Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Italian NT

Daniel Hackett - Antonio Maestranzi - Andrea Cinciarini
    Marco Belinelli - Marco Mordente
    Danilo Gallinari - Luigi Datome - Marco Carraretto
    Stefano Mancinelli - Andrea Renzi
    Andrea Bargnani - Marco Cusin

4 Marcos, 3 Andreas + 1 Daniel & Danilo, not much fantasy uh...

This is who we are, expect the big three to play at least 30 minutes per game and let's hope Bargnani doesn't get in foul trouble, or we'll have to rely on Cusin and Renzi...
    We're gonna miss Crosariol's size and intimidation down low, we could have had Aradori or even Gentile as backup SG instead of Mordente, who's way past his prime and I don't think can give much help.
    Last edited by boyd20; 08-28-2011 at 01:05 AM.

I agree with you, why not bring Gentile? He could get some vital experience with the big boys, which could launch him for the future.

Bargnani has to stay out of foul trouble, no 2 ways about it.

I think Hackett could be the mister x[no not Galliani's mister x] for this roster. If he has a big tourney and can play multiple postions, Italia can really think about the top 6 or higher.

That is, if the Big 3 plus Manc play up to their expected standards

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    I agree with you, why not bring Gentile? He could get some vital experience with the big boys, which could launch him for the future.

Bargnani has to stay out of foul trouble, no 2 ways about it.

I think Hackett could be the mister x[no not Galliani's mister x] for this roster. If he has a big tourney and can play multiple postions, Italia can really think about the top 6 or higher.

That is, if the Big 3 plus Manc play up to their expected standards
    carraetto for 10 minutes is better than gentile IMO actually,carraretto has more experience than gentile,better in defense than gentile ...

in this rooster gentile must be a member of supporting cast,not the ideal for him,so like mebmer of supproting cast is better carraretto IMO...

our rooster is just official:

hackett-maetsranzi-cinciarini
    belinelli-carraretto-mordente
    gallinari-datome
    mancinelli
    bargnani-cusin-renzi

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    carraetto for 10 minutes is better than gentile IMO actually,carraretto has more experience than gentile,better in defense than gentile ...

in this rooster gentile must be a member of supporting cast,not the ideal for him,so like mebmer of supproting cast is better carraretto IMO...

our rooster is just official:

hackett-maetsranzi-cinciarini
    belinelli-carraretto-mordente
    gallinari-datome
    mancinelli
    bargnani-cusin-renzi
    I didn't see Carraretto very well in these friendlies... he was launching bricks wide open and defended very bad for his standard. I hope he's fine for the start of EC or that 10 minutes of play will cost us much...

Also i don't trust in Mordente very much (another old guard without speed or 3p accuracy)... maybe Gentile is too young but a guy like Aradori (deadly 3p shooter and good rebounder) would have been much more useful as backup SG imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicity View Post
    I didn't see Carraretto very well in these friendlies... he was launching bricks wide open and defended very bad for his standard. I hope he's fine for the start of EC or that 10 minutes of play will cost us much...

Also i don't trust in Mordente very much (another old guard without speed or 3p accuracy)... maybe Gentile is too young but a guy like Aradori (deadly 3p shooter and good rebounder) would have been much more useful as backup SG imo.
    Definitely, I didn't understand why Pianigiani chose to leave him at home.
    We really need more scoring options besides the big three, Aradori imo is the only one who could have brought some instant offense, potentially he can score plenty of points in a few minutes.
    I'm afraid we will struggle in getting buckets by the other players, unless Mancinelli will be particularly effective in the low post, as this would also create space for open shots. Maybe also Datome could help us offensively, but he's streaky and I didn't see him very accurate in these friendlies. Plus, he's in a position in which he may not get a lot of minutes.

Anyway, I'm afraid that rebounds and low-post defense will be our biggest issues, even more than finding other finishers.

With this team, Italia def needs to spread the floor . Lack of post play is noticable, unless Manc can be that guy. I still thnk why not have Gentile and Aradori on this roster. They will be important for the future, and are really good now. Mordente and Carraretto don't add much in this tourney, I am sorry. In Serie A, maybe, but not in Eurobasket

Default Gallinari playmaker

I have red an article how overcome the problem of lack of a good playmaker: let Gallinari play in that position! In your opinion it could be a practicable idea ?

