No announcement yet.

The Junmar Fajardo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hope so manu hopefully Junmar can deliver for the development of Phil Basketball (not only national team even his pro career) as for asi is better than greg yes absolutely but offensively he can only score in double figures against syria now yeah I can rely on you as you watch the two from their early years
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Some more pics (same source: from his fb)

Comment

• Question to Gilas fanatics (would have said fanboys, but you will overreact): If Fajardo joins Gilas months back would you have overhyped the guy too?

Most likely, yes. That said, can't wait for the time Fajardo dons the colors of the national team, you can take it to the bank that a lot of you will kiss his ass the same way you kiss the ass of Slaughter
        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
          Question to Gilas fanatics (would have said fanboys, but you will overreact): If Fajardo joins Gilas months back would you have overhyped the guy too?

Most likely, yes. That said, can't wait for the time Fajardo dons the colors of the national team, you can take it to the bank that a lot of you will kiss his ass the same way you kiss the ass of Slaughter
          haha lol maybe yes maybe not because its a marcus douthit team

people is praising dothit as he did good job against guys in his same size and skill set

Comment

Question to Gilas fanatics (would have said fanboys, but you will overreact): If Fajardo joins Gilas months back would you have overhyped the guy too?

fajardo, by not joining gilas or playing outside cebu has added to his myth. he is like the real version of the mysterious kapre basketball player or that giant of mount apo.

we pinoys like to dream that somewhere we have a super tall who can dominate the game and take philippine basketball to new heights. this is maybe in response to our insecurities and inadequacy of being a race not gifted with height.

junmar is an exceptional player but still has a long way to go reach his full potential. the same can be said of philippine basketball - full of promise, full of talent but never reaching the best that it can possibly be.

Comment

we, gilas fanboys were accurate with our hypes...

japeth
              lutz
              gregg

see?
              I remember someone hated the term"PUSO" so much.
              A few years later, "PUSO" has become Gilas's battle cry.

Now i know where Manu_bol's hate is coming from.

Comment

• Only way to reach full potential is to play outside your own backyard. I don't expect big improvements in the future just playing with little boys.
                "better to know myself first before messing up with my enemies.." - jologs

Comment

• Originally posted by nashill View Post
                  we, gilas fanboys were accurate with our hypes...

japeth
                  lutz
                  gregg

see?
                  you can include banchero, after that short gilas stint.

japeth, greg... what more training can you possibly give them?

they have toured all over the world to learn the game. gilas is said to be the only dedicated team to have done this in the past 3 years. i mean, what more can we give them to be the super players we want them to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                    you can include banchero, after that short gilas stint.

japeth, greg... what more training can you possibly give them?

they have toured all over the world to learn the game. gilas is said to be the only dedicated team to have done this in the past 3 years. i mean, what more can we give them to be the super players we want them to be?

a 3-month seminar-workshop with yeng guiao

Comment

• Originally posted by jologs View Post
                      Only way to reach full potential is to play outside your own backyard. I don't expect big improvements in the future just playing with little boys.
                      pudpod na yata ang mga sapatos ni japeth sa katetraining outside your backyard... that's way way beyond your backyard.

ah, they have reached their full potential... but where's that BIG improvement?

Comment

• I don't know about you guys but...this guy JuneMar Fajardo is for real!

No great shakes as of yet, but I foresee great things happening for this young man provided he has the blessing of good health on his side. I believe that he is the first basketball player of Pinoy descent that fulfills the definition of a "big man" in many more ways than have earlier been imagined.

Add to that, this notice is at this very early stage of his basketball career. Serious upside forthcoming!

In brevity or in a nutshell, words will fail to capture his value right now if he ever gets considered for a slot in the Gilas team... but allow this perspective if only one will....

Can anyone remember how badly they felt to see Milan Vucicevic given his walking papers from the team after a successful outing? Major gripes as I remember just right after capturing the crown in Dubai, I believe.

Well, Fajardo will make mince meat of this guy Milan, if their paths ever crossed patrolling the shaded lane in a basketball court. His ball smarts will more than allow him to succeed when a few of his under developed skills will fail. Milan IMO, will get brushed aside, totally dominated, and deprived of a good game. This young guy JuneMar, has the knack, the basketball IQ as everyone has so easily spotted, and the tenacity to allow for the maximum effort in every game, and in every play.

A glaring contrast to the proto typical Pinoy big men that we have now grown accustomed to all these years…. tamad sa bola! LOL!

So surely if we found value in Milan in his brief stint as a Gilas’, so too can we with JuneMar, more so if we do it with projections…. it easily translates into an upside wide in the positive territory in the not so distant future.

There is skepticism indeed, great! There should be, but then again focus on the upside in store for this young big man, then the same skepticism subsides in a huff!

One downside looming is a nagging feeling that this basketball phenom will not be as durable as he will be dominant in his future in RP basketball. I surely hope that he goes overdrive for muscle building and agility programs, for that is the key in order for him to get his fair shake in the basketball hierarchy.

At present, his physical conditioning leaves a lot to be desired. I don’t know, but he reminds me of molasses… sweet indeed, useful, serviceable, but slow, slow, slow.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                          a 3-month seminar-workshop with yeng guiao
                          toinks...

motivational coaching 101
                          by yeng guiao

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                            pudpod na yata ang mga sapatos ni japeth sa katetraining outside your backyard... that's way way beyond your backyard.

ah, they have reached their full potential... but where's that BIG improvement?
                            Unlike you Manu, i don't think Gilas has seen their full potential yet (as a team) individual development is rather subjective so we can leave it as that. As a unit, i do think we haven't seen the best of Gilas yet. Asian Games would be a nice test--- depending on the quality of the opposition. So yeah, let's see come 2011 if this team can find their full potential...
                            If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• thats sbp heads need to set straight what did they really want individal development of the young future national players or team development so that they can be ready to have a shot at 2012 London olympics because it is evident you cannot do both

Comment

Unlike you Manu, i don't think Gilas has seen their full potential yet (as a team) individual development is rather subjective so we can leave it as that. As a unit, i do think we haven't seen the best of Gilas yet. Asian Games would be a nice test--- depending on the quality of the opposition. So yeah, let's see come 2011 if this team can find their full potential...
                                same here. i was talking about individual players.

question is how can the team reach full potentnial if the roster lineup is unstable? i think only 6-7 originals are in yata. tapos, dadagdagan mo ng pba players in one tournament tapos babawiin mo naman in the next.

they should've already finalized the lineup when they got douthit.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information