No announcement yet.

The Junmar Fajardo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im wondering if someone is still in doubt with JF ability after a double double average and 2 best player perfomance in the elimination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liptong View Post
      im wondering if someone is still in doubt with JF ability after a double double average and 2 best player perfomance in the elimination.
      there will always be haters
      WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
      SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Liptong View Post
        im wondering if someone is still in doubt with JF ability after a double double average and 2 best player perfomance in the elimination.
        Fajardo sucks. Can't even lead his team to the playoffs

/green font.
        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• junemar playing inspired basketball.. what love can do..

this is good for us come FIBA Asia.. if he continues to play inspired basketball.. we will not have any problem frontcourt.. our backcourt can do their thing, and we all know that is our kreme de la kreme..

Comment

• Caution

Originally posted by Liptong View Post
            U mean doubt about JF's ability to perform well in the international game?

Let's just put it this way, a splendid performance in the PBA doesn't always translate to good performance in international basketball (e. g. Garry David & Jay Washington).There's no question JF is the best center in the PBA right now (although of course some will argue Slaughter is better), and JF was a monster in his last 3 games, but it remains to be seen whether his splendid performance in the PBA can be carried over in the FIBA game. There's no question he had his moments of brilliance in last year's FIBA World Cup, but he has to prove that he can do it again & again in the next international competitions. As the saying goes, a player is only good as in his last game.

Remember, Japeth Aguilar broke out of his shell in the 2013 FIBA-Asia Championship & many fans thought magtuloy-tuloy na ang magandang games nya in the international game. Of course you & I know it wasn't the case.

I'm not saying Fajardo would most likely be like Japeth. Of course nobody among Filipino cage fans (including me) would want that to happen. I just want to be cautious on my expectation on Fajardo. I just don't want to see a repeat of the disappointment many of us felt when Fajardo struggled with Gilas in the 2013 FIBA-Asia Championship. Because whether we admit it or not, we expected Fajardo to at least play "decently" in that tournament, and we used Fajardo's PBA game as a gauge on how he will perform in the FIBA game. Fajardo fell way too short of our expectation.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
              junemar playing inspired basketball.. what love can do..

this is good for us come FIBA Asia.. if he continues to play inspired basketball.. we will not have any problem frontcourt.. our backcourt can do their thing, and we all know that is our kreme de la kreme..
              Hope Fajardo & his girlfriend doesn't figure in any animosity during the 2015 FIBA-Asia Championship
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                U mean doubt about JF's ability to perform well in the international game?

Let's just put it this way, a splendid performance in the PBA doesn't always translate to good performance in international basketball (e. g. Garry David & Jay Washington).There's no question JF is the best center in the PBA right now (although of course some will argue Slaughter is better), and JF was a monster in his last 3 games, but it remains to be seen whether his splendid performance in the PBA can be carried over in the FIBA game. There's no question he had his moments of brilliance in last year's FIBA World Cup, but he has to prove that he can do it again & again in the next international competitions. As the saying goes, a player is only good as in his last game.

Remember, Japeth Aguilar broke out of his shell in the 2013 FIBA-Asia Championship & many fans thought magtuloy-tuloy na ang magandang games nya in the international game. Of course you & I know it wasn't the case.

I'm not saying Fajardo would most likely be like Japeth. Of course nobody among Filipino cage fans (including me) would want that to happen. I just want to be cautious on my expectation on Fajardo. I just don't want to see a repeat of the disappointment many of us felt when Fajardo struggled with Gilas in the 2013 FIBA-Asia Championship. Because whether we admit it or not, we expected Fajardo to at least play "decently" in that tournament, and we used Fajardo's PBA game as a gauge on how he will perform in the FIBA game. Fajardo fell way too short of our expectation.
                Fajardo played decently in the Worlds though so you're wrong.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                  Fajardo played decently in the Worlds though so you're wrong.
                  Did I say he didn't play decently in the Worlds? Read my lips

Comment

Hope Fajardo & his girlfriend doesn't figure in any animosity during the 2015 FIBA-Asia Championship
                    Ala james yap-hope issue
                    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Did I say he didn't play decently in the Worlds? Read my lips

Because whether we admit it or not, we expected Fajardo to at least play "decently" in that tournament, and we used Fajardo's PBA game as a gauge on how he will perform in the FIBA game. Fajardo fell way too short of our expectation.
                      He played decently. He played just as expected at that time. So, you're wrong.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Well RELEASE THE KRAKEN

image.jpg
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

To those posters who reacted negatively to coach Tab Baldwin's comment on Junmar Fajardo, what can you say now that after 3 games in the Commssioner Cup, Fajardo hasn't performed the way he did in the All Filipino Cup?

He didn't do badly in SMB's 1st game vs. Kia & I think he fared well vs. Kia import PJ Ramos. But in the next 2 games, Fajardo clearly struggled matching up with opposing teams' tall centers.

He was outplayed by Ginebra's Gregg Slaughter as Gregg finished with 18 pts. (7/9 FG's) & 5 rebs. while Fajardo could only score 9 pts. (on 3/9 FG's) & 13 rebs. Several times Gregg was able to score at the low post off Fajardo's defense, while Fajardo couldn't do his thing at the shaded lane as he was clearly intimidated by Slaughter's towering presence.

In yesterday's game vs. Blackwater, Fajardo couldn't get his game going against Marcus Douthit. He couldn't power his way at the shaded lane off Douthit's defense & languished most of the 2nd half in the bench. Worse, SMB is still winless after 3 games.

In the All-Filipino Cup, Fajardo was unstoppable against 6-foot-6 or 6-foot-7 local bigs. But how would Fajardo fare against bigs who are as tall or a bit taller than him?

The tall imports of the current Commissioner Cup somewhat replicates the type of centers Fajardo would be matching up against in international competitions. Its very clear that Fajardo's game is affected by the presence of these tall imports. He is obviously not as productive vs. 6-foot-10 or 7-foot centers as he is versus 6-6 or 6-7 centers.

No wonder coach Tab came up with such comment which drew negative reaction from some posters here. Baldwin was hardly impressed w/ Fajardo's monster games in the All Filipino Cup becoz he thinks the real test for Junmar would be in the 2nd conference where some teams will have 6-foot-9 & above imports.
                          It was too early for you to tell. you havent considered what SMB went through last conference. what happened right after this post? double double ave and 2 best player performances. he must have read your comment about him, thats why.

we will not be talking about international game here coz its clear that youre post is talking about how he struggle early on in this conference. and what is youre assessment now?

Comment

• JF had a hard time playing against Ivan Johnson. JF couldn't really score against his combination of strength and quick hands. Against Caracter, JF used his quickness, whether it was for a jump hook, or for a fake-dribble-jumper. Caracter's bulky body was too big for him to push off, most of the time but by not relying on just his strength, he was able to score a lot.

As I said before, JF's height is a bit misleading. Standing without shoes, he is probably slightly shorter than 6'10. But more significantly, if you look at just his shoulders it's just the same height as a 6'9 guy like Japeth. As I said before, his standing reach is probably closer to a 6'9 guy than an average 6'10 one. This mostly explains his being a significantly inferior rim protector than Greg. If we determine his position based on his standing reach, not just his height, internationally he is closer to a PF than a center.

This means, he has to use more speed and skill than size or strength in order to be effective at that level. The game against GP was encouraging. If he keeps on working on his speed, dribbling and shooting, in the next Asian tourney he will surely be a major contributor on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                              JF had a hard time playing against Ivan Johnson. JF couldn't really score against his combination of strength and quick hands. Against Caracter, JF used his quickness, whether it was for a jump hook, or for a fake-dribble-jumper. Caracter's bulky body was too big for him to push off, most of the time but by not relying on just his strength, he was able to score a lot.

As I said before, JF's height is a bit misleading. Standing without shoes, he is probably slightly shorter than 6'10. But more significantly, if you look at just his shoulders it's just the same height as a 6'9 guy like Japeth. As I said before, his standing reach is probably closer to a 6'9 guy than an average 6'10 one. This mostly explains his being a significantly inferior rim protector than Greg. If we determine his position based on his standing reach, not just his height, internationally he is closer to a PF than a center.

This means, he has to use more speed and skill than size or strength in order to be effective at that level. The game against GP was encouraging. If he keeps on working on his speed, dribbling and shooting, in the next Asian tourney he will surely be a major contributor on the team.
                              wow! again wow! another one of those "OMG he is an inch shorter and the world will crumble".. really?

seriously, i think all of us here in this forum play basketball right? if you are 5'10" and go up against a fellow 5'10" player compared to going up against a 5'11" player, do you really feel the difference? really? again really?

at the end of the day, it is the BULK, STRENGTH, and STYLE of play that matters.. NOT HEIGHT! especially if it is just an inch difference..

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
                                wow! again wow! another one of those "OMG he is an inch shorter and the world will crumble".. really?

seriously, i think all of us here in this forum play basketball right? if you are 5'10" and go up against a fellow 5'10" player compared to going up against a 5'11" player, do you really feel the difference? really? again really?

at the end of the day, it is the BULK, STRENGTH, and STYLE of play that matters.. NOT HEIGHT! especially if it is just an inch difference..
                                Ok, I'll answer your remark. Yes, skills and athleticism matter. But so do height, standing reach and wingspan matter. And it's not just an inch of height. If you compare Greg's jumping reach (11'6) to JF's (11'0) It's a 6 inch difference. I don' think it's their vertical leap is significantly different, so most likely it's standing reach.

And yes an inch does matter. Just take a look a the height of SFs in the NBA. You won't see a lot of 6'6s but there are a lot of 6'7s. My personal experience is yes. Playing against a 5'10 is different from a 5'11. An inch matters,

And you're missing the point. JF is basically a 6'10 guy if your just counting his height. But he can't play big just like Greg who can score just by practically standing and hoisting a one-hander. His "STANDING REACH" is significantly lower than Greg's so he has to use more movement in order to get off his shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information