• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by startupsold View Post
    Greg / Junmar Tale of the tape

Greg 7'0 with shoes / Junmar 6'11 with shoes
    Greg 7'0 wingspan (noticably short arms) / Junmar 7'1 wingspan
    Greg 255-260 pounds / Junmar 265-270 pounds
    Greg played in Fiba asia minor events / Junmar played in the ABL
    Greg a pure center / Junmar can slide to power forward depends on the matchup (kardoust).
    actually, it's junmar who appears to be with the noticeabley short arms

fajardo2-262x300.jpg

greg is the one who appears to have the longer reach

greg.jpg

regarding heights, i read somewhere that greg is now 7 without shoes on. better yet, he should be measured again.

and i don't think junmar can ever slide to the 4 position. douthit might if he is on the court with junmar but i'm not betting on that. marcus is a lot quicker than junmar but even he is too slow to play 4.

Comment

• i agree, i think what chot needs is quickness on the guards, because PBA players has been beaten off the dribble, and the result is handcheck fouls called all the time. kardoust did not use his quickness against douthit, but his power niether hadadi is not that quick,..just my opinion.

Originally posted by startupsold View Post
      I am not buying chot's quickness at the frontcourt postion idea, quickness is useless when a player can't beat his man off the dribble or by his first step, quickness is useless when we CANT REBOUND against Iran and China, I am tired of getting out rebounded kung kelan pa may malalaki (Greg, Junmar) na tyo ndi pa natin gamitin. Primarily quickness is useless when they turn the ball over 23 times

those measurements of Greg and Junmar are pretty much accurate, more or less.
      cramming time again

Comment

• You can play Marcus and Junmar at the same time in spurts. Play Coach Yeng style where one player leaks out as soon as somebody shoots(cyrus and/or Miller). You need guys that can protect the rim and rebound

Comment

• Originally posted by lovejones View Post
          actually, it's junmar who appears to be with the noticeabley short arms

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4772[/ATTACH]

greg is the one who appears to have the longer reach

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4773[/ATTACH]

regarding heights, i read somewhere that greg is now 7 without shoes on. better yet, he should be measured again.

and i don't think junmar can ever slide to the 4 position. douthit might if he is on the court with junmar but i'm not betting on that. marcus is a lot quicker than junmar but even he is too slow to play 4.
          for a 6'11 junmar having a 7'1 wingspan is quite impressive for greg having a 7'1 wingpsan means he has short arms because he is 7ft. In the NBA Anthony Davis was measured at 6'10 with a 7'6 wingspan while Yao Ming is 7'6 with a 7'6 wingspan short arms that is

Comment

• precisely, why put a kelly williams or ranidel at 4 when wer matching up against haddadi and kardoust, If kelly can use his quickness against kardoust and would not be a rebounding liability thats ok, but if he cannot just use junmar at the 4. Kardoust is a back to the basket player walang face up game yan

Comment

for a 6'11 junmar having a 7'1 wingspan is quite impressive for greg having a 7'1 wingpsan means he has short arms because he is 7ft. In the NBA Anthony Davis was measured at 6'10 with a 7'6 wingspan while Yao Ming is 7'6 with a 7'6 wingspan short arms that is
              Actually a 6'10 with 7'6 is abnormal.. JF's wingspan is ok for me while Greg's Wingspan is a standard since he is 7ft
              TEAM PILIPINAS!

www.myspace.com/fivefeetadjustment

www.facebook.com/fivefeetadjustment

Comment

precisely, why put a kelly williams or ranidel at 4 when wer matching up against haddadi and kardoust, If kelly can use his quickness against kardoust and would not be a rebounding liability thats ok, but if he cannot just use junmar at the 4. Kardoust is a back to the basket player walang face up game yan
                Pare, Kardoust doesn't play 4. He is the chief reliever of Haddadi at 5.

It's Arsalan Kazemi and Oshin Sahakian that play 4. You have seen the sweet-shooting and slashing Sahakian. You think Junmar can keep up with him?

How about Kazemi, who is a lot, lot better and versatile than Sahakian?

See for yourself:

Fajardo is a center. Really.

Comment

• Originally posted by lovejones View Post
                  Pare, Kardoust doesn't play 4. He is the chief reliever of Haddadi at 5.

It's Arsalan Kazemi and Oshin Sahakian that play 4. You have seen the sweet-shooting and slashing Sahakian. You think Junmar can keep up with him?

How about Kazemi, who is a lot, lot better and versatile than Sahakian?

See for yourself:

Fajardo is a center. Really.
                  He did play the 4 in some stretches at 2011 jones cup against gilas 1 and 2010 fiba worlds

USA vs Iran FIBA world championship 2010 - YouTubewww.youtube.com/watch?v=nyypjdTmCiM

Smart Gilas Pilipinas vs Iran Jones Cup 2011 Part 4 - YouTubewww.youtube.com/watch?v=my6ydPs3DxY
                  Last edited by startupsold; 09-26-2012, 03:58 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by thayil View Post
                    Actually a 6'10 with 7'6 is abnormal.. JF's wingspan is ok for me while Greg's Wingspan is a standard since he is 7ft
                    having a 7'7 wingspan actually makes a player land the big bucks $. Imagine Anthony Davis standing reach (9ft) compared to yao mings 7'6 height 7'6 wingspan 9ft 8 inches standing reach but yao doesnt jump as high as davis so practically wala rin masyado advantage ang height ni yao compared to an athletic 6'10 with a 7'7 wingspan

Anthony Davis is one of the most unique draft prospects in NBA history. With his never-ending wingspan, advanced perimeter skills, elite shot-blocking ability, intense competitive ...

The two also differ greatly in their pre-draft measurements. While they are both right around 6'10," Davis' wingspan of 7'7.5" and standing reach of 9'0" make Griffin's arms (6'11.25" wingspan, 8'9" standing reach) look tinymag_ug_davis-russell_576.jpg

Comment

• Coach Chot can definitely play Junmar and Marcus at the same time, ginagamit nya nga ng sabay si Thoss at Douthit eh. I don't think Junmar is slower than Thoss he may be quicker and can run the floor better than Thoss. I really think we need both Fajardo and Slaughter in the lineup, Junmar can slide to 4 depending on the match ups. What if Iran use Haddadi and Katsodus at the same time, magmumuka tayong timang sa loob nyan. China can use 3 7footers on the floor at the same time too. Pagsamasamahin na yan sila Fajardo, Slaughter and Aguilar ung mga guards naman ang magdadala sa game nila eh.
                      Last edited by Phlegm Thrower; 09-26-2012, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phlegm Thrower View Post
                        Coach Chot can definitely play Junmar and Marcus at the same time, ginagamit nya nga ng sabay si Thoss at Douthit eh. I don't think Junmar is slower than Thoss he may be quicker and can run the floor better than Thoss. I really think we need both Fajardo and Slaughter in the lineup, Junmar can slide to 4 depending on the match ups. What if Iran use Haddadi and Katsodus at the same time, magmumuka tayong timang sa loob nyan. China can use 3 7footers in the floor at the same time too. Pagsamasamahin na yan sila Fajardo, Slaughter and Aguilar ung mga guards naman ang magdadala sa game nila eh.
                        Just a fair warning to all "double-big" (by our standards anyways) fans: Thoss at PF was more of necessity than want. We did NOT have a legit back-up for Ranidel during the Jones Cup/FIBA Cup. The big rotation would have been much more different if say, Kelly Williams was there. i'd want to see a Douthit-Big combo in SOME stretches but knowing Chot's tendencies he'd still go small in most cases...
                        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                          Just a fair warning to all "double-big" (by our standards anyways) fans: Thoss at PF was more of necessity than want. We did NOT have a legit back-up for Ranidel during the Jones Cup/FIBA Cup. The big rotation would have been much more different if say, Kelly Williams was there. i'd want to see a Douthit-Big combo in SOME stretches but knowing Chot's tendencies he'd still go small in most cases...
                          Having Douhit and JF at the same time is a luxury for us whenever we will play against those East Asian Teams combining them with agile but deadly sniper while we can play JF or Douhit plus athletic ang lengthy players to capitalize on the DDO's perspective against these arab teams.

having these combination of offense and defense will help the team be unpredictable/

as i stated before, the team should learn how to be unpredictable.
                          We can have no progress without change, whether it be basketball or anything else

Comment

• this is a great scenario but then again rampant smc politics will kill this dream. Smc says send formal letter it seems that they can not see with their own eyes what is needed for the teams betterment. Request letter? if they are keen to help no need to go throw a lot of publicities, open arms is just heeded.

Originally posted by Phlegm Thrower View Post
                            Coach Chot can definitely play Junmar and Marcus at the same time, ginagamit nya nga ng sabay si Thoss at Douthit eh. I don't think Junmar is slower than Thoss he may be quicker and can run the floor better than Thoss. I really think we need both Fajardo and Slaughter in the lineup, Junmar can slide to 4 depending on the match ups. What if Iran use Haddadi and Katsodus at the same time, magmumuka tayong timang sa loob nyan. China can use 3 7footers on the floor at the same time too. Pagsamasamahin na yan sila Fajardo, Slaughter and Aguilar ung mga guards naman ang magdadala sa game nila eh.

Comment

• Playing Fajardo at four is simply looking at it from a match-up perspective, what people have to understand is Chot is running the DDO offense four out and 1 big man. for the system to work without getting congested without proper spacing is your four actually has to be interchangble with playing small forward as well which means he not only needs to have an outside shot from 3 points but needs to have SF quickness. It is really going to be a stretch to expect Fajardo to play that role
                              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                                Playing Fajardo at four is simply looking at it from a match-up perspective, what people have to understand is Chot is running the DDO offense four out and 1 big man. for the system to work without getting congested without proper spacing is your four actually has to be interchangble with playing small forward as well which means he not only needs to have an outside shot from 3 points but needs to have SF quickness. It is really going to be a stretch to expect Fajardo to play that role
                                the thing here is that, we can't live and die with DDO alone.
                                There will be times that DDO will not be effective against these perennial team as they also have these counters against DDO. Chot must have these extra plays from his sleeve to put out a surprise attacks when needed.

you can't simply execute the DDO whenever these teams will out-rebound us.
                                We can have no progress without change, whether it be basketball or anything else

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information