Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. College/University Players of Asian descent!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07
    The Tabet twins are a great addition for Lebanon.Daniab will be very proud of this boys.
    Did you see the 2 players playing? If yes what can you tell us about them?

I hope they are good!
    ________
    Ipad accessories
    Last edited by Lebanon; 04-05-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Name:Tarek Ammoury
    Height : 6'3" (194cm)
    Born 21 march 1990
    Position : Guard
    High School : Mclean (North US)
    Awards: All State team, MVP of northern America,Best scorer 3 consecutive years with his high school.
    Latest Statistics: 22ppg,9.7 rpg and 2.4 apg.
    College : Marymount (NCAA div 1)

.this guy had a lot of offers for the best basketball universities at the USA such as DUKE,SYRACUSE and many more...

Here some quotes about Tarek :

After a low-scoring third quarter that drew McLean’s lead down to three, the Highlanders exploded offensively in the fourth, outscoring Woodson 19-5 over the last seven minutes of the game. Senior Tarek Ammoury, the all-star of the Highlanders all season, led the charge with a game-high 27 points. The victory guaranteed McLean’s first Regional Tournament berth since 1999.
    In other district games earlier last week, Madison defeated McLean, 68-57, and Langley lost to South Lakes, 72-63. Davenport scored 20 and Sexton 15 for Langley and Madison was led by Flaherty’s 17 and Conlon’s 15.

For McLean in the loss, Austin Lastowka had 10 points before fouling out, and leading scorer Tarek Ammoury had 21 points and 13 rebounds. McLean defeated Jefferson, 64-56 in overtime, on Friday night as Ammoury had 26 points and Justin Duvarney 16.

from Virginia tech forum :

The latest on Tarek Ammoury's recruiting process is that WVU was interested in him, however the coaching change where John Beilein become the Michigan head coach. It isn't because of his grades that he hasn't gotten his first d-1 offer.

Tarek Ammoury (42) salutes the Highlander student section after his 27-point, 10-rebound performance paced McLean in the first game of Thursday's double-header.

Tarek Ammoury - McLean, 6-foot-3, Senior. Led McLean in scoring for three consecutive seasons, and was a starter since his freshman year. Was named the Northern Region Player of the Year last following the 2007-08 season. Ammoury grew up in Lebanon and moved to the United States with his family in seventh grade.

http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/cont...914&CID=796441

Note : he can play with our youth,and theres some tries to let him play with the youth team
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07
    Chris Timberlake #13-North Flordia University Ospreys

Position: Point Guard

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 180 lbs

Birthplace: Miami, Florida

Previous School: Dr. Michael Krop Senior HS

Key Statistics

Games: 28

Points/Game: (PPG) 8.3

Rebounds/Game: (RPG) 1.9

Steals: 29
    Blocks: (BLK) 1
    Assists/Game: (APG) 2.6

<<Vid from BBALLfan101

Ryan Wetherell #2 - USC Trojans

Height / Weight:5-11 / 175

Position:Guard

Birthdate: 02/12/1988

Class:Sophomore

Hometown: Calgary, Alberta, CN

High School: Sr. Winston Churchill

THE BREAKDOWN: Ryan Wetherell, a 5-foot-11, 175-pound sophomore guard, adds to the Trojan mix at the point guard position. He is a speedy and tough competitor.

2006-07:Appeared in 15 games and played a total of 49 minutes. Played a season-high 13 minutes in the win vs. Mississippi Valley State on Nov. 28, hitting two free throws and grabbing a rebound. Scored a season-best three points and had an assist and a steal in four minutes vs. Bethune-Cookman on Dec. 14 Had two points and two assists and played nine minutes in the win at Oregon State on Jan. 6. Scored in five of the first eight games in which he appeared. Scored a point in USC's 77-60 win vs. Arkansas in the first round of the NCAA tournament, making one of two free throws.

HIGH SCHOOL:Played three years of varsity basketball at Sir Winston Churchill High in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Was the starting point guard and was team MVP his senior season. Was awarded the Sir Winston Churchill Athlete of the Year his senior season. Earned a Calgary A Channel Player of the Month Award during his senior season. Averaged 30 points and eight assists a game. Helped lead his Junior Trojans club team to the provincial championship three years in a row, earning team MVP honors each year (2004-06)

PERSONAL:Wetherell was born on Feb. 12, 1988. Is an undeclared major at USC. Lists Michael Jordan as his biggest sports hero for his style of play, work ethic and for being the best to play the game. Lists his favorite movie as "Wedding Crashers."

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/62864<profile
    <video

Your stats for CT are wrong. he was the starting point guard for UNF since his freshman year...i am sure that would mean he played in more that 28 games. and i know he holds the school record for number of steals (i believe). I am sure it is more than 29...he might have 29 for only 1 season. You should look into it. im sure its not your fault, you just got the information on a website that was not updated.

And now i am curious to know how many other posts on here have the wrong information????
    It is best to get the stats directly from the school itself i think. that way its more accurate.

Default High school

Any scoop on High Schoolers who are planning to go pro right away?

