Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Results 1,501 to 1,518 of 1518

Thread: Lithuanian talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Ehodas is balling a little bit. It's so nice that Rytas grabbed him, a bit more of balance between Rytas and Zalgiris. Once he will get a bit more experienced and tougher, watch out. The way he's developing, he might be a force as soon as next season, Rytas might very well get a nice buy-out as well. I don't want to over hype him, but he seems like border-line NBA prospect to me. I have little doubt he'll be EL level big.
    The only thing hes missing now is jumpshot. If he could hit 3s like Motum, that would be deadly.

Birutis and Echodas both average 20+ eff after 3 games. At same age after 3 games Maciulis averaged 8 for Nevezis, Macijauskas 16 for LR, Jankunas 19 for Zalgiris

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    The only thing hes missing now is jumpshot. If he could hit 3s like Motum, that would be deadly.
    I think Ehodas is a 4/5 tweener and more of a center in a long run. He's nearly elite around the basket, Motum's game is much different.

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Birutis and Echodas both average 20+ eff after 3 games. At same age after 3 games Maciulis averaged 8 for Nevezis, Macijauskas 16 for LR, Jankunas 19 for Zalgiris
    Both are promising, but I think Ehodas is a bigger prospect. The only advantage Buritis has has it's his length. Ehodas is more athletic, more skilled, more explosive and fits modern ball better.

The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I think Ehodas is a 4/5 tweener and more of a center in a long run. He's nearly elite around the basket, Motum's game is much different.

Both are promising, but I think Ehodas is a bigger prospect. The only advantage Buritis has has it's his length. Ehodas is more athletic, more skilled, more explosive and fits modern ball better.
    Do you think Echodas has a chance ending up in NBA? Im not overhyping him, just curious what do you think his ceiling is?

Imo yes, since he is quite athletic and considering that NBA ar moving towards smallball, he might be a perfect candidate for 4/5 spot there.

No way i see Echodas in NBA, but considering he never used to be a hot prospect, the way he improved and playing now is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    Do you think Echodas has a chance ending up in NBA? Im not overhyping him, just curious what do you think his ceiling is?

Imo yes, since he is quite athletic and considering that NBA ar moving towards smallball, he might be a perfect candidate for 4/5 spot there.
    I don't really think he showed off so much so far to consider him as legit NBA prospect, but to me he now is playing like a borderline NBA prospect. I have little doubt he'll reach EL level. As for NBA he would have to prove that he can have the some motor, explosiveness, sharpness while adding more muscles. Now Ehodas is still very lean and that helps him to be very effective at offence, but the D would be and is an issue at the higher level. When JV was lean 19-20yo he looked transcendent at offence, sometimes scary good. But in NBA you have to add mass and strength (and suddenly JV is just a decent center for NBA standards...). What is curious about Ehodas however, is that leap he made last season. He really made a huge step forward. Maybe he'll keep surprising us. I don't see him as legit NBA prospect as of now, but he might end up being a role NBA player - as a 5 in the first place. Most realistic scenario - an important role in Zalgiris and a spot in NT, IMO.

Yet another good prospect big but we need Guards ! How good bigs play depend alot on Guards is well. Hoping Velicka will be transfered or loaned to a higher level even if he came back to some LKL team .
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA European Championship : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Kisunas (18, c) to the an elite Connecticut university (from the next season). He has been solid in summer in youth NT. He's strong, but undersized (smth like 205) for a center and can't play as PF.

After Dulkys all the decent Lithuanian NCAA players were bigs: Biruta, Kacinas (from Neptunas, in the beginning he did better though), Chatkevicius, Sabonis, Geben (has been quite good in Universiade this summer), Gustys, Mockevicius (signed by Rytas).
    Birutas and Chatkevicius are hardly doing in professional basketball. Birutas used to be good in youth NT though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Kisunas (18, c) to the an elite Connecticut university (from the next season). He has been solid in summer in youth NT. He's strong, but undersized (smth like 205) for a center and can't play as PF.

After Dulkys all the decent Lithuanian NCAA players were bigs: Biruta, Kacinas (from Neptunas, in the beginning he did better though), Chatkevicius, Sabonis, Geben (has been quite good in Universiade this summer), Gustys, Mockevicius (signed by Rytas).
    Birutas and Chatkevicius are hardly doing in professional basketball. Birutas used to be good in youth NT though.
    He is 208 cm.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...002-story.html
    Silver medal at 2016 olympics prediction game

Quote Originally Posted by remigijus View Post
    I watched U18 team summer and Kisunas didn't look like 208. Gudaitis is 208 - Kisunas is not so tall.

