Petro de Luanda Defeat 1º de Agosto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petro de Luanda Defeat 1º de Agosto

Luanda, 05/07 - Petro de Luanda on Tuesday here beat 1º de Agosto by 89-79, in a match for one more round of the national basketball championship, ANGOP witnessed.

This was Petro`s first victory over their main opponent in the current season. 1º de Agosto defeated Petro de Luanda in all the five games played in this season.

Petro`s previous triumph over 1º de Agosto happened in December 2007, in a game for Angola League Cup.

1º de Agosto: Mayzer Alexandre (00), Armando Costa (14), Marques Houtmam (04), Olímpio Cipriano (05), Kikas Gomes (13), Felizardo Ambrósio (04), Vlademir Ricardino (01), Francisco Jordão (08), Carlos Almeida (11), Miguel Lutonda (10), Rodrigo Mascarenhas (09), Simão João (00).

Coach: Luís Magalhães

Petro de Luanda: Eduardo Mingas (21), Luís Costa (02), Carlos Morais (21), Fernando Albano (00), Leonel Paulo (02), Shannon Croocks (03), Francisco Horácio (00), Milton Barros (10), Domingos Bonifácio (07), Victor de Carvalho (09), Joaquim Xavier (00), Victor Muzadi (14).

Coach: Alberto de Carvalho “Ginguba”.

Fantastic!! I love it when the big teams fall. Petro is big, of course, but Agosto is bigger and has the "hotter" players. I think the last time Petro beat Agosto was in December.

Of course Mingas had a great game, but who is Morais? I've never heard of him.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

It looks like Luís Magalhães is not having an easy task. I think he thought that after becoming back-to-back Portuguese champion he could go to Angola and do the same From what I gather 1º de Agosto are currently 4th in the league, something which with the all-star team they have (some of the best Cape Verdian, Angolan and Portuguese (Jordão) players) is totally unexpected imo.

Zlim will you provide us regular news on the Angolan league? If so let me know, a thread about it should be created.
      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
        Fantastic!! I love it when the big teams fall. Petro is big, of course, but Agosto is bigger and has the "hotter" players. I think the last time Petro beat Agosto was in December.

Of course Mingas had a great game, but who is Morais? I've never heard of him.
        Carlos Morais is from the new generation but is already one of the best angolan players...he was with angola team in the last african championship and played also in Japan 2006.

Comment

Basketball: 1º de Agosto Beat Interclube, Consolidate Second Position

Luanda, 05/14– The team of 1º de Agosto reached second position in group A of the second phase of the National Senior Male Basketball Championship with 11 points, after defeating Tuesday evening Interclube by 96-77, in Luanda’s Rio Seco pavilion.

In the sixth and last round match, 1º de Agosto played well within 48 minutes, which allowed the team’s coach, Luís Magalhães, to put on the field Simão João and Hermenegildo Santos, who play in junior category. They scored five and seven points, respectively.

Interclube could bear up to the first half, when they were losing ten points of difference (56-46), but in the following period, they were physically broken and the opponents seized the opportunity to enlarge the score.

With 30 points, Kikas Gomes (1º de Agosto) was the best scorer of the match, followed by Carlos Almeida with 16, whereas Simão Panzo and Fabrice Mokootemapa were prominent for Interclube with 14 and 12 points, respectively.

Results of the sixth round (group A):

ASA – CDUAN (79-76)

1º de Agosto – Interclube (96-77)

Desportivo da Huíla – Promade de Cabinda (87-61)

ANGOP

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information