PCCL Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icthus22
    where would I go if I want to watch the games? What/where are the venues?

ZONE 3 Games is on Nov 9-11 @ Ormoc City Superdome, Ormoc City

ZONE 4 Games is on Nov 14-16 @ Xavier University gym, Cagayan de Oro City

the actual PHILIPPINE COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE games would begin Nov 24 @ Makati Coliseum, Makati City. Admission to the games at Makati is free.
    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy
      ZONE 3 Games is on Nov 9-11 @ Ormoc City Superdome, Ormoc City

ZONE 4 Games is on Nov 14-16 @ Xavier University gym, Cagayan de Oro City

the actual PHILIPPINE COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE games would begin Nov 24 @ Makati Coliseum, Makati City. Admission to the games at Makati is free.
      Makati? I thought they mentioned The Arena in San Juan? So where is the final venue?
      Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

• Originally posted by rhk111
        ^^^
        Probably has something to do with the budget. It did happen with our RP Youth team this year wherein they ended up playing two games within the same day on one of their schedules. But I agree, they could've just added one more day of competitions, and it would've been better for all schools.
        they should have just taken out the playoff schedule as there was absoltely no need for that. just let the teams play within their brackets

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by thadzonline
          Makati? I thought they mentioned The Arena in San Juan? So where is the final venue?
          Thadz, From where did you get the info that it is now in the Arena? That's better for me as it is near my house. When did they made an announcement about the changes. Ever since it was the Makati Coliseum, that's what the PCCL organizers said in their press releases.

Please check the Official Website of the PCCL below:

PHILIPPINE COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
          Last edited by nardy; 11-09-2008, 10:48 AM.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
          THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy
            Thadz, From where did you get the info that it is now in the Arena? That's better for me as it is near my house. When did they made an announcement about the changes. Ever since it was the Makati Coliseum, that's what the PCCL organizers said in their press releases.

Please check the Official Website of the PCCL below:

PHILIPPINE COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
            from the UST coaching staff and from PCCL media partner Gameface.ph CEO Henry Abes. By the way, how do I get to San Juan from the airport? and an hotels you can recommend? pls PM me, thanks

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

• ^^^
              There are meter taxis at the NAIA, not sure about the other airports, but they should have one, too. Kinda expensive, from NAIA to Bacoor, Cavite is about P250, but cheaper than the 'pakyaw' taxis. From the airport to San Juan, probably around P300-400, by my estimate.
              Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

from the UST coaching staff and from PCCL media partner Gameface.ph CEO Henry Abes. By the way, how do I get to San Juan from the airport? and an hotels you can recommend? pls PM me, thanks
                I you are riding a cab from the airport, just direct the driver to go to San Juan. If it's not that traffic (depends on the time), I prefer you pass thru EDSA. An alternate route is via C-5.

Originally posted by nardy
                Got this from the internet:

Wiki Map of San Juan Arena

ADDRESS:
                The Arena, Pinaglabanan, San Juan.

HOW TO GO THERE:
                By Commuting:
                - BUS
                Ride on a G-liner from either Quiapo or Robinson's Galeria/Greenhills Mall. The G-liner will pass by the Arena.

- JEEP
                Or from Robinsons Ortigas/Galleria, Ride the "SAN JUAN" jeep.

By Car/Cab from Teatro Aguinaldo:
                1. From Camp Aguinaldo, get on Santolan, cross EDSA to other side of Santolan.
                2. Follow Santolan until you reach Ortigas /Santolan crossing (see satellite map above)
                3. Cross the intersection and keep going.
                4. You'll see the large WHITE CROSS Compound on the left.
                5. You'll the LA CONCONSOLACION CONVENT on the right.
                6. Beside the convent is The Arena.

