No announcement yet.

The Junmar Fajardo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am still hoping that the coming ABS-CBN Pre-Season Tournament will also include UC instead of just UV in the tournament.

That will be only one of the very few times where we will be able to see Junmar Fajardo play against UAAP & NCAA teams.
    Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

• Manila teams are over rated any how.They are just want to be cheap copies of schools found in the U.S. Schools in Metro Manila have lost their cultural identity. Southern schools need to be leary of not making this same mistake
      sigpic

Comment

• /\ and there are teams here in manila that only rely in their foreign players
        a strong man stands up for himself,a stronger man stands up for others.

Comment

• If Fajardo's school gets invited to the upcoming summer tournaments, I would love to see him face off against the big men of the UAAP & NCAA. Rico Maierhoffer (DLSU), Jervy Cruz (UST), Dave Marcelo (SBC), Jason Ballesteros (SSC-R), and Nonoy Baclao (ADMU), who incidentally was a transferee from the Visayas.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoli
            Manila teams are over rated any how.They are just want to be cheap copies of schools found in the U.S. Schools in Metro Manila have lost their cultural identity. Southern schools need to be leary of not making this same mistake
            Overrated in what sense?

Comment

• What was the score of the Ateneo-UV game in the Champions' League again?

Let's face it. While STI did beat UST and UV got into the finals, these two teams are more the exception than the rule. The mere fact that no provincial school has won a legitimate national championship in years (sorry, BAP events are NOT counted) says it all.

What do Manila programs have that provincial programs don't?

Simple. Manila schools spend MORE on athletics than provincial schools do. Their alumni are more involved (see any Ateneo-DLSU game for an illustration). The facilities are better (Moro Lorenzo, St Placid's, and the Razon Sports Center are perfect examples). They have better fundraising programs.

Overrated? I don't think so. But I would like to see provincial teams getting better, thus levelling the playing field and giving us more choices for the national pool. Getting your alumni involved by means of sponsorships and endowments would be a good start. Sports would also raise revenues and enrollment and increase the money necessary to build other, non-athletic facilities as well.
              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by the big boss
                /\ and there are teams here in manila that only rely in their foreign players
                Which teams are those?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhk111
                  Which teams are those?
                  si sam ekwe lng naman... hehe

but a good cebu college player from the south need not play college ball in manila just to improve his game and prove his worth - and eventually play in the pba or for the national team...

to name a few...

hontiveros
                  roger yap
                  valenzuela
                  quinahan
                  padilla
                  torion
                  belano
                  ferriols
                  demape

if they really want to improve, play in the US, just like what aguilar did. if some people here have apprehensions on the training being given to slaughter and fajardo, there is really no reason to think they are better off at manila colleges. note that luzon too has its share of really tall young players, but most have underachieved and their talent (and height) just wasted.

let us just stop this they-should-have-better-off-in-uaap attitude. if a player got skills, he got skills. even if manila is better than cebu in college basketball training, it should not be by much and there should really be no earth-shaking difference. if you want him to improve by leaps and bounds, let him play and train abroad.

Comment

• Over rated, I mean by this Metro Manila schools are not as good as think they are and do not represent the Philippines as a whole. Clearly UV proved this in the CCL championship. No matter how many reasons I've heard for La Salle not being in this championship only illustrates the point that Metro Manila's pride and joy could not stand losing to a Southern team. It will only be a matter of time before other Visayan schools start to rule the basketball scene and with their cultural identity represent the Philippines. When you copy you don't secure the foundation and it will eventually crack and crumble. We will see.
                    sigpic

Comment

• The sultan of Mindanao has risen from the dead! Keep a watch out all impure souls! For the time of our destiny is fast approaching. Can you row your boat in the crowded street of Mendiola to Quiapo?
                      sigpic

Comment

When you copy you don't secure the foundation and it will eventually crack and crumble. We will see.

when i crack i never crumble, i see colors bunch of them LOLOLZ
                        you know why I am happy

