Roy Samaha(206cm-1985)

Average Height:195cm
    Average years:25.5 years

Players that might join due for their performance during the league:
    Elie Estephan
    Ghaleb Rida
    Nadim Souaid

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lebanese Basketball Federation have signed a partnership agreement with Med Bank for sponsoring the Lebanese National Teams , this agreement has a big title “Partnership for Lebanon “. .

The Federation and Med Bank have announced this partnership in a press conference on Friday March 11th ,2008 at The Headquarters of Med Bank .The press conference was held in the presence of Mr. Bassel Karam (the representative of Med Bank) and The President of the FLB Mr. Pierre Kakhiam the secretary General Mr. Fares El Modawar, the FLB Vice President Mr. Nizar Rawas and the National Teams Manager Mr. Fouad Nehme , among the peoples who attended the press conference are the Men National Team players and its coaching staff.

In the press conference Mr. Kakhia explained that the FLB has a big project to develop the National Teams programs to step to the other level which is to have the stable level on the International scene and why not compete very seriously against China on the first spot in Asia, Lebanon is now ranked 1st in Asia for the past 8 years behind the big China.

On the other hand Mr. Karam from Medbank explained that this partnership will have 1 year validity which will be extended for years to come.
    Last edited by daniab; 05-23-2008, 03:27 PM.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

The list looks OK.

How has Anis Feghali been performing? He's in 2nd division now correct?
    I guess he was basically last year's version of Nadim Souaid.

The 4 and 5 spot are the two positions we obviously have to address. At 35 years old Vogel won't be around for long and I wouldn't bet on the other names to be up to the international competition. Although they're young and I think they can improve, their height is lacking. Roy Samaha is the next tallest player at 6'9.

daniab you mentioned that we have 20 players abroad above 210cm. Are they any good? I think the articles you posted so far regarding the young prospects have been guards and forwards. From the names you mentioned would Rabih Iskandar and Matt Freije be considered the best big men we have outside Lebanon? Although Matt Freije is more of a shooter similar to Brian Bechara and can't really defend the low post. He put up some nice stats at Vanderbilt

Hope they can find some new names in time for the Olympic Qualifiers.

Comment

Anis Feghali is playing extremely good,he has a potential and he's 23 years only.Last year he was 2nd best lebanese scorer after the tiger El khatib wth 15.3 ppg in the div 1.Surely he cant compete with Ali Mahmoud and Rony fahed and even Ramy akiki,for these reasons,he should be replaced by Nadim Souaid or Ghaleb Rida.
      As you said we have a lack in tall players which will effect a lot next year in the asian championship especially against Iran,China and South Korea.
      The federation got a list of 80 players,btw them 20 players are above 210cm,i still doing a search about them and hopefully i will post them soon as i can.
      Adriano ibrahim is one of them (208cm) but unfortunately he played some friendly game with Brazil NT U18,i dont know if the friendly games are effective.
      Regarding the young players,we have 3 tall players (Elie Haber,Jad Moubarak and Rabih iskandar) they should work to improve their skills.
      Vincent khoury is PF and one of the best players that will be in the future,he's 16 years and 198 cm,he's not that tall but he can use his body extremely good,he can take shots from long and close range.
      The conclusion we need some tall centers,vogel is been aged,brian bchara the same and the rest are not that tall.
      Proud to be Lebanese
      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
        As you said we have a lack in tall players which will effect a lot next year in the asian championship especially against Iran,China and South Korea.
        Despite our same need of tall centers, don't count out us just yet, my friend, the Philippines still belongs to the elite group of asian basketball playing nations and include Jordan in your shortlist.

We both know that the key for both our national teams to succeed (win) is how to defend the shaded lane against taller centers and the perimeter shooters of the opposing teams. We need to live or die on defense, don't you agree ?
        Last edited by dreamwalker; 04-16-2008, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Short list of probable candidates and their alma maters, replacing some members of Team Philippines of the 2007 FIBA-Asia excluding some new found prospects from Canada and the US, too young to be included just yet for our men's team. You can see the preview of what's ahead for the Philippines in the next FIBA youth asian championships.

Gian Chiu - 208 cms C US-DIVIII - Oberlin College
          Japeth Aguilar -205 cms PF US-DIVI - Western Kentucky Univ.
          Kelly Williams -200 cms SF US-DIVII - Oakland University
          James Yap -190 cms. SG UAAP-PH - University of the East
          Gabe Norwood -195 cms. PG US-DIVI - George Mason University

Kerby Raymundo -200 cms SF NCAA-PH - San Juan de Letran
          Jason Castro -177 cms PG NCAA-PH - PHilippine Christian Univ.
          Samigue Eman -208 cms PF CESAFI-PH - University of Mindanao
          Joe Devance -203 cms SF US-DIVI - University of Texas El Paso
          Jared Dillinger -195 cms SG US-DIVI - University of Hawaii
          Jay Washington 200 cms SG US-DIVII - Eckerd College
          Greg Slaughter -210 cms C CESAFI-PH - University of the Visayas
          Arwind Santos -193 cms SG UAAP-PH - Far Eastern University
          Sonny Thoss -203 cms PF Australia - James Cook University
          Ryan Reyes -188 cms PG US-DIVI - Cal State - Fullerton
          Nino Canaleta - 195 cms SF UAAP-PH - University of The East
          JR Reyes - 203 cms -PF UAAP-PH - University of the Phil.