I watched U18 team summer and Kisunas didn't look like 208. Gudaitis is 208 - Kisunas is not so tall.
    UConn says he is 6"10. No point for them to lie.
    Silver medal at 2016 olympics prediction game

Quote Originally Posted by remigijus View Post
    UConn says he is 6"10. No point for them to lie.
    Maybe it's about height measurements's differences in Europe and USA, because Kisunas definitely looked undersized for a center.

Rokas Jokubaitis had his first NKL game yesterday. He hit a game winning shot with 2 leaving opponents 2 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=EK27w6Bl22c

That game winner by Jokubaitis. He will be 17 in the end of the year.

The game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b56RUrkZZFc
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 10-06-2017 at 12:48 PM.

This Rokas Jokubaitis case is really interesting. He just came out of no-where and made some noise in U19WC as a 16yo. Biggest concern is his quickness to me. And I guess now when you see a good and tall lefty PG you don't want him to end up as Janavičius Other than that he is amazingly confident and effective as 16yo. Here's broader, but not necessary very accurate scouting report as it comes only from ANGT Kaunas 2017:

Strengths -Average physical profile at the moment at around 6' 2” but his father, a former player, stands 6' 7” and Rokas is expected to add another couple of inches, evident by his long arms and big feet. -Creative point guard who plays with a level of pizazz and confidence rare for a 16-year-old. Stepped up in the final scoring 18 points and dishing out six assists in only 23 minutes. Not afraid of the moment. -Provides a nice blend of scoring and playmaking – 19.6 points and 5.7 assists per 40 minutes. -Very comfortable playing out of ball screens. Whips one-handed passes over the top to the roll man. Avoids the hedging big. Can find the weakside shooter. -Uses sweeping crossovers in each direction to keep defenders off balance. Rarely kills his dribble. -Tough shot maker off the dribble. Somewhat unorthodox mechanics with his shooting (left) elbow flying out a bit and his right hand coming off the ball a bit early, but he gets excellent rotation and has great touch. Can stop on a dime in mid-range spots. Very accurate hanging, short-range jump shooter. Can also knock down open threes if the defender goes under in pick and roll. -Comfortable playing off the ball as well – capable spot shooter. 36.4% from three and 82% from the free throw line. Gets great rotation and has soft touch. -Doesn't shy away from contact around the rim -Will compete on the defensive end. Plays with fire. Long arms.

Weaknesses -Average physical profile for an NBA point guard prospect at this stage. Will likely have to grow to gain more traction, especially given the fact that he's an average athlete both in terms of burst and vertical explosiveness. -Struggles to get by elite defenders without a ball screen. Relies more on handle and deception. Doesn't change speeds or direction with force. -Not a great finisher around the rim. Struggles with length and athleticism. Will have to continue to add more craft to his game. -Very left-hand dominant as a ball handler, penetrator and finisher. -Can get a bit wild as a decision maker. Stops short for contested pull ups rather than getting all the way to the rim. Will whip passes around blindly. Has a feel and his creativity is a plus overall but he can stand to reel it in a bit. -Streaky shooter. More of a shot maker than a knockdown shooter at this stage. -Defensive potential is a bit limited at this stage. Gets by more on grit than tools or quickness.

Outlook Jokubaitis had a coming out party of sorts at the ANGT in Kaunas, following up a strong U16s this past summer where he caught our eye. Jokubaitis' spirit, creativity, tough shot making ability and vision really stood out as he made play after play on the biggest stage of the tournament, as the team's third-youngest player nonetheless. His long-term upside rests quite heavily on how much he'll grow and develop physically over the next few years, but his skill package and mentality for his age make him someone to follow moving forward.
    - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ubaitis-97439/ ©DraftExpress

I'm still pretty high on Sargiunas. He's lacking explosiveness and physicality to be some great prospect, but knowing our current backourt standards, he's more than interesting, highly skilled guard.

Jokubaitis isn't a tall one - he's like 190. As well as Janavicius. Kalnietis is a case of a tall pg f.e. Jokubaitis was unexpectedly good at WC U19, but it wasn't like he came from nowhere. He was good at EC U16 a year ago coming from the bench and was a key player in semifinal. He also was the best player in the decisive games at that ANGT Kaunas 2017 being a one year younger. He doesn't look like a superb talent, but plays really good being very confident.

Jokubaitis isn't a tall one - he's like 190.
    But he's 16yo. He will add some most likely. Besides his arms are long. That's why I said he's tall as PG. Anyway, it's good that he's PG. Now we have quite few PG prospects: Velicka, Jokubaitis, Giedraitis, Vilys. All of them are somewhat 2-5 years from being NT candidates, but we might blossom one day at this position.

Good game for Lekavicius. 10pts, 3assists in 15 minutes. The guy is good. Hopefully his minutes will increase eventually.

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576