Comment

• Originally posted by b3lowzro
                          U have the benjamins? Why wont you sponsor Fajardo right now
                          I maybe slightly touched but I have plenty of Benjamins. Do you have pride and dignity in yourself when you have to beg a complete stranger for sponsorship. We can row our own boat in a wealthy society. You sound like a typical pinoy [unnecessary] always ready to build up their insecure public image at the expense from the hard work of others.
                          Last edited by rikhardur; 03-29-2008, 09:56 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I maybe slightly touched but I have plenty of Benjamins. Do you have pride and dignity in yourself when you have to beg a complete stranger for sponsorship. We can row our own boat in a wealthy society. You sound like a typical pinoy [unnecessary] always ready to build up their insecure public image at the expense from the hard work of others.
                            well its you who suggested that we send Ariel Mepana to the states even if you know that the country has no resources for that and schools are too greedy to let go of their students.
                            I admire people who help other people even if they're perfect strangers... Look at the Aguilars I bet they helped that Jerico De Guzman to find a school and some good exposure in the states.

I dont mind other people posting here in this thread as long as they dont post such retarded sentiments (well look at Joel23 everybody hates him [unnecessary])
                            Last edited by rikhardur; 03-29-2008, 09:59 PM.
                            you know why I am happy

Comment

• We are delighted to sponsor some one, but you drop that guys name on me out of the blue. It doesn't sound like helping but it sound like begging. You definitely have an arrogant high opinion of yourself when you decide who hates who. Remember this, when you point one finger at somebody three fingers are point back at you. Anyway, If you want to resort to name calling I like your pretty pictures [unnecessary]. What a good defender about the Metro Manila athletics. For how many winter and summer olympics have gone by zero representatives from the Philippines. What ashame when the whole world looks down on you. Hopefully you can figure out how to use your own resources to stand on your own. Not likely! We look forward to see you in Beijing summer olympics. Sad, sad, sad. I agree, Ariel he is supposed to leave UV back in 2002, but they don't release his record. At any time when Ariel Mipana wants to come here in the United
                              States let me know and we will sponsor him in a heartbeat
                              Last edited by rikhardur; 03-29-2008, 09:58 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

We are delighted to sponsor some one, but you drop that guys name on me out of the blue. It doesn't sound like helping but it sound like begging. You definitely have an arrogant high opinion of yourself when you decide who hates who. Remember this, when you point one finger at somebody three fingers are point back at you. Anyway, If you want to resort to name calling I like your pretty pictures [unnecessary]. What a good defender about the Metro Manila athletics. For how many winter and summer olympics have gone by zero representatives from the Philippines. What ashame when the whole world looks down on you. Hopefully you can figure out how to use your own resources to stand on your own. Not likely! We look forward to see you in Beijing summer olympics. Sad, sad, sad. I agree, Ariel he is supposed to leave UV back in 2002, but they don't release his record. At any time when Ariel Mipana wants to come here in the United
                                States let me know and we will sponsor him in a heartbeat
                                (FLAME ON)
                                excuse me, im not pointing any finger LOLOLZZZ

look, this thread is about Junmar Fajardo, then you came in posting about Ariel Mepana must in be the USA? Then you posted something about the Sultan of mindanao being reborn and Metro Manila is overrated. Then somebody laughs at your silly incoherent post then what do you do? Call me [deleted], Defender of Metro Manila Athelitics LOLOLZZZ!!! Again sending players abroad is not always the solution. Even getting players from abroad is not even effective

Number 1 rule is that YOU POST SOMETHING THAT IS CONNECTED TO FREAKING TOPIC n00b1010101!!!

A non-Manilenyo bitching over glamor and prestige of Manila is overrated,
                                (Flame Off)

i dont hate the people outside manila. What i hate is that when "some" know that you are from manila they will start to attack and put stereotypes on you.
                                Last edited by rikhardur; 03-29-2008, 09:59 PM.
                                you know why I am happy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information