However, we still feel an urgent need to naturalize a foreigner preferably a 7-foot or more rebounding monster, to be able to compete against the best basketball playing nations of the world.

Just like you my friends, we all need to see basketball beyond Asia. Lebanon, Iran, South Korean and the Philippines, not necessarily in that order needs to belong to the elite group of top 15 basketball nations of the world. China is currently ranked no. 11. We asians need to show the world that our time has come......

Jordan will remain a formidable force in asian basketball, but I think Syria is more likely to challenge us in the near future.
          Last edited by dreamwalker; 04-17-2008, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks dreamwalker for you participation in the discussion here,we appreciate it.
            Honestly i dont think jordan and syria are the more likely to challenge us in the near future for many reasons,lately i dont see any new young players coming up in jordan,maybe malas can clarify this thing if it is true and in syria also.
            Iran yea,they are improving!
            Anyway we made a new plan for our NTs (men,U19,U17,U15),we should get the players from the lebanese descentry, we as lebanon are so popular in all the world.
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Thanks dreamwalker for you participation in the discussion here,we appreciate it.
              Honestly i dont think jordan and syria are the more likely to challenge us in the near future for many reasons,lately i dont see any new young players coming up in jordan,maybe malas can clarify this thing if it is true and in syria also.
              Iran yea,they are improving!
              Anyway we made a new plan for our NTs (men,U19,U17,U15),we should get the players from the lebanese descentry, we as lebanon are so popular in all the world.

I have included Syria for one reason, from what I have heard, Brazilians of syrian descent are reinforcing their team which we all know is a traditional basketball power in latin america until the Argentinians came along. While Jordan, courtesy of Rashiem Wright will still be a force in asian basketball, besides having a good foreign coach and good basketball program like yourselves and Iran. The Philippines for that matter has put into place a long-term basketball program, the only problem is, and sadly mixed by dirty politics.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamwalker
                I have included Syria for one reason, from what I have heard, Brazilians of syrian descent are reinforcing their team which we all know is a traditional basketball power in latin america until the Argentinians came along. While Jordan, courtesy of Rashiem Wright will still be a force in asian basketball, besides having a good foreign coach and good basketball program like yourselves and Iran. The Philippines for that matter has put into place a long-term basketball program, the only problem is, and sadly mixed by dirty politics.
                It seems that your situation is close to us,first the tall players and second the politics,always lebanon is unlucky in politics!
                As for the syrian descent players,just one is good he's andre chweyri.The 2nd eduardo is very normal and honestly he's not good.
                Jordan have a good new player,his name is jamal abu shamala and he is playing in the NCAA with Minnesota,and he has a 5 ppg.
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

It seems that your situation is close to us,first the tall players and second the politics,always lebanon is unlucky in politics!
                  As for the syrian descent players,just one is good he's andre chweyri.The 2nd eduardo is very normal and honestly he's not good.
                  Jordan have a good new player,his name is jamal abu shamala and he is playing in the NCAA with Minnesota,and he has a 5 ppg.
                  You made mentioned that least you have 20 players abroad more than 210 cms tall, are they any good ? are they all of Lebanese descent or of full blood ?

Comment

Originally posted by dreamwalker
                    You made mentioned that least you have 20 players abroad more than 210 cms tall, are they any good ? are they all of Lebanese descent or of full blood ?
                    No idea about them!
                    Last edited by daniab; 06-06-2008, 01:09 PM.
                    Proud to be Lebanese
                    www.arabasket.com

Comment

Our program for this year:

-A training camp in Lebanon for 15 days in the first half of june.
                      -Participation in Waba championship btw 18 and 21 june.
                      -Friendly tournament in toronta canada btw 30 june and 6 july.
                      -Friendly tournament in France btw 8 and 10 july.
                      -Pre-olympics games in Greece.
                      Proud to be Lebanese
                      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Is the list of players still the same as the one you posted above? No chance of naturalizing a foreigner or recruiting a Lebanese from abroad such as Barbour?

Comment

Originally posted by illmatic88
                          Is the list of players still the same as the one you posted above? No chance of naturalizing a foreigner or recruiting a Lebanese from abroad such as Barbour?
                          Dr.Pierre kakhia said that Lebanon NT will not have any new additions as for these things u mentioned bcz it needs time.
                          But for next year,everything is possible.
                          Proud to be Lebanese
                          www.arabasket.com

Comment

Our program for this year:

-A training camp in Lebanon for 15 days in the first half of june.
                            -Participation in Waba championship btw 18 and 21 june.
                            -Friendly tournament in toronta canada btw 30 june and 6 july.
                            -Friendly tournament in France btw 8 and 10 july.
                            -Pre-olympics games in Greece.
                            do you have more info for abt the friendly tournament in France?
                            liban a la vie a la mort
                            lebanon for the end
                            lebnen lal mawt

Comment

Originally posted by thelebanon
                              do you have more info for abt the friendly tournament in France?
                              No idea !
                              Proud to be Lebanese
                              www.arabasket.com

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information