No announcement yet.

Qatar National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already posted this in another forum. I have this info from my old website, but this is accurate information (new site not yet up but i'm finishing it):

Note: Just to clarify, it was a blow-out between RP and Latvia in 2002. It was close but only during the 1st half. In the end, RP lost steam. The only close ballgame was when RP beat Ukraine. Here are some info from my site:

Philippine Selecta-RP Team RP-Euro Challenge 2002

Venue: Italy
    Philippines Record: 1-3

» Game by Game results (August 20-September 23 2002) «

Nation Score Half W-L
    Italy NT 56-99 (24-55) L
    Latvia NT 54-79 (38-45) L
    Italy NT 59-93 (33-30) L
    Ukraine NT 100-98 (49-33) W

Champions: Latvia
    2nd: Italy
    3rd: Philippines
    sigpic
    PILIPINASBASKETBALL | THE11thROCK | TERABLITZ
    | PINOYSEARCH | PHILIPPINEBASKETBALLNEWSTEAM
    Support Team Pilipinas! Contribute your ideas and opinions to the Philippine Basketball scene. Currently looking for Volunteer Writers, Contributors, News Posters, Moderators and Filipino hoops fanatics.

Comment

yeah sorry my fault. i thought it was latvia that RP team beat but it was Ukraine indeed. That game was one of the best by 2002 RP team together with their victory over Japan and loss with Korea. I hope we play in the ASIAD 06...
      RaP

Comment

Some say Qatar has American players, and just changed their names to Arabic names. Can anyone confirm this, who are they, and what they previous names are?
        aim low, score high

Comment

Jabari Smith allies Qatar

NBA Stats
          Last edited by Kings; 06-21-2007, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball
            Some say Qatar has American players, and just changed their names to Arabic names. Can anyone confirm this, who are they, and what they previous names are?
            Yes qatar is all naturalized but they change their names cuz it is illegal to naturalize more than 1 player ...they have 3 jordanians and the rest are americans and africans ...i think they have only 1 qatari player who doesnt even play .....looks like a very strong team

Comment

No they dont have any American players, except Jabari Smith who we have not seen nor heard from yet. Khalid Musoud Al-Naser is the only Qatari on the team. Yaseen Ismail is also Qatari, but his parents are from Somalia. The rest are from Africa, plus the two Jordanian brothers.

While many of these players aren't Qatari, they have lived and grew up in Qatar. It is not like they just went to Africa and pulled them out. They have been in Qatar living and studying, developed their skills in the country so its past time to start complaining.
              "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

yaaa i should go and complete my uni in Qatar , it will make me qatari ..........hahaha wat a joke :P !!! u seem like a smart guy bobo

Comment

Originally posted by bobo81
                  They have been in Qatar living and studying, developed their skills in the country so its past time to start complaining.
                  how about the bonzi wells look alike? he's canadian right? straight from Canada to Qatar. is he naturalized too?
                  You've got to have it to win it

Comment

yes my friend is a jordanian writer for bball magazines he told me their all not qatari except for the short guy who doesnt play.......about the bonzi wells look like i thought he was bonzi wells wen i 1st saw him 2 years ago i think he told me hes either canadian or american

Comment

Haha @ Bonzi Wells look-a-like I believe he is Canadian-Sudanese, but I could be wrong. He, along with others, have grew up in Qatar and were handed dual passports. He has played on the junior team as well, not sure who else has. I dont even know if he speaks Arabic, but his English is perfect lol
                      "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

i doubt any1 in qatar team speaks arabic

Comment

QATAR'S AWARD:

Best naturalizers
                          Best imports in fiba-asia(though no import is allowed...hehe)
                          LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

How about syria, they fielded in 3 brazilian nationals and made them a naturalized citizen of their country and played for Al Jalaa ballclub w/c placed 2nd behind saba battery of iran at the recently concluded fiba asian basketball club championship. Are those 3 players from brazil part of syrian national team?

Comment

ya i think 2 of these players(andre shoueiri and eduardo farhat) are lebanese/syrian/brazilian and the center is brazilian/syrian so its legal , not like qatars case

Comment

Originally posted by bognut
                                how about the bonzi wells look alike? he's canadian right? straight from Canada to Qatar. is he naturalized too?
                                I believe you are referring to guard Saad Abdulrahman Ali. Yup there are reports that he came from Canada and can speak fluent English too. BTW, who are the Jordanian players in Qatar? After losing to Qatar at the last Asian Games, Jordan NT Coach Mario Palma complained that these Jordanians should've played for him and not against his team. And by the way who's the Egyptian player on the Qatar roster?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information