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    That might even impress Barrack Obama!
    Uh, did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Czarkazem13
    Uh, did I miss something?
    If you're asking that question, you probably did.

The twins Tabet (207-F-87) are in lebanon now and they might sign officialy soon with a local Club.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    If you're asking that question, you probably did.
    Well ok then...

Default Spencer Soo of UCLA Bruins

It seems like he is part Asian. Maybe Chinese. Anyone knows about him? Please inform me!

http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu/news/...q-spencer-soo/

DB:So, you can dunk on a regular hoop, too, right?

SS: Yeah. The only one I haven’t done on a regular hoop is the windmill. I’ve done the windmill in Wooden about four times. But still, 5-7.5 guy. Asian! Give me some credit, right? Half Chinese, half white. My dad is 5-8, and my mom is about 5-4. For some reason, though, I have huge hands and feet. I wear a size 13 shoe. I wore a size 12 in seventh grade. I think that gives me a good base to plant off when I go up for a dunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

I've seen this guy's videos on youtube, I didn't know he was a serious basketball player though.

Default Derrick Low, not "Asian"

Quote Originally Posted by Phantim3dx
    wow 650 was the cut off for math and reading comp. my math was the only one that was above 650, and im a native english speaker!

btw whats with china having derrick low?
    Aloha Everyone,

I came across the posting regarding Derrick Low, who just finished up playing at Washington State, and just thought I'd comment. We've been here in Hawaii for awhile now and watched Derrick progress through junior high and high school, and he's considered probably the best, or at least the most successful local basketball player ever to come out of Hawaii. As far as we know though, his Dad is a regular local guy of mixed ethnic heritage and even though the name may be Chinese, I don't know how much of that is actually in his background, which is pretty common here, so don't think anyone here would consider Derrick an "Asian" athlete.
    Probably more Asian than Derrick would be his high school teammate, Bobby Nash, who's Mom is full Filipina, and his Dad is Bob Nash, ex-NBA player and is now the head coach at the University of Hawaii. Bobby Nash was on scholarship and played a lot of minutes at D1 Univ of Hawaii, and by the way, is now playing professionally in Japan in their BJ League, for the expansion team Shiga Lakestars, as is Theo Fujita who was at UH Hilo last year, but is now playing for the Hamamatsu Phoenix there. Here's the BJ League website, if anyone's interested. http://www.bj-league.com/html/en/index.html

Sayonara for now

Quote Originally Posted by Tepelu
    Aloha Everyone,

I came across the posting regarding Derrick Low, who just finished up playing at Washington State, and just thought I'd comment. We've been here in Hawaii for awhile now and watched Derrick progress through junior high and high school, and he's considered probably the best, or at least the most successful local basketball player ever to come out of Hawaii. As far as we know though, his Dad is a regular local guy of mixed ethnic heritage and even though the name may be Chinese, I don't know how much of that is actually in his background, which is pretty common here, so don't think anyone here would consider Derrick an "Asian" athlete.
    Probably more Asian than Derrick would be his high school teammate, Bobby Nash, who's Mom is full Filipina, and his Dad is Bob Nash, ex-NBA player and is now the head coach at the University of Hawaii. Bobby Nash was on scholarship and played a lot of minutes at D1 Univ of Hawaii, and by the way, is now playing professionally in Japan in their BJ League, for the expansion team Shiga Lakestars, as is Theo Fujita who was at UH Hilo last year, but is now playing for the Hamamatsu Phoenix there. Here's the BJ League website, if anyone's interested. http://www.bj-league.com/html/en/index.html

Sayonara for now
    Try to contact Chinese forumers here like FEIFEI and KING ....they can answer your question...

Quote Originally Posted by Tepelu
    Aloha Everyone,

Sayonara for now
    where did you get the information that Bobby Nash's mother is Filipina??
    ..Impossible is nothing, Just Do It!..
    ..you're bringing the name in front of your jersey, not the one at the back..

I read somewhere that Derrick Low is 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Hawaiian, 1/4 Spanish and 1/4 Portuguese. I agree that he's not "Chinese", it's just some lame wishful thinking. Although he does look more Asian, if only a little, than 99% of the NCAA players (also the better ones).
    aim low, score high

Default Spencer Soo Dunks in Pauley

That kid is my hero....I gotta make it out there to see him on the court.

how tall is this guy?

Default How about this guy here?

http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/...thoopadv65089/

Cosmo Morabbi , Persian-Japanese with a more popular brother in Japan:

http://www.asia-basket.com/player.as...PlayerID=69642
    http://www.nylamagazine.com/art7.html

I bet Cosmo is doing the Carlton-Banks-dance (Check out "The Fresh Prince") after each scored basket
    http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=jKlxjbhB9HE

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Ji Xiang #12 F
    2008-09 STATS
    PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG
    0.5 0.3 .000 0.8 0 0
    Birth Place Zhengzhou, China
    Height 6-10
    Weight 240 lbs.
    Position F
    Experience 1 year
    Class Freshman

this is a chinese guy who recently playing for the university hawaii warriors,same school that jared dillinger played college ball as well as bobby nash.. another chinese big guy.. china have a bunch of big guys...
    ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast