Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metropolitan Basketball Association (1998-2002)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fave team inn MBA then is Manila Metrostars, Socsargen Marlins and When Manila was gone, Batangas Blades

Manila metrostars then is always a playoff contender and a championship contender. i like the league itself. they discover talents all over the country and thus give other unproven players in PBA to show their game in MBA. i miss the old rivalries like cebu-negros, manila-cebu, iloilo-cebu.

the players that discovered in provinces (Hontiveros, Hugnatan, S.Padilla) players that hone their skills further (Simon, Ferriols, Calaguio, Miller, Ejercito, Singson) Discovered Fil-ams (Wainright, Hatfield, Helterbrand)

hope in la liga filipina they'll discover talents from provinces that has potential in playing for NT and possible in PBA.
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline
      i'm a fan of the rivalry between the Negros Slashers and the Cebu Gems
      oh yeah, when coins are pelted to the slashers and the referees plus other debris such plastic cups, bottles and more. that's happening everytime the audience felt that a bad call was made or the call did not favor the home team. that's what cebu fans are known for. not only in the MBA but in any games, leagues or other events such as boxing and MMA. one incident in which i can say was truly a disheartening incident made by cebuano holliganism was between NCR and REGION VII in 1994 palarong pambansa held in Cebu City Sports Center. The game was not even finished because the raucous crowds and holliganism. it was replayed closed doors and was eventually won by NCR via rout.
      "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

I particularly don't like the kind of hooliganism displayed by Cebuano sports fans, the last time being in the Darchinyan vs. Gorres fight which I personally felt Gorres lost but it was called a split draw in the end.
        Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

I particularly don't like the kind of hooliganism displayed by Cebuano sports fans, the last time being in the Darchinyan vs. Gorres fight which I personally felt Gorres lost but it was called a split draw in the end.
          i don't like it too. cebuanos and british are alike.... in terms of hooliganism.
          "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer

the players that discovered in provinces (Hontiveros, Hugnatan, S.Padilla) players that hone their skills further (Simon, Ferriols, Calaguio, Miller, Ejercito, Singson) Discovered Fil-ams (Wainright, Hatfield, Helterbrand)
            Where is STEPHEN PADILLA? He's really a great streak shooter. He's like the Ren-Ren Ritrualo of Cebu.

Evolution made possible by Mei.ka~ of Hello! Online

Comment

Originally posted by Coke_Hero
              Where is STEPHEN PADILLA? He's really a great streak shooter. He's like the Ren-Ren Ritrualo of Cebu.
              he is with M. Lhuillier Kwarta Padala Jewelers in Cebu

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

i'm a fan of the rivalry between the Negros Slashers and the Cebu Gems
                I like the davao-cebu rivalry...PJ Simon was the ace player of the eagles...
                NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

Originally posted by JET007
                  I like the davao-cebu rivalry...PJ Simon was the ace player of the eagles...
                  before Simon came, it was Donbel Belano and Paul Guerrero I remember..Belano had a quadruple double against he Willie-Miller led Nueva Ecija patriots back then

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

I wonder what happened to Matt Mitchell (6-6 Center, Fil-Am?)
                    SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Originally posted by bolabasket
                      he's in playing in the venezuelan pro league. if not for the national anthem fracas. he could have played in the PBA.

Comment

he is with M. Lhuillier Kwarta Padala Jewelers in Cebu
                        Awww, Stephen Padilla was doing great in the PBA...

Evolution made possible by Mei.ka~ of Hello! Online

Comment

^^^ well Alaska got Miller so why should they use another shooter in the team
                          you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by bolabasket
                            I doubt if he was legit at all

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

I doubt if he was legit at all
                              he was a legit filam but the controversy he's into like the national anthem and the contract displute with ML blow it into pieces.

Comment

The MBA was a fun league to play in. I enjoyed it.. Servinio do you have pictures???

THE BEST KEPT SECRET
                                -BALL TIL i FALL-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information