Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32nd step of the camp of Iran National Basketball Junior Team will be started from March 2nd to March 8th in Azadi basketball hall.

The invited players:
    1. Pourya Kazemi
    2. Soren Dirboghosian
    3. Shahab Soltani
    4. Amir Hesam Abdollahi
    5. Morteza Abdollahzadeh
    6. Reza Shahbaznejad
    7. Farbod Farman
    8. Mahmood Panahi
    9. Mohammad Jamshidi
    10. Ghahreman Amro
    11. Saeid Mohammadi
    12. Ramin Honarmand
    13. Mohammad Amjad
    14. Mohammad Reza Falahat
    15. Ramtin Zare Shirazi
    16. Emad Soltani
    17. Ehsan Afarikan
    18. Rouzbeh Razeghin
    19. Amir Samani
    20. Mehdi Shirjang
    21. Mohammad Hasanzadeh
    22. Bagher Omri

Team Manager: Hamid Geramian
    Head Coach: Mohammad Reza Nouri
    Coach: Mohammad Rezapour
    Assistant Coach: Ali Asnashran

Comment

33rd step of the National Junior team Camp started in the Azadi Basketball Hall yesterday 08 April 2008.

The invited players are as follows:
      1. Poorya Kazemi
      2. Soren Dirboghosian
      3. Shahab Soltani
      4. Amir Hesam Abdollahi
      5. Majid Moradi
      6. Reza Shahbaznejad
      7. Farbod Farman
      8. Mahmood Panahi
      9. Mohammad Jamshidi
      10. Ghahreman Amro
      11. Saeid Mohammadi
      12. Erfan Khoda karami
      13. Ramin Honarmand
      14. Mohammad Amjad
      15. Mohammad Reza Falahat
      16. Ramtin Zare Shirazi
      17. Emad Soltani
      18. Rouzbeh Razeghin
      19. Amir Samani
      20. Davood Sabooni
      21. Mehdi Shirjang
      22. Mohammad Hasanzadeh
      23. Shayan Aghajanpoor

Comment

updates on Iran:

1) probably Iran will use Serbian head coach, Nebojsa Radovic.

2) and also Iran's federation didnt suspend Arsalan Kazemi and he will play for Iran in Asian Championship.

Kazemi and Gasol !!! near the Gasol, he look like a kid !

Comment

good luck iran team!
          cant wait to see our national teams fight! rp vs iran!
          obviously, we want to get our revenge! whahah!! hope it will happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Project_Olympics
            good luck iran team!
            cant wait to see our national teams fight! rp vs iran!
            obviously, we want to get our revenge! whahah!! hope it will happen!
            Your RP NT lose to Iran NT in 2007.
            I think the iran team will play in 20th FIBA Asia U18 Championship is just a U18 Youth NT ,Why you want to get your revenge by beat IranU18 Youth NT?

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631
              updates on Iran:

1) probably Iran will use Serbian head coach, Nebojsa Radovic.

2) and also Iran's federation didnt suspend Arsalan Kazemi and he will play for Iran in Asian Championship.
              good news for iran,i asked a player in our youth NT about Kazami and he told me that this player is so good.
              As for Lebanon unfortunately nothing new about our best players that are playing in USA,Bachir Saad (Lebanon's best scorer last year),Hayk gyokchyan,Ahmad ibrahim and Rabih iskandar and all of them have a big size.
              The team is training weekly,the serious trains will start after the end of the official exams in lebanon (June) then the team will fly to turkey for a traning camp.
              and lately i heard that Ahmad ibrahim is thinking to coming back and play with our youth team but nothing official.
              Proud to be Lebanese
              www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631
                he live in Houston. and i dont know what he do.

he is not in new list, i just post his height.
                Kazami is a close friend to Ahmad ibrahim (Lebanese player) who is living also in Houston.
                I and a player in leb youth team were talking about kazami when i told him that kazami is not part of iranian lineup,he answered"I'm sure he will play with iran in the asian championship" then he told me that ahmad and arslan are friends.
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

From the Korea Times
                  Monster Teenager

Yonhap

High School Star Lim Projected as Next Big Thing in Korean Hoops

By Kang Seung-woo
                  Staff Reporter

Cleveland Cavaliers franchise player LeBron James started drawing nationwide attention when he was playing basketball at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in Akron, Ohio.

As a 17-year-old kid, he appeared in SLAM and other notable sports magazines, such as Sports Illustrated and ESPN Magazine.

Such widespread attention is common for promising high school players in the United States, as Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Greg Oden of the Portland Trail Blazers drew similar coverage in their high school days.

But unlike America, it is very difficult for a high school baller to gain nationwide interest in South Korea, where a few pro sports gain almost all of the popularity.

However, Keisung High School junior shooting guard Lim Jong-il is a rare exception, as he has taken center stage.

What has drawn attention from the Korean media, which is usually stingy in its amateur sports coverage, is Lim's explosiveness in scoring. The 18-year-old, who stands 1.91 meters tall, averaged a staggering 41.5 points per game at a local basketball competition in Seoul, which came to an end last week.

More brilliantly, the guard put up 60 points, including six 3-pointers, and grabbed 12 rebounds against basketball powerhouse Songdo High School in a March 11 game.

And at a tournament last month in Gunsan, North Jeolla Province, Lim poured in more than 40 points in every game.

``Lim has already evolved to the level of college basketball,'' Lim's coach Kim Jong-hoon said. ``As his height is still growing, many colleges have strived to recruit him.''

For a relatively tall guard in Korean basketball, he has a good rhythm in shooting, so college basketball programs at Korea, Yonsei and Chung-Ang universities have shown interest in him.

Like Rafer Alston of the Houston Rockets, who jumped to the National Basketball Association (NBA) after establishing himself as a streetball legend, Lim developed his ability by playing street hoops.

His flamboyant skills made him a celebrity on a streetball Web site, and he made a name for himself through a 3-on-3 basketball challenge.

After entering Keisung High School, he improved his basketball fundamentals from his coach drilling him in shooting and dribbling.

In addition to his skill, Lim's size advantage has made defenders helpless.

Thanks to Lim's outstanding performances, his school has posted good records, reaching semifinals at tournaments three times, including this month's event, and quarterfinals once in two years.

``Offensive-minded basketball helps me score more points,'' Lim said.

``Although I have a short career in basketball and am poor at dribbling, I will try to overcome it to make South Korea's under-19 basketball team.''

ksw@koreatimes.co.kr
                  aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by FEIFEI
                    Your RP NT lose to Iran NT in 2007.
                    I think the iran team will play in 20th FIBA Asia U18 Championship is just a U18 Youth NT ,Why you want to get your revenge by beat IranU18 Youth NT?
                    Chill... he didn't mean what he said... honestly, our Youth Team have no intentions in winning 1st place in the 20th FIBA Asia U18 Championship. Our only goal is to train our possible future players in our National Team.
                    GILAS WISHLIST:
                    6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by sinobball
                      From the Korea Times
                      Will he play in 20th FIBA Asia U18 Championship for Korea Youth NT?

Comment

• Updates on Lebanon:

Nabil Samaha (184cm),Hassan Maatouk (198cm) and Elie Haber (218c) are out,Ahmad ibrahim(194cm) and Hayk gyokchyan (206) are in.

Note:Elie Haber didnt come to any practice,so the coach decided to let him out of the roster.
                        The team suffered on the center position with the absence of Elie haber and Rabih iskandar,only jad moubarak is a center and he's not even a center,he's a PF as he told me.
                        Bashir Saad (199cm) is probably coming to join the team soon.
                        The team will fly in july to Turkey for a training camp.
                        Proud to be Lebanese
                        www.arabasket.com

Comment

• Originally posted by daniab
                          Updates on Lebanon:

Nabil Samaha (184cm),Hassan Maatouk (198cm) and Elie Haber (218c) are out,Ahmad ibrahim(194cm) and Hayk gyokchyan (206) are in.

Note:Elie Haber didnt come to any practice,so the coach decided to let him out of the roster.
                          The team suffered on the center position with the absence of Elie haber and Rabih iskandar,only jad moubarak is a center and he's not even a center,he's a PF as he told me.
                          Bashir Saad (199cm) is probably coming to join the team soon.
                          The team will fly in july to Turkey for a training camp.
                          Can you show more info about the two new players Ahmad ibrahim(194cm) and Hayk gyokchyan (206)?
                          Is Hayk gyokchyan a C or PF?
                          Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by FEIFEI
                            Can you show more info about the two new players Ahmad ibrahim(194cm) and Hayk gyokchyan (206)?
                            Is Hayk gyokchyan a C or PF?
                            Thanks!
                            Hayk is SF/PF,for more infos about hayk check this thread

Ahmad ibrahim is SG/SF,he's 194 cm and was in Houston with the iranian player Arslan kazami and and the lebanese young player Mustapha el akkari (19 years old).
                            Proud to be Lebanese
                            www.arabasket.com

Comment

• Originally posted by daniab
                              Hayk is SF/PF,for more infos about hayk check this thread

Ahmad ibrahim is SG/SF,he's 194 cm and was in Houston with the iranian player Arslan kazami and and the lebanese young player Mustapha el akkari (19 years old).
                              Thanks!

Comment

• so guys lets start a predicition game.

for me i think:
                                1-China
                                2-Iran/Lebanon
                                4-S.korea
                                5-Kazakhstan
                                6-Japan
                                7-Syria
                                8-Rp
                                Proud to be Lebanese
                                www.arabasket.com

Comment

Working...