Here are several Hotels that are near the San Juan area. But am not sure how good they really are or how is their prices are:

GREENHILLS ÉLAN HOTEL MODERN

Linden Suites Hotel

Holiday Inn Galleria Manila

Richmond Hotel

Discovery Suites

Astoria Plaza

Edsa Shangri-La

TheLegend Villas

Crowne Plaza Galleria

Lancaster Hotel

Malayan Plaza

New Horizon Manila

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

SHANGRILA HOTEL is right on Greenhills area. " Inside domestic airport" on luggage pick up area you can see an exit door, go out take a look on your right hand side and you can see the information center for hotels and taxis which you can trust. "Advice" When you take a taxi try not to speak visaya, because a lot of those taxi driver are visaya and they rob you by running the meter fast. Also, inside the taxi you can see a taxi plate number with telephone number so right it down, so when you call a police for assistance you have a discreption of the taxi. I just been to the Philippine this past June, 2008 I went to Cebu and Tacloban. Do not take a pakyaw taxi, meter is better. ( As a visayan descent I could not fully understand a tagalog ). Be careful.
                  Last edited by scoli; 11-09-2008, 04:04 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Holiday Inn is located right beside Robinson's Galleria. From Galleria, you can take a G-Liner bus to The Arena.
                    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoli
                      SHANGRILA HOTEL is right on Greenhills area. " Inside domestic airport" on luggage pick up area you can see an exit door, go out take a look on your right hand side and you can see the information center for hotels and taxis which you can trust. "Advice" When you take a taxi try not to speak visaya, because a lot of those taxi driver are visaya and they rob you by running the meter fast. Also, inside the taxi you can see a taxi plate number with telephone number so right it down, so when you call a police for assistance you have a discreption of the taxi. I just been to the Philippine this past June, 2008 I went to Cebu and Tacloban. Do not take a pakyaw taxi, meter is better. ( As a visayan descent I could not fully understand a tagalog ). Be careful.
                      Thanks, My Tagalog isn't too bad, lol...anyways, I guess PAL Express lands at NAIA 3 so I'll take EDSA passing through Tramo and will see from there

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

• Zone 3 results:
                        Letran 96, ACLC 65
                        USJ-R 88, WNU 77

courtesy of sir_hodge at gameface.ph

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

• ^^^
                          USJ-R got back at WNU for their loss against the same team in the recently concluded Unigames.

Latest results of the PCCL games this morning, as per "sir_hodge" of the Gameface forums:
                          Game 1: UC def. AMA - 101-60
                          Game 2: WNU def. BIT - 90-62

Impressive win by UC against AMA. They battle it out against powerhouse Letran this evening.

Comment

• from sir hodge of gameface.ph

Night Game 1: USJ-R def. BIT-IC - 99-74
                            Night Game 2: Letran def. UC - 86-76

USJ-R pulled away in the last quarter... The 2nd game was very much exciting because of the Visayan crowd heavily favoring somewhat of an underdog and their fellow Visayan of course, UC... sigh, sabagay ugaling Pinoy na talaga ang kantyawan pati hitsura ng players... UC led by as much as 7 pts in the 2nd quarter, 29-22 but Fajardo picked up a 3rd personal foul in the late 2nd quarter and Letran was able to snatch the lead again... Fajardo further got into foul trouble early in the 3rd quarter picking up his 4th foul and had to be sidelined for the rest of the 3rd quarter... Gomez lost his 3-pt touch in this game...
                            "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

• Based on the pics from "sir_hodge" of the Gameface forums, the games were very well attended. I suspect much more than it would've otherwise been had it been held in Manila.

The PCCL might want to think of holding more, if not all of the PCCL games in the provinces, with national TV coverage, of course.

Comment

• Fajardo got his 3rd personal foul when "binatukan niya ang isang Letran player, subsob" heheheh. I watched the game in ormoc last night night and I was impressed with the defensive skills of Fajardo. He made it difficult for the Letran Knights to made a basket in the paint and his presence alone in the paint made the Letran Knights just to settle for a jump shot for everytime they went inside Fajardo was there to block their shots. He has also good post up moves and good touch in the free throw line.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information