The Junmar Fajardo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ankle breaker View Post
    Fajardo has the tools and potential to become a star player. What he need is a good training regimen. I heard that he's going to the US for training as what coach gomez said. Hopefully that's true.
    Well this is really good news if true. He would be able to at least train and go up against big men in camp. If it is true that he has above ave. bball IQ (which is most probably true since his game is very good even if he just started playing ball in college) his game would surely improve by leaps and bounds

Comment

• Originally posted by ricodgame View Post
      from the video shown above, I think he is really more agile than greg slaughter, and he can shoot those 15 footers, and also he has the nose for the ball. But he shoots like Arwind Santos in the free throw line, no bending of knees..

PS. He is really tall!

Bring him to Manila, but I don't see him excel in the system of Toroman(eg. Japeth now is different to the Japeth who played for the Jones Cup with the Powerade - I like the game of Japeth before), maybe with Norman Black's SEAG team(not in Ateneo).
      crap. Japeth is better these days than before. The reason why he is not really dominant in scoring is that because he is playing in the system where they dont really need him to score much but to be part of the defensive lanes and in the rebounding department . But to compare him to Fajardo is absurd. Japeth will eat this guy anytime in terms of atlethism and agility. Japeth can shoot from the outside way better than Fajardo , but he is not allowed to do that in the Smart Gilas team because of Toromans system. But If he turns pro, Japeth will excel in many ways and adrenalin wise, he had those monster slams which will makes other tall players look like just a trying hard dunkers. Japeth looks elegant in making those slams where PBA fans love these kind of strut. I think in asia, Japeth has the best posture in way of dunking.So what if we call him "Dunking Japeth",I'd rather see him dunk than putting a cheap shot like those terms "Awa" or those tear drop shot for a 6'9 guy, no way."Dunking Japeth" is what he is and will always be in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
        nice! let see if this guy is for real under Norman Black... for SEAG Bound National Team..
        [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

• about J.Aguilar I think he will be a good bigman in the PBA because he already played against the bigboys in Asia..Australia,U.S and Serbia..

just look at Rabeh a benchwarmer in Gilas and now he is doing good in the PBA..
          [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

• Wow. He got a nice 2nd jump. A great great material in International ball game.

Comment

• i'd like to see junmar battle against UAAP and NCAA big men like mbe and daniel in the PCCL. that would be the real test for him. the video suggests that he dominates because he is up against smaller opponents. a japeth-junmar encounter would be great.
              AT SA TINGIN MO AY MAS MAHUSAY KA KESA KAY COACH CHOT?!

Comment

• He should apply with an NBA team

Fajardo has much better posting, shooting and dribbling moves than Yi and Yao when they were the same age. The Chinese pair just happened to be taller. Fajardo should try out with the California teams or teams based on states with a good number of Pinoys. He could be a good power forward; his upper body looks okay, but his thighs and legs still seem to lack the power and spring of a natural power forward. This is something that trainers can fix in one year.

The Lakers would be most compelling.....

Comment

• Originally posted by dtfernando View Post
                  Fajardo has much better posting, shooting and dribbling moves than Yi and Yao when they were the same age. The Chinese pair just happened to be taller. Fajardo should try out with the California teams or teams based on states with a good number of Pinoys. He could be a good power forward; his upper body looks okay, but his thighs and legs still seem to lack the power and spring of a natural power forward. This is something that trainers can fix in one year.

sir are you being sarcastic with this post? because a lot might disagree. Its not that im belittling our Cebuano giant, but Yao and Yi had better and taller competition during their pre-NBA days. Marketing might be also a factor in picking a player but also their skill and their exposure to international competition (if they're not Americans or played in US NCAA) would weigh much more compared to just being marketable.
                  you know why I am happy

Comment

• fajardo got the tools...but still he is not in greggyman's level..greggyma is already proven..fajardo is yet to be proven...

fajardo has the moves,hands,awareness and shooting!()...
                    he even showed triple-threat skill on the video ala jordan/kobe!!! lol was surprised by that moved of fajardo

but i am not hyping-up...seriously,if he will join gilas and play in fiba games,he has lots of catching up to do...but he will be a help if ever...an upgrade of JBall(?)

Comment

Waaaaahhh.....NBA???? A 6'10" guy with playing experience against 6' 2" centre to play in NBA???? What a joke

Comment

• Observe Fajardo's pivot move to his left with his right elbow sticking out at the back of his defender.. clearly a Fernandez move alright. If only he can do it farther from the basket and finish it with an elegant right hand layup oddly taking off with his right foot..

He should have also learned the skyhook or maybe the baby hook which is a potent weapon vs tall defenders. But obviously with his height advantage over the rest of cesafi, he was only taught what is needed.

but imho, in terms of mobility and moves Marlou is better than him in college.
                        Last edited by ogre; 10-20-2010, 04:12 PM.
                        Star Margarine helps.. just ask your mama..

Comment

I agree...he should get the training he needs overseas or atleast get trained by US accredited trainers.
                          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• eheeeemmm, excuse me!!!

Originally posted by dtfernando View Post

NBA? LAKERS? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLZZZZZZZ!

Comment

only in your dreams.hehe

Comment

• all i can say is, he is a little faster than gregg and marlou and he has a better shooting range than them...

but is he better than them? lets find that out next year.

too many hyper here eh?
                                I remember someone hated the term"PUSO" so much.
                                A few years later, "PUSO" has become Gilas's battle cry.

Now i know where Manu_bol's hate is coming from.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information