The Junmar Fajardo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
    thats sbp heads need to set straight what did they really want individal development of the young future national players or team development so that they can be ready to have a shot at 2012 London olympics because it is evident you cannot do both
    the objective of the gilas program is myopic kasi.

i think that is what's causing the problem... kasi if we aimed lang sana for the 2014 WBC, we would have a chance to develop more talents... mas longer lasting ang effect to philippine basketball. we would have a stronger program and teams for the years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
      same here. i was talking about individual players.

question is how can the team reach full potentnial if the roster lineup is unstable? i think only 6-7 originals are in yata. tapos, dadagdagan mo ng pba players in one tournament tapos babawiin mo naman in the next.

they should've already finalized the lineup when they got douthit.
      Well, true and true... But i have to admit despite the roster changes i admire SBP (eating their pride basically)for changing their ways (from tapping PBA reinforcements to still looking for possible reinforcements in the future...) as they recognize they have to get stronger for future wars like the Asian Games.

On one end it hurts the development of the team but on the other end it assures the team of a more competitive unit. Pick your poison basically.
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Still the Philippines is still a below top 10 in asia in terms of building a national team they cannot decide the right formula or just simply the way they are taking. It is easier to assemble guys in age group because its medium term it only takes 3-4 yrs while a senior nt takes patience.

Knowing a country who brags has advance knowledge on handling professional club teams and college teams
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
          the objective of the gilas program is myopic kasi.

i think that is what's causing the problem... kasi if we aimed lang sana for the 2014 WBC, we would have a chance to develop more talents... mas longer lasting ang effect to philippine basketball. we would have a stronger program and teams for the years to come.
          exactly if they changed the word 2012 to 2014 or 2016 ayos sana yun goal

Comment

exactly if they changed the word 2012 to 2014 or 2016 ayos sana yun goal
            But how is it better? When you have players leaving left and right... Our target is 2012 yet already more than half the pool have decided to go for greener pastures. What happens if the target was 2014? Wouldn't we have a greater problem?

(In retrospect, since we are in Junmar's thread the only way for the guy to suit up with Gilas is a) he gets offered a hefty contract or b) he goes the Aguilar route, drafted-in-the-PBA then loaned-to-the-NT)

All that said, the program would have more chance of success if there's major involvement form the PBA--- the three-reinforcement is a nice start. But it should not finish there.
            If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• because we're in the fajardo thread:

if their goal was 2014, i feel that fajardo would be a part of the NT as naturally as one can imagine.

hindi minamadali, hindi sapilitan.

Comment

• On one end it hurts the development of the team but on the other end it assures the team of a more competitive unit. Pick your poison basically.
                The ones displaced should be relegated to Team B, but there is no Team B. What happened is they got drafted in the PBA which appears good as far as Rabeh is concerned. I don't think it he would be like this if not for his stint in the Gilas program.

But on the other hand, if the cooperation between SBP and PBA would still continue, the PBA can serve as the training ground in the absence Team B.
                "better to know myself first before messing up with my enemies.." - jologs

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                  But how is it better? When you have players leaving left and right... Our target is 2012 yet already more than half the pool have decided to go for greener pastures. What happens if the target was 2014? Wouldn't we have a greater problem?

(In retrospect, since we are in Junmar's thread the only way for the guy to suit up with Gilas is a) he gets offered a hefty contract or b) he goes the Aguilar route, drafted-in-the-PBA then loaned-to-the-NT)

All that said, the program would have more chance of success if there's major involvement form the PBA--- the three-reinforcement is a nice start. But it should not finish there.
                  right there I think its not only player development how can you handle the financial constraints of so called 16-20 rising basketball players if you have contracts like so of japhet yeah I think the first three years of the plan is well planned(Building a team of 21 to 23 yr olds). it is just that this changes are made due to the pressure of winning or getting the results in the 3rd year of a rebuilding national team program.

Or it is just wala lang talagang pasensya si toroman sa below average players in his own standard. which is I think majority of the Gilas players who opted out.

in the next 3 yrs maybe the pro league should play a major role although they should be there in the whole process (by giving them exposures like the gilas guest stint last season.)

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post

that's because you're thinking in terms of the status quo between pba and sbp...

if done right sana, the sbp would have a new agreement with the pba. the problem is i don't think sbp wants that because of some constraints.

Comment

Or it is just wala lang talagang pasensya si toroman sa below average players in his own standard. which is I think majority of the Gilas players who opted out.
                      I don't think wala syang pasensya. It just so happened that we only have 1 team and the relegated players have their own option to go pro.

Comment

• Originally posted by jologs View Post
                        I don't think wala syang pasensya. It just so happened that we only have 1 team and the relegated players have their own option to go pro.
                        mahirap eh the financial constraints will come through kaya ba nating paswelduhan ang team b and organize a schedule for them to participate in their own tournaments majority of these team b guys are college guys availability and commitment is an issue if a pro bound would you want to play for b team or go straight to pba so many questions will lead to one suggested solution

Comment

mahirap eh the financial constraints will come through kaya ba nating paswelduhan ang team b and organize a schedule for them to participate in their own tournaments majority of these team b guys are college guys availability and commitment is an issue if a pro bound would you want to play for b team or go straight to pba so many questions will lead to one suggested solution
                          Financial constraints makes it hard to maintain but the PBA can fill in the void. You have the core players for the NT then you only get what is needed in the PBA, just like what is happening now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jologs View Post
                            Financial constraints makes it hard to maintain but the PBA can fill in the void. You have the core players for the NT then you only get what is needed in the PBA, just like what is happening now.
                            now the question is how can you lure the amateurs to commit for the national team for long term if they are still not sure to participate in any intl tournaments

Comment

now the question is how can you lure the amateurs to commit for the national team for long term if they are still not sure to participate in any intl tournaments
                              For sure they can be included in the team as long as they play exceptionally well in the pool - PBA or collegiate. The question is what kind of incentive to make them play for the NT?

Comment

• sweet looking j!
                                i'd take his jumpshot over marlou's jolens move anytime hehe
                                i'd take his footwork over slaughter's
                                i'd take his physicality over yancy's
                                i'd take his potential over eman's
                                i'd take his age over taulava's

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information