Page 116 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2943

Thread: The Junmar Fajardo Thread

  1. #2301
    Senior Member Allanhboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipballa7 View Post
    I actually think Junemar is longer than Kanter. Junemar is a legit 6'11 and just based on last year's FIBA Europe games of Turkey I think he's more 6'9. He's just bullstrong and can explode upright without much momentum. Very strong and explosive lower and upper body. Unfortunately, Junemar is not really a fast twitch kind of guy but he's not even close to his physical peak so watch out!
    In the NBA, JF would already be considered a 7-footer. A legit size for a center.

  2. #2302
    Senior Member Allanhboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricodgame View Post
    lol.. pero if he's still learning. then 20-15 for him in future?

    ROY-MVP?
    I expect JF to be a double double machine in the PBA.

  3. #2303
    Senior Member Allanhboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol View Post
    pre-ABL junmar was doing those moves against SBC

    He is 22 years old with mature post moves, does not get rattled or nervous as he knows he can score on the defense if he wants to. Has the jumpshot, can block shots, can run . . .Broad shoulders that let's you know he has inert core strength to have his way in the paint for rebounds and putbacks . . What more can we ask for ?

    I would love to look at Kardoust's face when he finally faces Junmar in the future. They would probably think, as in most opponents we will face next year, where in the world was the Philippines hiding this guy ? A small town boy who never got national attention as he stuck with his plans to graduate from UC in the South. This is an interesting grassroots story that should be told once he gets to the limelight of playing in Manila full time.

    Imagine him making fakes and hand off passes to Marcus on the weakside, a twin tower tandem that we could finally be proud to cheer on . . . With Greg coming off the bench . . .we are not only on the right track but on target for next year to bag a top 3 finish in Asia.

  4. #2304

    Default

    Junmar must focus making it to the NBA istead so that he will continue to work on his game and improve. If he dominates the PBA and just stop there, sayang!

  5. #2305
    Senior Member C2Hamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    1,718
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegm Thrower View Post
    Junmar must focus making it to the NBA istead so that he will continue to work on his game and improve. If he dominates the PBA and just stop there, sayang!
    1 step at a time. "dominate" PBA first as you say... then try to go to the NBA
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

    P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

  6. #2306

    Default

    junmar is destined to be the phl's next most dominant player both locally and international since asi did it 10yrs. ago.
    Ako ang may pinakamalakas na confidence!

  7. #2307
    Senior Member mackkoolit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thegloryball View Post
    junmar is destined to be the phl's next most dominant player both locally and international since asi did it 10yrs. ago.
    it will only happen IF he will be able to play to the national team. by that time, I can say that he is actually good as advertised and our future looks bright. our hopes our high on you junmar. may you become dominant in your kind of play not only in the PBA but for international play as well.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all people.

  8. #2308
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alabang, Philippines
    Posts
    456
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Greg / Junmar Tale of the tape

    Greg 7'0 with shoes / Junmar 6'11 with shoes
    Greg 7'0 wingspan (noticably short arms) / Junmar 7'1 wingspan
    Greg 255-260 pounds / Junmar 265-270 pounds
    Greg played in Fiba asia minor events / Junmar played in the ABL
    Greg a pure center / Junmar can slide to power forward depends on the matchup (kardoust).

  9. #2309
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by startupsold View Post
    Greg / Junmar Tale of the tape

    Greg 7'0 with shoes / Junmar 6'11 with shoes
    Greg 7'0 wingspan (noticably short arms) / Junmar 7'1 wingspan
    Greg 255-260 pounds / Junmar 265-270 pounds
    ).
    Are these actual figures that are verified, if this is the case it seems like it's no comparrison

  10. #2310
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    At this point I’m not convinced Fajardo can play PF. If Chot has concerns with his quickness to even play center “Slaughters and Fajardo are tall but we need quickness at the Center spot”, there is no way Chot would consider playing him at PF. Especially internationally were a stretch four is critical and especially with a DDO system

  11. #2311
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alabang, Philippines
    Posts
    456
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    At this point I’m not convinced Fajardo can play PF. If Chot has concerns with his quickness to even play center “Slaughters and Fajardo are tall but we need quickness at the Center spot”, there is no way Chot would consider playing him at PF. Especially internationally were a stretch four is critical and especially with a DDO system
    I am not buying chot's quickness at the frontcourt postion idea, quickness is useless when a player can't beat his man off the dribble or by his first step, quickness is useless when we CANT REBOUND against Iran and China, I am tired of getting out rebounded kung kelan pa may malalaki (Greg, Junmar) na tyo ndi pa natin gamitin. Primarily quickness is useless when they turn the ball over 23 times

    those measurements of Greg and Junmar are pretty much accurate, more or less.

  12. #2312
    Senior Member lovejones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    1,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by startupsold View Post
    Greg / Junmar Tale of the tape

    Greg 7'0 with shoes / Junmar 6'11 with shoes
    Greg 7'0 wingspan (noticably short arms) / Junmar 7'1 wingspan
    Greg 255-260 pounds / Junmar 265-270 pounds
    Greg played in Fiba asia minor events / Junmar played in the ABL
    Greg a pure center / Junmar can slide to power forward depends on the matchup (kardoust).
    actually, it's junmar who appears to be with the noticeabley short arms

    fajardo2-262x300.jpg

    greg is the one who appears to have the longer reach

    greg.jpg

    regarding heights, i read somewhere that greg is now 7 without shoes on. better yet, he should be measured again.

    and i don't think junmar can ever slide to the 4 position. douthit might if he is on the court with junmar but i'm not betting on that. marcus is a lot quicker than junmar but even he is too slow to play 4.

