This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there Soliman,
    I am interested in basketball in Egypt and you seem to know a lot about it, so I was hoping you could answer a couple of quick questions.
    How much longer does this current superleague season run for?
    Are there actual finals series or is the winner determined by who is on top of the ladder at the end of the year?
    Do all the teams still have imports playing? I noticed the tall guy from Gezira isn't listed as still in the team. Have they replaced him?
    Do you know when next season is likely to start and finish?
    How long do teams usually get together before the season for pre-season training?
    Thankyou very much, I appreciate any response to these questions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Hi there Soliman,
      I am interested in basketball in Egypt and you seem to know a lot about it, so I was hoping you could answer a couple of quick questions.
      How much longer does this current superleague season run for?
      Are there actual finals series or is the winner determined by who is on top of the ladder at the end of the year?
      Do all the teams still have imports playing? I noticed the tall guy from Gezira isn't listed as still in the team. Have they replaced him?
      Do you know when next season is likely to start and finish?
      How long do teams usually get together before the season for pre-season training?
      Thankyou very much, I appreciate any response to these questions!
      - its a little bit complicated , we have 12 teams in the leauge , in the first round all teams play with each other (go-away) then the first six teams advances to compete in the super leauge (go - away) at last they play one Tournament in alex and another one in cairo and thats all in 6 months only!!!!

-most of the teams still have imports only geziera released garth joseph due to his knee injury and his awful performance they didn"t replace hem because it"s not allowed after the month of february

-i know absolutely nothing about the next season
      Last edited by soliman; 05-14-2009, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Itthad hits the title for the 13th time !!!!

Itthad 75 - zamalek 68

yasser said scored 23 pts - ramy ibrahim 15 pts 8 reb -for the winner

wael badr scored 27pts 7 reb - haitham elsaaid 20pts - tarek elsaaid 12pts 10 reb

ahly 85- smouha 73 \ army 90 - geziera 61

1- itthad
        2- zamalek
        3- ahly
        4-army
        5-geziera
        6-smouha
        ----------
        7- sporting
        8- police
        9- shark
        10- gasco
        ----------
        11- olimpy
        12- shams

Comment

• Originally posted by soliman View Post
          wael badr scored 27pts 7 reb
          Nice!! Badr has had a couple of good games, hasn't he?

Soliman, does the Egyptian league have a "relegation system" like European soccer? Do the worst teams go to the second division?
          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

• Originally posted by mvblair View Post
            Nice!! Badr has had a couple of good games, hasn't he?

Soliman, does the Egyptian league have a "relegation system" like European soccer? Do the worst teams go to the second division?
            yeap ,, olimpy and shams to B division entage and tanta to A division

Comment

- its a little bit complicated , we have 12 teams in the leauge , in the first round all teams play with each other (go-away) then the first six teams advances to compete in the super leauge (go - away) at last they play one Tournament in alex and another one in cairo and thats all in 6 months only!!!!

-most of the teams still have imports only geziera released garth joseph due to his knee injury and his awful performance they didn"t replace hem because it"s not allowed after the month of february

-i know absolutely nothing about the next season
              Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it! You said that Itthad won the championship. So the league is in break now until next season I take it?

Comment

• Hi Soliman, I am trying to put together some information for Egyptian basketball, i was wondering if you could send me to a page with the information for the league, clubs, players, as well as the following:

League: Egyptian Super League (ESL?)
                2009 Champion/MVP: ?
                2008 Champion/MVP: Sporting
                2007 Champion/MVP: Zomalek
                2006 Champion/MVP:
                2005 Champion/MVP:

And any other information you can find

Cheers, Stuart
                http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

• Originally posted by stuart View Post
                  Hi Soliman, I am trying to put together some information for Egyptian basketball, i was wondering if you could send me to a page with the information for the league, clubs, players, as well as the following:

2009 Champion/MVP: ?
                  2008 Champion/MVP: Sporting
                  2007 Champion/MVP: Zomalek
                  2006 Champion/MVP:
                  2005 Champion/MVP:

Cheers, Stuart
                  Yo Stuart! Have u tried this link:

Soliman posts info. about Egyptian basketball there.

Hope I was able to help u out.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuart View Post
                    Hi Soliman, I am trying to put together some information for Egyptian basketball, i was wondering if you could send me to a page with the information for the league, clubs, players, as well as the following:

2009 Champion/MVP: ? Itthad(leauge)-Ahly (cup) - Amine Rezig
                    2008 Champion/MVP: Geziera(league) - Sporting (cup) - leslie chauncy
                    2007 Champion/MVP: Zamalek (league) -Ahly (cup)
                    2006 Champion/MVP: Geziera (league) -Zamalek(cup) - Ahmad mounir
                    2005 Champion/MVP: Geziera (league) - Ahmad mounir

Cheers, Stuart
                    what else do u wanna know???

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                      Yo Stuart! Have u tried this link:

Soliman posts info. about Egyptian basketball there.

Hope I was able to help u out.
                      My name is mo3az soliman, the other one is Sherief Soliman a former Geziera player

Comment

My name is mo3az soliman, the other one is Sherief Soliman a former Geziera player
                        Oh ok. Thanks.

By the way when will Ismail Ahmad started playing with Ittihad?

With him back in Egypt the Egyptian league has regained one of their best players

Comment

• [QUOTE=Khalid80;298988] Oh ok. Thanks.

By the way when will Ismail Ahmad started playing with Ittihad?

With him back in Egypt the Egyptian league has regained one of their best players [/Q
                          After afro basket
                          Last edited by soliman; 09-17-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• I'm very interested! I would love to find out more inforamtion related to this topic. Thanks in advance.
                            me too, I need more detailed info
                            Tattoo removal cream | No laser and best prices and cost

Comment

• MY NAME IS JIMMY WILLIAMS IM 6'5 GUARD LOOKIN TO PLAY IN EGYPT OR MIDDLE EAST

game film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2E60QO3xw8- HIGH LIGHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3yOZ...ature=related- ppba palenstine league
                              # six in the white jersery scored the first basket as soon as the film comes on
                              Send

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoID=45410612- number 10 in the white jesery the big guard bringing up the ball. i missed the first three when the film first comes on. you will see how i play the point guard postion and how i run a team and good passes and scorering.

if u want to know more about me as a player u can email the scout for palenstine tamara awartani she is the writer for euro basket and help players get jobs in palenstine.
                              JIMMY WILLIAMS basketball profile by: Eurobasket

Height: 196cm / 6'5''
                              Position: Combo Guard 1,2,3
                              Born: 1986
                              Team: Ibdaa D. (Palestine) (2009-09)
                              Nationality: USA

College: Alders.-Broad.
                              Previous teams:
                              Galgos T. (Mexico)
                              Amsterdam (USA-Eurobasket)
                              Jimmy Williams Basketball Career

Jimmy Williams
                              Born: May 27, 1986
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Outlook:
                              6'5 Combo/Guard Can play the one or two,three good long range, and mid range shooter. Smart player expose Great knowledge of the game. Have an all around game great rebounder for a guard, and have good court vision. Able to guard a one two or three. Also Able to create his own shot. Good one on one player, good at using screens, and can post smaller guards.
                              Career:
                              Chicago, IL John A. Logan C.C.: 16ppg 7rpg 3apg
                              2004-2005: North Lawndale High School, Chicago, Ill. 22 ppg, 5 rpg, 3 apg, left school as the all-time leading scorer
                              2005-2006: Independence CC (NJCAA) 10 ppg, 3.1 apg
                              2006-2007: Alderson-Broaddus (NCAA2)10ppg 5rpg 4apg
                              2007-2008: Alderson-Broaddus (NCAA2): 15.0ppg, 8.0rpg, 3.0apg
                              2008: Team Amsterdam (Eurobasket Summer League in Chicago, starting five): 17 ppg 4apg 8rpg
                              2008-2009: Tijuana Galgos (Mexico-LNBP, starting five): : 13.5ppg, 2.5rpg, 1.0spg, left in Dec.'08, in Feb.'09 moved to Ibdaa Dheisheh (Palestine-PBBA): 34.8ppg, 10.6rpg, 4.1apg
                              Awards/Achievements:
                              Chicago H.S. Thanksgiving Tournament MVP -04
                              Illinois high school class A All-state second team-04
                              Chicago prep conference player of the year-04
                              Chicago High School all city team-04
                              NJCAA First team All-Conference and First team All-Region -07
                              WVIAC Regular Season Champion -07
                              WVIAC Tournament Finalist -07
                              NCAA tournment All east regon team -08
                              Two time WVIAC player of the week -08
                              All-Eurobasket Summer League in Chicago 2nd Team -08
                              WVIAC Regular Season Runner-Up -08
                              WVIAC Tournament Winner -08
                              WVIAC All-Tournament Team -08
                              All-WVIAC Honorable Mention -08
                              Voted by asia basket as the best import player -09
                              most voulable player in the palenstine basketball league by asia basket-09
                              Best game 47 points 16 rebounds and 5 ast against Sarriyet-09
                              Pbba League champion-09

EMAIL-WILLIAMJIMMY2003@YAHOO.COM

Comment

• ZAMALEK SIGNED (IVAN JENKINS 6,2 G/ KHALED MOSTAFA 6,3 G / MOHAMED EHAB G / mohamed yousrie 6,6 F / OMAR YASSER 6,8 F / MARK AZIZ 6,8 F /KAIDAR HENDAWY 6,9 F/ AHMED ORABY 6,9 C

GEZIRA (BREWER HONDRY 7,0/TAREK ELSAAID 6,7-F/ WAEL BADR 6,3-G)

SMOUHA (TAYRON ANDERSON 6,3-G/ SAMIR GOUDA 7,2-C/ IBRAHIM ELADAWY 7,0-C/ KHALED HAMDY 6,1-G/ STEVEN BADR F)

ITTIHAD (ISMAIL AHMED 6,8-F/ CHUDNEY GRAY 6,2 G)

AHLY (HAITHAM ELSAAID 6,3G)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information