Qatar National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cool_Enz
    I believe you are referring to guard Saad Abdulrahman Ali. Yup there are reports that he came from Canada and can speak fluent English too. BTW, who are the Jordanian players in Qatar? After losing to Qatar at the last Asian Games, Jordan NT Coach Mario Palma complained that these Jordanians should've played for him and not against his team. And by the way who's the Egyptian player on the Qatar roster?
    A lot of the team speaks English. The two Jordanians are brothers Mohamed and Malik. I believe they were born in Qatar and were naturalized, so of course they will play for Qatar and not Jordan. The Egyptian guy is either Mohamed Salahedin or Hamam Ismail, one of them...Perhaps both who knows.
    "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Original Names and Arab Names

I would like to ask..

1.) What will be the new name of Jabari Smith if ever he will be naturalized by Qatar?

2.) What are the original names of the 12 players in the Qatar NT before they were naturalized?
      It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
      I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
        I would like to ask..

1.) What will be the new name of Jabari Smith if ever he will be naturalized by Qatar?
        Ali Ali
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

they should really change the title of this thread to "Qatar Naturalized Team" or how about "Qatar/African National Team". ahhh...i think the best one would be "Qatafrican National Team".

Comment

they should really change the title of this thread to "Qatar Naturalized Team" or how about "Qatar/African National Team". ahhh...i think the best one would be "Qatafrican National Team".

Comment

Originally posted by bobo81
              A lot of the team speaks English. The two Jordanians are brothers Mohamed and Malik. I believe they were born in Qatar and were naturalized, so of course they will play for Qatar and not Jordan. The Egyptian guy is either Mohamed Salahedin or Hamam Ismail, one of them...Perhaps both who knows.
              Thanks for the infos.. Speaking of naturalized players, Qatar isn't only doing this in basketball but in other sports as well.

Comment

why are you calling them qatari africans or qatari naturalized team there shouldnt be the word qatar in it since their team is not 1% qatari.......i would call them ....The Global Team since their players are from all around the world(Jordan,Africa,Canada.....)they get players from everywhere except from qatar

Comment

I would like to ask..

2.) What are the original names of the 12 players in the Qatar NT before they were naturalized?
                  1) Lord knows...I havnt heard anything about him yet...I don't even know if he is really on the team.

2) Seriously, no one knows except the players themselves.
                  "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Originally posted by regierr
                    I am not picking on you, but I just wanna make a point - AGAIN. People keep bashing Qatar because of the naturalization. Get over it! Whining and crying is not gonna help if Qatar beats your team. Dont you know this is the same team which has been Qatar for years now? If you lose its your team's problem, not Qatar.

Secondly, and I know Karim will disagree with me and his logic is not correct, but here it is: these players are not all stars. I dont care if they are africans and their genes are athletic- that is the most stupid thing I have ever heard in my life! Qatar didnt naturalize great players like Jordan did with Rasheim. These players were horrible, and some never picked up a ball until someone saw their height. These guys trained very hard and look at them now. Now the best team, but still a lot of improvement.

You have no more excuses...get over it. I don't wanna hear "Qatar won because..." or "Qatar wins because of their naturalized players..." These are the most retarded excuses ever! These players are not even that great.

BTW, while I am on this subject I am changing my flag in the profile since everyone thinks I am Qatari I am only living here. I dont care too much for the team, but it is nice to see guys like them make big achievements considering who they are and where they came from.

Peace

Comment

Wow I just wrote a long post and it isnt showing here....

Anyways I changed my flag since everyone thinks I am Qatari.

Comment

Originally posted by Cool_Enz
                        Thanks for the infos.. Speaking of naturalized players, Qatar isn't only doing this in basketball but in other sports as well.
                        They have no choice.

Qatar has a population of like what, 700, 000 ?? And of this only ...listen and laugh..only 25,000 are Qatari!!!!!! LOL 25, 000!!!

So of course there aren't many Qatari atheletes. They cant help it guys. Bahrain has more people than here for God's sake. They are trying to change this in the sports, but it will take time. Every single country would probably be the same with the under shortage of nationals.

Comment

I don't even like the way they're team is plays, they play too dirty and rudely. I remember when one of them elbowed a South Korean Player last Asian Games. Plus I don't like the way their football team plays too
                          GILAS WISHLIST:
                          6'8 Pingris

Comment

how about Saudi? Iraq? Kuwait? UAE? these oil-rich countries, why don't they naturalize the way Qatar does?
                            It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                            I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

how about Saudi? Iraq? Kuwait? UAE? these oil-rich countries, why don't they naturalize the way Qatar does?
                              In 2004, the country had a total population of approximately 744,000, of whom approximately 200,000 were believed to be citizens.[2] Of the citizen population, Shi'a Muslims account for approximately 10 percent and Sunni Muslims comprise the remaining 90 percent. The majority of the estimated 544,000 non-citizens are individuals from South and South East Asian and Arab countries working on temporary employment contracts along with their accompanying family members.

source:
                              SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

well KSA is very a respectful country they dont give their nationality to anyone whereas qatar would give one to my dog if he went there no affense !! + the other gulf teams are not bad like KSA and UAE where they rank 8th-10th during asian championship but qatar has nthng to start with in all of the sports if they dont naturalize they would be ranked 210/210 globally in all the sports i mean for gods sake they dont even have 1 qatari player in all the sports , not 1 , is that so hard to find in 25,000 people ? the population is really not an excuse ...the islands in the US r very small like the Virgin Islands and Domican Repulblic and they can beat any asian team........and lebanon are less than 4M and they are beating all the asian teams in the asian chamoionship and even competing with China and beating some WBC team like France,Venezuala and Canada........now thats an achievement being a small population and beating large population countries without naturalizing......u cant be happy for naturalizing 12 africans and canadians and let them beat smaller sized teams from asia thats not an achievemrnt cuz its illegal and asia is not that strong atleast if their gonna break the law let them beat a WBC team.......

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information