I've really said that for too many times now, english please
    JPF
    Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 08-29-2011 at 11:20 AM.

With this team, Italia def needs to spread the floor . Lack of post play is noticable, unless Manc can be that guy. I still thnk why not have Gentile and Aradori on this roster. They will be important for the future, and are really good now. Mordente and Carraretto don't add much in this tourney, I am sorry. In Serie A, maybe, but not in Eurobasket
    I'd agree, though this means we will always have to be accurate and consistent from the arc to win games, but all of our shooters are very streaky.

I'm still convinced that Mancinelli is the key with his point forward and post play skills. If he gets in rhythm we'll be dangerous.

gallo and mago can play low post in europe...

homever i have good feeling for the next EC...

Italy is the most underated team of Lithuania 2011.Italy has very good players who may be counted as the '' top '' players of their positions in Europe like Bargnani,Gallinari and Bellinelli.Italy can do suprise to Europe.The main prpblem is that good Nba players is not good at defence and there are many unkonown things from another players about their offensive helpings.Italy is always dangerous team.Thare many reasons to afraid of Italy.Especialy Italian NBA players...

Quote Originally Posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
    Italy is the most underated team of Lithuania 2011.Italy has very good players who may be counted as the '' top '' players of their positions in Europe like Bargnani,Gallinari and Bellinelli.Italy can do suprise to Europe.The main prpblem is that good Nba players is not good at defence and there are many unkonown things from another players about their offensive helpings.Italy is always dangerous team.Thare many reasons to afraid of Italy.Especialy Italian NBA players...
    I just wrote on Italy-Serbia thread how Italy is most overrated team on Eurobasket... Anyway, I think you're wrong. If Bellineli, Bargnani or Galinarri weren't Italians, they would see NBA only on TV...
    Fresh and interesting news from basketball world

what??????? Put the crack pipe down

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Owner View Post
    I just wrote on Italy-Serbia thread how Italy is most overrated team on Eurobasket... Anyway, I think you're wrong. If Bellineli, Bargnani or Galinarri weren't Italians, they would see NBA only on TV...
    Do the Italians control the NBA somehow?

what do you think about this roster for the next summer:

poeta-cinciarini-de nicolao
    belinelli-hackett-aradori
    gallinari-mancinelli-datome-gentile
    bargnani-gigli-melli
    cusin-crosariol-cuccarolo(chiotti)

i hope that pianigiani use bargnani in his real role of power forward..

gallinari in online interview for italian newspaper declared that next summer will play with NT...

now we attend belinelli and bargnani...

Italian experimental NT roster of 16 players has been presented today:

Amici Alessandro (91, 200, A, Brandini Firenze)
    Cervi Riccardo (91, 212, C, Trenkwalder Reggio Emilia)
    Chessa Massimo (88, 188, G, Angelico Biella)
    Cournooh David (90, 189, G, Aget Service Imola)
    Cuccarolo Gino (87, 219, C, Benetton Treviso)
    D’Ercole Lorenzo (88, 190, G, Vanoli Braga Cremona)
    De Nicolao Andrea (91, 185, G, Benetton Treviso)
    Ferrero Giancarlo (88, 195, A, Conad Bologna)
    Ganeto Gabriele (87, 200, A, Cimberio Varese)
    Magro Daniele (87, 208, C, Umana Venezia)
    Mazzola Valerio (88, 204, C, Fabi Shoes Montegranaro)
    Moraschini Riccardo (91, 203, G, Canadian Solar Bologna)
    Polonara Achille (91, 203, A, Banca Tercas Teramo)
    Portannese Marco (89, 192, G, PMS Torino)
    Renzi Andrea (89, 209, C, Tezenis Verona)
    Santiangeli Marco (91, 192, A, Fileni Bpa Jesi)

Players age ranges between 1987 and 1991.
    Nicolò Melli (1991, 2011 U20) and Daniel Hackett (1987, 2011 NT trials invitee) are not in the roster.
    This experimental NT will play Greece in Athens June 19 and 20, then France in Pau (June 27) and in Boulzac (28).

http://www.fip.it/News.asp?IDNews=4719

bargnani,belinelli and gentile won't play this summer with NT...

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    bargnani,belinelli and gentile won't play this summer with NT...
    According to this Belinelli is uncertain to play.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    According to this Belinelli is uncertain to play.
    yes,but probably there won't be...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast