X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinamita
    its friday... Gian's first game..
    Nope. its not Gian's first game. it will be between Swarthmore College going up against Haverford College.

Gian's first game will be on Nov. 21(wed in Phi, thurs in U.S) against Thomas More College.

Comment

Originally posted by chokois
      In my humble opinion, of the 3 Philippine-Born Cagers playing for some US schools (Japeth, Gian, Jericho), i can see the greatest potential for Gian Chiu.. I dont know but I think Gian will definitely be one of the finest Bballers in the Philippines in the next 4 years or so. :-)
      I think not. Gian's priority isn't basketball, his first ambition is to be a doctor. So after 4 years, he will still be in school of medicine and we all know that med school takes away a lot of your time especially when you do your internship in the hospital. so my guess is that Aguilar has the good chance to be one of the greatest player in the Philippines.

Comment

Originally posted by Project_Olympics
        gregory slaughter, gian chiu, eman samigue, naturalized player, asi taulava, etc...
        whoooo hoooo! big men at last!
        You forgot Japeth Aguilar SF/PF...And a BIG MAYBE in a about 2-3years the 6'11 J. DeGuzman. If we can find him...

Oh Take Tualava of that list. He'll be almost 40 in for the 2012 olympics.
        THE BEST KEPT SECRET
        -BALL TIL i FALL-

Comment

Originally posted by geo
          I think not. Gian's priority isn't basketball, his first ambition is to be a doctor. So after 4 years, he will still be in school of medicine and we all know that med school takes away a lot of your time especially when you do your internship in the hospital. so my guess is that Aguilar has the good chance to be one of the greatest player in the Philippines.
          Gians goal is to finish his studies and play for RP national team...

I asked him on myspace about his plans playing in RP and he told me that he's just waiting for them to call him...

He was gonna play on the recent 3 on 3 games but they didnt call him back.. He got permission from his HS coach but too bad nobody call him back..

Comment

There is a game tonight, Nov 16: Oberlin against Swathmore at 8 pm American time(central or eastern time?) then Haverford College versus Oberlin college tommorow , Nov 17:

Live statistics will be available here:

Originally posted by chokois
            Nope. its not Gian's first game. it will be between Swarthmore College going up against Haverford College.

Gian's first game will be on Nov. 21(wed in Phi, thurs in U.S) against Thomas More College.
            Last edited by pachador; 11-16-2007, 09:11 PM.
            =========================================
            Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita
              Gians goal is to finish his studies and play for RP national team...

I asked him on myspace about his plans playing in RP and he told me that he's just waiting for them to call him...

He was gonna play on the recent 3 on 3 games but they didnt call him back.. He got permission from his HS coach but too bad nobody call him back..
              Tell Gian a lot of people would like to see him play Basketball first. If he's good enough, he can earn a good living from it, much like he would if he becomes a Doctor. He can always try to be a doctor later, after his playing days are over.
              Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

lets just respect his decision..

whatever it is...

he's still playing basketball pa naman eh...so no need to worry....

Comment

game has started na click the 2nd link:

Originally posted by pachador
                  There is a game tonight, Nov 16: Oberlin against Swathmore at 8 pm American time(central or eastern time?) then Haverford College versus Oberlin college tommorow , Nov 17:

Live statistics will be available here:

http://acadweb.swarthmore.edu/wp/ath...uinox-classic/
                  Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

Halftime of the Swarthmore-Oberlin game: Gian hasn't scored yet, having picked up two quick fouls in the first half.
                    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Both Swathmore and Haverford colleges are ranked by a coaches poll in the top 10 of the so-called Centennial conference:

2007-08 Centennial Conference Pre-Season Coaches/SID Poll

Rank Team (first place votes) Points
                      1. Ursinus (5) 137
                      2. Gettysburg (5) 136
                      3. Haverford (4) 121
                      4. Johns Hopkins 111
                      5. Franklin & Marshall (2) 100
                      6. Dickinson (2) 89
                      7. Swarthmore 66
                      8. McDaniel 65
                      9. Muhlenberg 55
                      10. Washington 20

Comment

Originally posted by bestkept
                        imagine having samigue eman, gian chui, japeth aguilar, greg slaughter, naturalized sam ekwe and another Filipino guy 6'9" that i forgot the name in the national team, we can now compete against the taller guys. we would never run out of tall centers in FIBA games..
                        Yup, a tall national team built around a core of natural centers..........

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111
                          Tell Gian a lot of people would like to see him play Basketball first. If he's good enough, he can earn a good living from it, much like he would if he becomes a Doctor. He can always try to be a doctor later, after his playing days are over.
                          That's the problem when you're too gifted with the height and the brains, you can't make up your mind. Good thing his mother affectionately calls him... Ang pogi ng anak ko... (my son is handsome)... I guess this is the same as for everyone else....

Wala kokontra, magagalit at papakulam ka ng nanay ko...(don't argue, you'll be plagued with a mother's curse/wrath.)

Comment

Oberlin Stats as of 15:07 left in 2nd Half with Swarthmore leading Oberlin 45-35

SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

10:03 left Swarthmore leads Oberlin 56-43.

Gian Chiu, 0-6 from the field, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 3 tournovers, 1 block, 3 fouls in 18 minutes of action....
                              SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Make it 0-6 from the field and three fouls. At least he got one block. Oh well.

Their other freshman F/C, Ryan Magiera, is playing solid basketball right now. Too bad Swarthmore is connecting with their shots.
                                Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information