Azovmash starts new project - basketball arena with 12 000 seats

Euroleague advanced stats and analytics

basket-stats.net

Comment

Originally posted by robbe

--------------------

S P A I N
      2008/09 Euroleague participants currently playing in 10.000+ arenas [3]
      Badalona: Pavelló Olímpic de Badalona (12.500) – Opened 1992; Home of Joventut.
      Madrid: Palacio Vistalegre (14.000) – Opened 2000; Home of Real.
      Malaga: Palacio de los Deportes Martin Carpena (10.500?) – Opened 1999; Home of Unicaja. Information about arena capacity differs between 7.900 and 10.500. According to ballineurope.com, they average 8692 spectators for home games in the Euroleague. Someone care to clarify?

2008/09 ACB participants currently playing in 10.000+ arenas
      Madrid: Telofonica Arena Madrid (11.000) – Opened 2003; Home of Estudiantes.
      Zaragoza: Pabellón Príncipe Felipe (11.000) – Opened 1990; Home of CAI Zaragoza.
      San Sebastián: Plaza de Illumbe (10.500) – Opened 1998. Home of Bruesa GBC.

10.000+ Arenas that are currently not being used by basketball clubs on a regular basis
      Barcelona: Palau Sant Jordi (17.000) – Opened 1990. The place where FC Barcelona won the Euroleague in 2003.

--------------------
      You missed the "Palacio de Deportes de la Comunidad de Madrid" (15000). Tt's not used by any club now but it hosted the final round of 2007 eurobasket and 2008 Final Four of Euroleague.

Also "Fernado Buesa Arena" of Vitoria, home of TAU cerámica, which is slightly below 10000, will be enlarged next year to 12000 or 13000.
      Last edited by penzias; 09-06-2008, 07:13 AM.
      Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
      You are a troll.

Comment

Any updates? New arena announced? How is Zalgiris Arena construction going?

Here is update from Croatia:

Zagreb Arena:

Spaladium Center, Split:

KC Krešimir Ćosić, Zadar

Zadar has been completed and Split and Zagreb will be completed next month.

Comment

links for polish arenas:
          http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...page=139(Sopot)
          http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#321;ódź)

Hala Sopot/Gdańsk capacity 12k
          Hala Łódź capacity 11k
          Turów- probably the best team on the world

Comment

Originally posted by Cibos
            Any updates? New arena announced? How is Zalgiris Arena construction going?
            The work finally started two months ago. Arena should be built in 2 years.

Now arena looks like this

Here are some photos and video how it will look like
            Last edited by Mindozas; 11-29-2008, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas
              Now arena looks like this
              goood one

anyway, it's great that they finally started! though I absolutelly don't like the idea of black seats!!!it looks awfull, just like Arena in Siauliai...
              2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
              2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
              MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
              All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
              All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
              2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

Originally posted by re5pectas
                though I absolutelly don't like the idea of black seats!!!it looks awfull, just like Arena in Siauliai...
                Me either. Maybe now it's just a vision without colours included and everything will be clear in final stages. Maybe it will depend on the name of arena? If it will be "Kaunas Arena", then seats might be red. Don't know, I'm not an expert here Of course I personally would like green seats Black ones looks just bad, I would like to see bright colours inside, then arena would look more lively.

Comment

Originally posted by robbe View Post
                  T U R K E Y
                  [
                  Istanbul: Sinan Erdem Dome (22.500) – Opened 2003; Did host Turkish national team basketball games in the past.
                  it allegedly will have been opened in 2010! when we started to build this "wonder" Jordan was playing for Bulls, still Meg Ryan was receiving good offers:=)

Comment

Originally posted by re5pectas View Post
                    though I absolutelly don't like the idea of black seats!!!it looks awfull, just like Arena in Siauliai...
                    but you seem be ok with them chopping all the trees in the park around the arena, aren't you
                    I mean come on, this is just a visualisation to convey the basic feel and shape of the building, imho, it's practically B&W only.. I doubt any decisions are made regarding arena's colours (both on the inside and outside, I doubt it'll be green-ish, for example), but I could be wrong..

And now that the Kaunas arena hysteria is pretty much over, we'd better start thinking about the Klaipeda arena, coz 2011 is very near. Luckily Vilnius is not intentionally blocking this particullar project (as they did with Kaunas arena), coz it looks like it could turn problematic as it is.

Nice movement in Croatia, btw.
                    stop russia

Comment

All 3 new big arenas have been 100% completed now

Zagreb:

Split:

Zadar:

Cibona will most probably play in it already against CSKA.

Comment

Split one looks great with the audience sitting so close to the court.

Comment

here is Nokia Arena in Tel Aviv, Israel..
                          one of the most beautiful arenas in Europe:

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

SK Olimpisky in Mosckow
                            +30000- ..........

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyParker11 View Post
                              here is Nokia Arena in Tel Aviv, Israel..
                              one of the most beautiful arenas in Europe:

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?i...albay06is3.jpg
                              LOL
                              Da volim crno-bele
                              Ponosno kazem svima

Comment

After Jordi couldn't find arena in Europe in order to host the Final Four, I think we should help him and relive this thread !

Please, read the tread from the start and then add the new arenas.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information