. He showed some moments of greatness, but Bird was a shell of himself.. a couple of the games, you could see the other team attacking defensively - which may have even happened if he was 27 and healthy.

Stuart
                                I dont have the game, I was able to find an article in one of those databases and it was the best one that I found. I loved how vs. Croatia in the final, Croatia goes up, Barkley goes up with a 3 then on the nest possesion goes behind the back on the break then gives to Barkley. Its a shame France didnt make it to the final qualifying. They were 3-2 in the prelims but they were tied with Israel and Italy, but they lost to Israel and lost out on that goal avg thing that i dont understand.

Also, ity is commonly beleived the US was never down (only to Croatia) in the Olympics or in the Tournament of the Americas. To the contrary though, they were always down in the first few minutes, eg. 4-0 deficit to Spain, down a few to Brazil, 25-23 Croatia, and down to Panama in the Tourn. of Americas (of what I can remeber, I need to watch the videos again). I loved how the Lituanians walked around in their tie-dye shirts. The story behind that is a band from the Bay Area (firget the name) heard about Lituanian basketball plight and sponsored them and donated like 3-5,000.
                                My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                                1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                                1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                                1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                                1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                                1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                                1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                                1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information