Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1499

Thread: Lithuanian talents.

This summer seems to be like the end of the era for Vilnius basketball man/ youth powerhouses that had been dominating this town , and country in some cases , for many years - Vainauskas ( 20 years ) and Marciulionis ( 25 ) are done , retired and no more.
    I have no wish to comment whether it is a good or bad thing that this happened , no less , their legacy is something one will have to face many years from now on , good or bad .
    But , you know , for the kid who is 6 or 7 and on,who wants just to train and play bb , that doesn't mean shit . Best coaches left Marciulionis academy few years ago anyways or so, i gather . New owners of |Lrtyas are trying to distance themselves from Vainauskas as much as possible too. So many players , talented ones , went through those two organisations and not that many came out in the end .Not that they are related .
    Anyway , back to the hot pick topics of the past few days-
    Kulboka is great , Kulboka is shit ,again and again, GADILIAUSKAS is meh,but no , but yeah, Masiulis is shit too , but Jokubaitis and Giedraitis played well, did they ? Tadas is still great , no ?
    I fell bad saying it , but in my opinion this particular , 1998 year generation overreached last summer and so we have had high hopes for this summer , and no , they have never been very good as a team as 16,17 or even 18 year old .
    That doesn't mean that they are bad players though and only LKL average bound ,if lucky. No way . And i mean them big four - Tdas and Kulboka will likely be drafted at some point . GADILIAUSKAS , not so sure about him , but he has a potential at least to be a Cepukaitis , which is not much , i agree, yet he could go as far as play in ACB .
    Masiulis will have a chance in Zalgiris , partly because of his talent and game ,partly because of who his dad is .
    Zukauskas will get serious minutes in Siauliai , because of his dad . So yeah , LKL average .
    But you know , for once lets have Hepcat's attitude - disregard results and see who might be playing for our NT in the future .
    Quite a few ,actually .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

LTU vs UKR

One thing i like from our upcoming and this one current generation of our backcourt players is creativity. Sedekerskis, Grigonis, Varnas , Varnas first impressions today were not bad at all took on a leadership role at some points and was creating plays to.
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA European Championship : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Modis View Post
    One thing i like from our upcoming and this one current generation of our backcourt players is creativity. Sedekerskis, Grigonis, Varnas , Varnas first impressions today were not bad at all took on a leadership role at some points and was creating plays to.
    On the other hand, he looks bulked a little bit and is not fast as he used to be.

Birutis is a very decent deal for a 20 y.o. center. Good job by him and people who worked with him.

Exclamation

Lithuania is also currently competing for the Jones Cup in Taiwan:

Jones Cup

I see Lithuania is being represented by the Atletas All-Star team. Can anyone post the roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post

Jones Cup

I see Lithuania is being represented by the Atletas All-Star team. Can anyone post the roster?

I guess it's again some free-agents team. What I managed to found out, I mean bein' 5am here and not so sober to say the least that Eigirdas Zukauskas plays there, who spent last season in French 2nd league. No other names so far, maybe at the morning, but nonetheless, mate, Atletas is history

Exclamation

I see that Edvinas Žaromskis is another Team Lietuva member. So not exactly a powerhouse.

Lithuania plays Canada today.

Last edited by Hepcat; 07-17-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Jones Cup

It's Vytautas
    Tournament is mentioned here:
    https://www.basketnews.lt/news-11137...s-remejas.html
    it's Vytautas

Canada 102 Lithuania 99

Domantas Šeskus led the Lithuanian team today with 22 points.
    Last edited by Hepcat; 07-17-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Ambiguous impression of first Varnas' game in U20 EC. Seems like he's not giving his best effort physically (could be related to his injury, I guess it's normal to be a bit cautious ATM), still struggles to finish under the basket, seems a bit rusty, slower and not so outstanding (again the impression is that he didn't bring his best effort). We'll see what he'll bring when the time will come.

Ehodas is a beast. I seen like 3 or 4 monster blocks, don't know why there's only 1 BS in stats line. He crashed the boards, if it wasn't his TOs (he needs to improve passing) he looked like a man against kids. Buritis statistically was even better, but he really didn't have anyone to stop him, he's way too long and big. However, in the PRO level I'm a bit higher on Ehodas.

Bielauskas had a solid game.

While watching the game I was thinking: how slippery is with sports, imagine if we would be build with players like No.40 (PG) and we instantly a B division team...There's absolute scrubs and players who might reach high EL's level in the same NT...

The flick from the future...

Exclamation

Lithuania 94 Japan(U24) 67 at the Jones Cup tournament today.

Eigirdas Žukauskas led the way today with 24 points, Martynas Linkevičius pulled down 7 rebounds and both Šarūnas Vingelis and Domantas Šeskus had 5 assists. Vaidotas Volkus and Edvinas Šeskus are other members of the Lithuanian team.

Lithuania 94 Japan(U24) 67 at the Jones Cup tournament today.

Eigirdas Žukauskas led the way today with 24 points, Martynas Linkevičius pulled down 7 rebounds and both Šarūnas Vingelis and Domantas Šeskus had 5 assists. Vaidotas Volkus and Edvinas Šeskus are other members of the Lithuanian team.

Man, those guys are not about this thread.

I don't like Bieliauskas. I thought he could be better. He is soft a little bit, poor defender, not fast and looks only as a decent shooter - not clever.

Edit: 0 points by him against Latvia.
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 07-17-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    They're "talented" compared with us armchair fans. And perhaps Laurynas Beliauskas will soon join their ranks.

Exclamation

So today Šarūnas Beniušis with 24 points and 11 rebounds led the Lithuanian team to a 95-80 victory over South Korea in the Jones Cup tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    They're "talented" compared with us armchair fans. And perhaps Laurynas Beliauskas will soon join their ranks.

So today Šarūnas Beniušis with 24 points and 11 rebounds led the Lithuanian team to a 95-80 victory over South Korea in the Jones Cup tournament.

Jesus, Hepcat . I swear ,every summer you dig info about this particular team somehow, mangled from students and free agents,led by Ed Nickus and you post to either NT team or ,like now, our talent threads. I take it with a tad of disbelieve and a sort of admiration for your consistency to irrelevance in this matter.
    But it is all in good humour .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

U20 reached 4finals. Not a big fan of what I've seen in terms of tactics. There's no balance. Every single possession the ball goes to the paint. While Ehodas and Birutis can dominate the opponents it's a good idea, but generally you can't win a lot in modern BB with that kind of style. Not a single clear out, no spacing, no single ISO situation for Varnas or Beliauskas. There should be more aggression from the guards. Beliauskas is not living up to expectations, IMO, can't facilitate at the high level enough, his decision making is average, his shot is flat. There's no chemistry between him and Varnas who needs the ball more in his hands and spotted opened to be effective. I was thinking Varnas run the point much more effective and he's way more creative than Beliauskas. Varnas looks rusty, surely not in his top shape, but I still like him as prospect, has all the tools to be a good player, just needs to work hard on his weaknesses.

Berucka is interesting thug He's sort of a hard-nosed, dirty worker, defensive all-arounder out there. If he was a bit more athletic and tough, could be very interesting player.

What's with U18? I sneaked to watch the roster and it's pretty much staked. http://www.musukrepsinis.lt/rinktine...-u18-rinktine/

PG: Velicka, Jokubaitis, Giedraitis
    SG: Sargiunas
    SF Uleckas
    PF Vasiliauskas
    C: Balciunas

My marked players can really dominate at this level. Solid bench players as Daugela, Kozys and others. What a luxury to have 3 talented PGs...But the main question is - what kind of a things Velicka will be doing in this tournament? He is poised for a special tournament. This is probably the most complete Youth team this summer unless U16 is something special as well.

^ Balciunas was already thanked for effort according to basketnews

Horrible tournament by Beliauskas. I didn't like him so damn much. He's considered to be talent, but i could see only a shot as the only really good thing in his game and it went very bad in U20 champ. Then his defence was bad and the decision making even worse. He was the main reason the team couldn't reach semis. In 1/4 game his +/- was -24...

Varnas after injury issues is bulked a little bit and lost some speed. He's inconsistent and i don't have a feeling he will be good.

On the other hand, bigs Echodas and Birutis look really good and improved. It's a pity Lithuanian team lost having the best bigs duo in the tournament.

Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast