This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by auris1 View Post
    You know what ? I was thinking the same thing today.
    And i was asking myself why Zalgiris did not extend him .
    Too old for junior team and main team has that german guy as young PF
    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
      Too old for junior team and main team has that german guy as young PF
      As i said, i was asking myself ,not ...
      Anyways ,only a few seasons ago Zalgiris 2 policy was to have a few veterans to help youngsters to adjust . Last season they managed to get silver in NKL without them ,which in a way makes sense as it is the purpose that team has. Prepare young players for main team . I know that some of the were training with main team as well,let alone Sajus and Varnas ? who played for Zalgiris . http://zalgiris.lt/news/zalgiris-2/50008/ in this case .
      My concern is that unless by the age of 20 the player is ready for Zalgiris , he is being let go . Letting them sit on the bench until they are 24-25 (Vene/Vecvagaras) or even 27 (Lipkevicius) is just that. Wasted time and opportunities for both sides.
      Ideally ,Zalgiris (Kaunas) would have another team in LKL , which is unlikely as it is illegal among many other reasons . Or loaning them to other teams in LKL (probably too costly). So yeah ,letting Miniotas go , the player with some talent and accolades ,who ,at 20 ,is already seems to be LKL level prospect seems like a shame .
      My only explanation for this is that Zalgiris has this policy because they have the capability to resign almost anyone they like .
      And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• It appears Miniotas was still free agent as of this morning
        Also Lipkevicius and Vecvagars between Zh2 and Zh1 played few years in LKL

Comment

It appears Miniotas was still free agent as of this morning
          Also Lipkevicius and Vecvagars between Zh2 and Zh1 played few years in LKL
          Yeah, he said so . But ,i mean , it is good when you have options ,right ?
          If anything that silver medal and the title of the best rebounder of the tournament just added to his value .
          And the next thing you know he is gone to Latvia or Poland .
          Regarding the other two - you are right . Baltai or Aisciai , or whatever it was called at the time ,it was just a second team of Zalgiris in LKL.
          Absolutely noncompetitive and waste of city's money.
          Lithuania is big enough not to have 2 teams from one city in LKL .

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
            It's not a good feeling, when you see Varnas playing just like an average player.
            Is there any other serious SG prospect besides M.Varnas for us ? Would you guys say he has any chances to be invited into the men's NT training camp next year.

Just curious It looks like our SG position is slowly rebuilding we weren't quite sure if M.Grigonis is ready yet but he definitely is just lets hope in Olympics he has strong nerves and doesn't brake down under preassure like many youngsters do and if M.Varnas would have a successful training camp next year we are pretty much set with SG...Biggest problem still PG Kariniauskas looked good against Spain but he needs to get out of that Second division Greek league to further develop.
            Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
            FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
            FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• 0 chances for varnas to get to nt next year. he has to show atleast something in lkl first. even in nkl he did not look very impressive.

Comment

• Grigonis Seibutis Juskevicius Milaknis should be enough for next olympic cycle

Comment

Grigonis Seibutis Juskevicius Milaknis should be enough for next olympic cycle
                  For next Olympics Seibutis will be 35 and Milaknis 34 No way these two will play next Olympics.

Agree with Juskevicius 27 replacing Seibutis soon as a leader at SG and M.Grigonis as a back up.. But to look even further for our future at the moment M.Varnas 3 years younger than M.Grigonis looks like the only one.
                  Lithuania

Comment

• Grigonis and veterans for beginning of cycle, now-middle-agers and up-and comers for ending

Comment

• Originally posted by Modis View Post
                      For next Olympics Seibutis will be 35 and Milaknis 34 No way these two will play next Olympics.

Agree with Juskevicius 27 replacing Seibutis soon as a leader at SG and M.Grigonis as a back up..
                      I just do not see Juskevicius as being a leader . He is 2 ,who can play 1 ,and that is why he is NT team. Filling the gaps . Grigonis , i assume , is a natural 3 ,who can play 2 just as well . Big difference in my opinion . I could be wrong though . But one thing i am pretty sure that even now Grigonis is a better player than Juskevicius .

Comment

• NBA teams have been looking over several players including Artūras Gudaitis, Laimonas Chatkevičius and Egidijus Mockevičius in the past year. (Which others have I missed?) Other than Gudaitis, are there any among these likely to become candidates for the national team in the next year or two?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                          NBA teams have been looking over several players including Artūras Gudaitis, Laimonas Chatkevičius and Egidijus Mockevičius in the past year. (Which others have I missed?) Other than Gudaitis, are there any among these likely to become candidates for the national team in the next year or two?

The way i look at it is that we will have some openings to fill starting next year .
                          Javtokas is definitely playing for the last time . Kavaliauskas ,unfortunately , due to his age ,will(should) not be a strong candidate next year around .
                          Dmo is an automatic choice ,if he is willing to play .
                          So them three lads you mentioned are very likely to be invited to NT summer camp next year .
                          Knowing Gudaitis funny attitude towards NT team , I would not be surprised at all to see Mockevicius or Chatkevicius actually making the final team . I know it is a long shot ,but coach K likes to see and try young players for himself and is not shy in giving chances for players who are year or two away from breaking into elite .

Comment

• Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                            The way i look at it is that we will have some openings to fill starting next year .
                            Javtokas is definitely playing for the last time . Kavaliauskas ,unfortunately , due to his age ,will(should) not be a strong candidate next year around .
                            Dmo is an automatic choice ,if he is willing to play .
                            So them three lads you mentioned are very likely to be invited to NT summer camp next year .
                            Knowing Gudaitis funny attitude towards NT team , I would not be surprised at all to see Mockevicius or Chatkevicius actually making the final team . I know it is a long shot ,but coach K likes to see and try young players for himself and is not shy in giving chances for players who are year or two away from breaking into elite .
                            Kazlauskas would like more Gudaitis because he has played so far in a more competitive higher level of basketball than any of those other players but he's not commited to the NT that's the problem. Chatkevicius has physical strenght and better size for a Center than Mockevicius but again just like Mockevicius just played College basketball and quite at a low level. If Mockevicius opens NBA doors he should gain some experience even in just 1 season he can become a
                            lot better. It will be interesting who will be JV's partner at C. I just hope them lads will get invited for the NT camp.
                            Lithuania

Comment

• Kazlauskas will leave after Olympics

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                                Kazlauskas will leave after Olympics
                                Yeh i just remembered that myself..Maybe Arvydas can talk him in for another year.
                                Lithuania

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information