Italian NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sagenas View Post
    You did. When you say that someone is ahead of someone it's like you compare or just write other people's comparison of him that he is better/worse/equal to someone and etc.
    Well, i just said he was selected ahead of Motiejunas (despite being 2 years younger and playing another spot) as the Best U22 of the Italian League... but i also pointed out the fact that the lithuanian deserved more that award in my opinion.

Comment

• I agree with Toxicity, it wouldn't be unprecedented if Motiejunas would win the award, however we don't know the cause for giving the award to Gentile. Maybe they were simply looking for an Italian player, to create a feeling there is enough young prospects in Italy nowadays. This awards are for me a bit overrated both in the States and here in Europe and serve only as a prestigious indicator of some quality, but rarely tell the whole story...

Since you are talking about Motiejunas and since today is the draft lottery day, I have to post this article (posted today on nba.com by Aldridge) regarding his abilities and flaws, which changed my perspective about him a bit, to be honest. I guess it's on topic now, since almost the whole page is about him, but splitting the topic in a new one just about Motiejunas would be appropriate, I guess.

As he has matured physically, Motiejunas' game has changed from a perimeter-based offense to include more of a low-post game, though he is by no means a finished product inside. He can score, especially on the wings, and displays point-forward skills as a passer; one personnel man compared him with former Clippers forward Danny Manning (though another personnel guy strongly disagreed with that notion). But scouts remain concerned about several aspects of his game.

"He doesn't really love basketball," a Central Division executive says. "He doesn't seem to appear to like to do anything that's even a little difficult. That scares you a little bit. The only thing he gets an excellent on is offensive rebounding and putbacks, and that's because he's doing it against midgets."

Said an Atlantic Division exec: "Right now, it's not even close. Vesely is a player and Motiejunas is an unknown. I've seen him play too many times when he would get two rebounds, three rebounds. He's projected in all these mocks to go top 10. I don't think so. I think he lacks passion for the game. He looks like he's got short arms. That might be a factor.

"He gets pushed under (the basket) a lot and then he reaches up. Guys are going up over him to get rebounds. He lacks fire, lacks emotion. Always has the same demeanor on the court. If you're 7 feet tall and you have any hope of coming over here you have to be, routinely, getting 10, 11 boards ... I can't get excited about him."

Link: http://www.nba.com/2011/news/feature...rds/index.html

Comment

• Italy always has talented players, I think, but they lack feel for the game

What about Motiejūnas, we should move this talks to http://forums.interbasket.net/f4/mot...g-9131/p7.html
        I'm on twitter

Comment

Italy always has talented players, I think, but they lack feel for the game
          I don't agree since for me talent is related to the feeling for the game... and Italy used to lack talent compared to east europe teams like Serbia, Lithuania, etc... we usually don't lack heart tough.

Comment

• Today Dino Meneghin said there's no enough time to give Travis Diener (his wife has italian origins but has still to have the italian passport) or Matt Barnes (his mother had italian parents) an italian passport for this year so we'll talk about that in 2012 or 2013... maybe it will be too late.

The others can have the Ibakas, the Cooks, the McCalebbs... we have to be satisfied with Maestranzi or Viggiano...

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxicity View Post
              The others can have the Ibakas, the Cooks, the McCalebbs... we have to be satisfied with Maestranzi or Viggiano...
              Well you guys are with the rule, not with the exception, I guess that's a good thing anyway.
              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
              Artificial Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                Well you guys are with the rule, not with the exception, I guess that's a good thing anyway.
                Yeah, but i was referring to the value of the players involved...

Comment

Yeah, but i was referring to the value of the players involved...
                  I know, I know... The exception ends up being more beneficial than the rule. That's how basketball today is twisted regarding this matter
                  Last edited by rikhardur; 05-28-2011, 08:59 PM.
                  Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

I don't agree since for me talent is related to the feeling for the game... and Italy used to lack talent compared to east europe teams like Serbia, Lithuania, etc... we usually don't lack heart tough.
                    But I just can't believe how in so strong league like Italian you produce only few talents. Too much foreigners I guess.. But Italian teams like Lithuanians and that's good though
                    I'm on twitter

Comment

But I just can't believe how in so strong league like Italian you produce only few talents. Too much foreigners I guess.. But Italian teams like Lithuanians and that's good though
                      Good italians cost more than same-value ones from US or East Europe... that's why many teams prefer the latters.

And not many coaches have patience with our youngers, so in the end they are buried on bench or go on loan at lower level (ex: Legadue or 3rd league)... it's hard to find the new Gentile or Melli in this situation.

Lithuanian guys are always competitive as players (btw they're much more mature than italians @ same age) and don't cost much, that's why italian league likes them...

Comment

• Who will Coach Piangiani choose for his frontcourt in addition to Bargnani. It looks like there are not a lot of players who have had great seasons and with NT experience?

I am assuming Crosariol and Ress will make it and Galllo will realistically play PF?
                        Last edited by Dizz; 06-14-2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dizz View Post
                          Who will Coach Piangiani choose for his frontcourt in addition to Bargnani. It looks like there are not a lot of players who have had great seasons and with NT experience?

I am assuming Crosariol will make it and Galllo could realistically play PF? So who else....
                          Gigli has Euroleague and NT experience... if he's healthy (i'm not sure since he lost almost all the season) he'll be probably the starter.

Cusin has no international experience but he's still our best athlete in the front court and he's 6-11 tall... he'll compete against Crosariol for the backup center spot.

Then we have Tomas Ress (great Euroleague experience) who can give a lot in few minutes like he does in Siena... as PF or C.

In the end both Gallinari and Mancinelli can play the PF spot in Europe with Bargnani playing the 5 position for the majority of minutes...

Comment

• Pianigiani tomorrow will issue the 18 squad...i think that they'll be:

maestranzi-hackett-poeta-cinciarini-giacchetti
                            belinelli-aradori-mordente-carraretto
                            gallinari-datome
                            bargnani-mancinelli-gigli-ress
                            crosariol-cusin-renzi

Comment

• 1. Bargnani Andrea (85, 213, A/C, Toronto Raptors)
                              2. Belinelli Marco (86, 196, G, New Orleans Hornets)
                              3. Carraretto Marco (77, 197, G, Montepaschi Siena)
                              4. Cavaliero Daniele (84, 188, G, Fabi Shoes Montegranaro)
                              5. Cinciarini Andrea (86, 192, P, Fabi Shoes Montegranaro)
                              6. Crosariol Andrea (84, 210, C, Lottomatica Roma)
                              7. Cusin Marco (85, 211, C, Scavolini Siviglia Pesaro)
                              8. Datome Luigi (87, 203, A, Lottomatica Roma)
                              9. Gallinari Danilo (88, 208, A, Denver Nuggets)
                              10. Giachetti Jacopo (83, 192, P, Lottomatica Roma)
                              11. Gigli Angelo (83, 209, A/C, Lottomatica Roma)
                              12. Hackett Daniel (87, 200, G, Scavolini Siviglia Pesaro)
                              13. Maestranzi Antonio (84, 178, P, Fabi Shoes Montegranaro)
                              14. Mancinelli Stefano (83, 203, A, Armani Jeans Milano)
                              15. Mordente Marco (79, 190, G, Armani Jeans Milano)
                              16. Poeta Giuseppe (85, 192, P, Canadian Solar Virtus Bologna)
                              17. Renzi Andrea (89, 207, A/C, Tezenis Verona)
                              18. Vitali Luca (86, 201, P, Lottomatica Roma
                              I'm surprised: Ress and especially Aradori are not in the roster...

Comment

I'm surprised: Ress and especially Aradori are not in the roster...
                                ress out for personal reasons,while aradori in according with simone out to improve his game during this summer...

the final rooster will consist of 12 or 14 players?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information