Italian NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
    ress out for personal reasons,while aradori in according with simone out to improve his game during this summer...

the final rooster will consist of 12 or 14 players?
    Aradori is considered behind Belinelli, Carraretto and Mordente for the SG spot by Pianigiani so this exclusion makes sense... even if there's no other offensive guards apart Belinelli (Gentile and Aradori are both out).

The final roster should be back to 12 players.

Comment

• PG position thinner then ever :-/
      what is going on with Hackett?
      "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Picek View Post
        PG position thinner then ever :-/
        what is going on with Hackett?
        PG position is our main problem... since Pozzecco i'd say... we have some youngsters with potential but they have way to go before being considered NT senior material...

Among the PGs in this roster i like Cinciarini who's maybe the best pure PG and he's rising even if he's not that young...

Hackett is seen more as a combo guard and i doubt he'll see many minutes as PG... in Scavolini Pesaro he played SG and SF with great results and i think Pianigiani considers him a swingman rather than a point guard. We'll see if Daniel makes the final roster and how he's used.

Comment

• Winning 1 game would already exceed my expectations.

Comment

• WTF, Mordente's still there.

Michelori would have been a very good option as a backup C, too bad he quit NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyd20 View Post
              WTF, Mordente's still there.

Michelori would have been a very good option as a backup C, too bad he quit NT.
              Well, Mordente is the captain so there's no surprise to see him in the preliminary roster... and i fear he'll end up playing in the Euro Champs too.

Regarding Michelori, i agree with you. And also Ress would have been decent as the last big man of the NT...

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxicity View Post
                Well, Mordente is the captain so there's no surprise to see him in the preliminary roster... and i fear he'll end up playing in the Euro Champs too.

Regarding Michelori, i agree with you. And also Ress would have been decent as the last big man of the NT...
                Yes, definitely. Ress had a very good season, he would have been a good option off the bench.

I'm also a bit disappointed about Aradori. I liked the way he played this season, as a backup guard he could've been useful and I think he's better than Cavaliero and Mordente (I respect him but he really slipped over the last two seasons, hope I'm wrong but I think he's no more NT stuff).

In the end, I think we miss three good players (Ress, Michelori, Aradori...is it a case they all are from Siena?) and we're in a mess for the PG spot, since Maestranzi is off a bad season and was injured and the others are not so good indeed. I'm quite pessimistic, we lack depth but we have talent here and there. Cross my fingers for a good showing by our NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyd20 View Post
                  Yes, definitely. Ress had a very good season, he would have been a good option off the bench.

I'm also a bit disappointed about Aradori. I liked the way he played this season, as a backup guard he could've been useful and I think he's better than Cavaliero and Mordente (I respect him but he really slipped over the last two seasons, hope I'm wrong but I think he's no more NT stuff).

In the end, I think we miss three good players (Ress, Michelori, Aradori...is it a case they all are from Siena?) and we're in a mess for the PG spot, since Maestranzi is off a bad season and was injured and the others are not so good indeed. I'm quite pessimistic, we lack depth but we have talent here and there. Cross my fingers for a good showing by our NT.
                  Pianigiani said Aradori plays in a deep spot (SG) so there wouldn't be minutes for him behind Belinelli, Carraretto and Mordente (and maybe Hackett)... i respect Simone but i doubt Aradori is worse than this Mordente. And also Carraretto, already 34 y-old, is not that good... but they have both more high level experience than Pietro so the choice is understandable. Also Alessandro Gentile could have been helpful for this team but he will play the European Championships for U20.

Regarding Michelori, unfortunately he quitted with the NT a couple of years ago. He would have been a great fit with Bargnani as hustling center.

Comment

• about playmaker i think that andrea cinciarini could be the surprise,i hope that pianigiani give him confidence in the exibition,for me he's the best play actualli of our team....

waht do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
                      about playmaker i think that andrea cinciarini could be the surprise,i hope that pianigiani give him confidence in the exibition,for me he's the best play actualli of our team....

waht do you think?
                      I like him, i think he's one of the most complete PG we have in Italy. But he's not that great of a shooter (especially from 3) so i don't know if he can work with 3 NBA players.

Maestranzi is the worst on difense but he can score from deep easily and play the pick 'n roll with Bargnani: i think Pianigiani likes him a lot for the starting spot.

Hackett would be ideal given his age and size but he's not a true PG and hasn't outside shot.

Giachetti last year did pretty well as backup. If he's healthy he'll probably be in...

Vitali, Cavaliero and Poeta... i don't consider them as legitimate options (Poeta can be useful at times but that's all).

Comment

I like him, i think he's one of the most complete PG we have in Italy. But he's not that great of a shooter (especially from 3) so i don't know if he can work with 3 NBA players.

Maestranzi is the worst on difense but he can score from deep easily and play the pick 'n roll with Bargnani: i think Pianigiani likes him a lot for the starting spot.

Hackett would be ideal given his age and size but he's not a true PG and hasn't outside shot.

Giachetti last year did pretty well as backup. If he's healthy he'll probably be in...

Vitali, Cavaliero and Poeta... i don't consider them as legitimate options (Poeta can be useful at times but that's all).
                        cinciarini isn't a great shooter,it's true,but he's a best assistman respect maestranzi IMHO and in defense is not bad...

considering hackett like a guard i think that him,poeta and vitali are the playmaker with more talent,but poeta have great phisicall limits and pianigiani dont see him very well,while vitali has more talent of poeta and cinciarini like playmaker but he's a bad defender without forgot his strange head...

Comment

• I would play Belinelli as PG.

Comment

• The best point guard Italy has, even if he is still a teenager, is Gentile. The others are quite average.

I wish he would have got picked for the National team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                              The best point guard Italy has, even if he is still a teenager, is Gentile. The others are quite average.

I wish he would have got picked for the National team.
                              What... you're a little bit confused man. Alessandro Gentile (great talent that probably deserved a spot in the roster) is a SG/SF and never played point guard in his career...

I think at this point, even if hasn't international experience yet, the best PG in the italian roster is new Cantù acquisition Andrea Cinciarini. But i don't know if Pianigiani trusts in him 100%. Moreover the starting PG will likely be Antonio Maestranzi who was also the starting 1 for italian nt the past summer...

Comment

What... you're a little bit confused man. Alessandro Gentile (great talent that probably deserved a spot in the roster) is a SG/SF and never played point guard in his career...

I think at this point, even if hasn't international experience yet, the best PG in the italian roster is new Cantù acquisition Andrea Cinciarini. But i don't know if Pianigiani trusts in him 100%. Moreover the starting PG will likely be Antonio Maestranzi who was also the starting 1 for italian nt the past summer...

Do you think Dan Hackett will see time at PG?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information