  13. #2313
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    247

    Default

    i agree, i think what chot needs is quickness on the guards, because PBA players has been beaten off the dribble, and the result is handcheck fouls called all the time. kardoust did not use his quickness against douthit, but his power niether hadadi is not that quick,..just my opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by startupsold View Post
    I am not buying chot's quickness at the frontcourt postion idea, quickness is useless when a player can't beat his man off the dribble or by his first step, quickness is useless when we CANT REBOUND against Iran and China, I am tired of getting out rebounded kung kelan pa may malalaki (Greg, Junmar) na tyo ndi pa natin gamitin. Primarily quickness is useless when they turn the ball over 23 times

    those measurements of Greg and Junmar are pretty much accurate, more or less.
    cramming time again

  14. #2314
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    511

    Default

    You can play Marcus and Junmar at the same time in spurts. Play Coach Yeng style where one player leaks out as soon as somebody shoots(cyrus and/or Miller). You need guys that can protect the rim and rebound

  15. #2315
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alabang, Philippines
    Posts
    456
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovejones View Post
    actually, it's junmar who appears to be with the noticeabley short arms

    fajardo2-262x300.jpg

    greg is the one who appears to have the longer reach

    greg.jpg

    regarding heights, i read somewhere that greg is now 7 without shoes on. better yet, he should be measured again.

    and i don't think junmar can ever slide to the 4 position. douthit might if he is on the court with junmar but i'm not betting on that. marcus is a lot quicker than junmar but even he is too slow to play 4.
    for a 6'11 junmar having a 7'1 wingspan is quite impressive for greg having a 7'1 wingpsan means he has short arms because he is 7ft. In the NBA Anthony Davis was measured at 6'10 with a 7'6 wingspan while Yao Ming is 7'6 with a 7'6 wingspan short arms that is

  16. #2316
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alabang, Philippines
    Posts
    456
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    precisely, why put a kelly williams or ranidel at 4 when wer matching up against haddadi and kardoust, If kelly can use his quickness against kardoust and would not be a rebounding liability thats ok, but if he cannot just use junmar at the 4. Kardoust is a back to the basket player walang face up game yan

  17. #2317
    Senior Member thayil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Pasay
    Posts
    989
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by startupsold View Post
    for a 6'11 junmar having a 7'1 wingspan is quite impressive for greg having a 7'1 wingpsan means he has short arms because he is 7ft. In the NBA Anthony Davis was measured at 6'10 with a 7'6 wingspan while Yao Ming is 7'6 with a 7'6 wingspan short arms that is
    Actually a 6'10 with 7'6 is abnormal.. JF's wingspan is ok for me while Greg's Wingspan is a standard since he is 7ft

  18. #2318
    Senior Member lovejones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    1,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by startupsold View Post
    precisely, why put a kelly williams or ranidel at 4 when wer matching up against haddadi and kardoust, If kelly can use his quickness against kardoust and would not be a rebounding liability thats ok, but if he cannot just use junmar at the 4. Kardoust is a back to the basket player walang face up game yan
    Pare, Kardoust doesn't play 4. He is the chief reliever of Haddadi at 5.

    It's Arsalan Kazemi and Oshin Sahakian that play 4. You have seen the sweet-shooting and slashing Sahakian. You think Junmar can keep up with him?

    How about Kazemi, who is a lot, lot better and versatile than Sahakian?

    See for yourself:



    Fajardo is a center. Really.

  19. #2319
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alabang, Philippines
    Posts
    456
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovejones View Post
    Pare, Kardoust doesn't play 4. He is the chief reliever of Haddadi at 5.

    It's Arsalan Kazemi and Oshin Sahakian that play 4. You have seen the sweet-shooting and slashing Sahakian. You think Junmar can keep up with him?

    How about Kazemi, who is a lot, lot better and versatile than Sahakian?

    See for yourself:



    Fajardo is a center. Really.
    He did play the 4 in some stretches at 2011 jones cup against gilas 1 and 2010 fiba worlds

    USA vs Iran FIBA world championship 2010 - YouTubewww.youtube.com/watch?v=nyypjdTmCiM

    Smart Gilas Pilipinas vs Iran Jones Cup 2011 Part 4 - YouTubewww.youtube.com/watch?v=my6ydPs3DxY
    Last edited by startupsold; 09-26-2012 at 03:58 AM. Reason: typo

  20. #2320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alabang, Philippines
    Posts
    456
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thayil View Post
    Actually a 6'10 with 7'6 is abnormal.. JF's wingspan is ok for me while Greg's Wingspan is a standard since he is 7ft
    having a 7'7 wingspan actually makes a player land the big bucks $. Imagine Anthony Davis standing reach (9ft) compared to yao mings 7'6 height 7'6 wingspan 9ft 8 inches standing reach but yao doesnt jump as high as davis so practically wala rin masyado advantage ang height ni yao compared to an athletic 6'10 with a 7'7 wingspan

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ba-draft-picks

    The two also differ greatly in their pre-draft measurements. While they are both right around 6'10," Davis' wingspan of 7'7.5" and standing reach of 9'0" make Griffin's arms (6'11.25" wingspan, 8'9" standing reach) look tinymag_ug_davis-russell_576.jpg

Page 116 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •