No announcement yet.

The Junmar Fajardo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My goodness a local league more important than national team, wow so historic a championship for his school. It is so historic compared to national team hahaha.. sarcasm.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
      My goodness a local league more important than national team, wow so historic a championship for his school. It is so historic compared to national team hahaha.. sarcasm.
      This is Greg Slaughter right? <same sarcasm as yours.>
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

My goodness a local league more important than national team, wow so historic a championship for his school. It is so historic compared to national team hahaha.. sarcasm.
        Recent history has shown that Smart Gilas has an extremely short rotation with the bigs because Coach Toro doesn't trust his existing pool of players. As such, he has asked the PBA to lend some of its players to beef up the 4 and 5 positions.

If Greg, who has been in Smart Gilas for some time now, has not been given the playing time we believe he deserves, what more for Junmar who is a bit shorter and less experienced than Greg?

Unless Toroman decides to tinker with his rotation or changes his philosophy, I don't see potential up and coming bigs gravitating towards Smart Gilas.
        Last edited by lovejones; 02-09-2011, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Your sarcasm would have packed a bigger punch if you didn't end it with the word "sarcasm."

Comment

Favoring a local league over the National Team is an unfair assumption as it is already announced that Greg is still part of SMART GILAS and as per GILAS Team Manager Frankie Lim, Slaughter would be actually playing with the team in the coming PBA 2nd Conference (Commissioners Cup ). It was clarified that Greg Slaughter missed the Dubai stint in order to fulfill his academic requirements at Ateneo, I previously noted that he incurred already a lot of absences when he played at the month-long Asian Games in Guangzhou, China plus the time he got stranded by the blizzards that hit the US East Coast when he was having his Christmas Vacation with his family.
            LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
            Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
              Favoring a local league over the National Team is an unfair assumption as it is already announced that Greg is still part of SMART GILAS and as per GILAS Team Manager Frankie Lim, Slaughter would be actually playing with the team in the coming PBA 2nd Conference (Commissioners Cup ). It was clarified that Greg Slaughter missed the Dubai stint in order to fulfill his academic requirements at Ateneo, I previously noted that he incurred already a lot of absences when he played at the month-long Asian Games in Guangzhou, China plus the time he got stranded by the blizzards that hit the US East Coast when he was having his Christmas Vacation with his family.
              GO ATENEO.....GO........ Hopefully ATENEO will allow him...lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by TOTOY-MOLAH View Post
                GO ATENEO.....GO........ Hopefully ATENEO will allow him...lol...
                I was told Greg Slaughter and Kiefer Ravena were cleared to play for SMART GILAS at the PBA but they were reminded that they have required grades to maintain.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

I was told Greg Slaughter and Kiefer Ravena were cleared to play for SMART GILAS at the PBA but they were reminded that they have required grades to maintain.
                  so it means that Baser Amer and Kiefer Ravena are already part if Smart Gilas???
                  ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Comment

• Originally posted by mayfel View Post
                    so it means that Baser Amer and Kiefer Ravena are already part if Smart Gilas???
                    On Baser .... its the call of Frankie Lim. Let's see.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

On Baser .... its the call of Frankie Lim. Let's see.
                      Is it a good idea to use incoming college freshmen in the PBA? Would their immature bodies take the PBA's physicality without getting injured?

The difference in the level of physicality between highshool and college ball is already significant, what more between highschool and professional ball?

Comment

• Originally posted by lovejones View Post
                        Is it a good idea to use incoming college freshmen in the PBA? Would their immature bodies take the PBA's physicality without getting injured?

The difference in the level of physicality between highshool and college ball is already significant, what more between highschool and professional ball?

If there is someone who can adjust easily, I think Baser is it. Physically I know he is very much capable but I feel a stint this early in the PBA could improve more his basketball IQ, his emotional and psychological maturity.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lovejones View Post

well ricky rubio started proball around 15 i guess, plus those league include taller, and bigger players, so i might as well work for them too, and they wont be playing extended minutes with the team unlike their high school days, they might be relievers to the team, so the probability of getting injuries is not that high

Comment

• Originally posted by theImbaguy View Post
                            well ricky rubio started proball around 15 i guess, plus those league include taller, and bigger players, so i might as well work for them too, and they wont be playing extended minutes with the team unlike their high school days, they might be relievers to the team, so the probability of getting injuries is not that high
                            I think the 3 kids (Ravena, Amer and Parks) would benefit even if they only play a few quality minutes per game as they are at the stage wherein they can learn a lot by observing how men play the game up close from the bench.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

I think the 3 kids (Ravena, Amer and Parks) would benefit even if they only play a few quality minutes per game as they are at the stage wherein they can learn a lot by observing how men play the game up close from the bench.
                              true, developing ball IQ should start at an early age, with them playing in the pba they will develop that and most importantly their defense, cause they'll be guarding taller, much athletic guards(maybe except ray)mas magulang vets, am wondering what will warboleda, sol, and other physical guards will do to those kids(wait that didnt sounded right im on the same age bracket)

Comment

• Let's not drag Fajardo to Gilas as if he'll be the team's savior. He has made his decision and most people here must move on. The team has bigs anyway, Douthit, Taulava, Aguilar, Ramos, Ballesteros and Slaughter. Toroman on the otherhand must learn to trust most of these guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information