Situation after Visa suspensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Situation after Visa suspensions?

As you might have heard the US suspended visa applications for Turkish citizens and as a counter move Turkey did the same for US citizens. In such case what will happen when EU teams with US players come to Turkey? Will US players be allowed in? If not what will happen? I can understand that a team may not travel to Turkey if their US players are not allowed, if this will be the case what is most likely to happen?

PS: Dont really want to get in political discussions, just curious of the basketball related outcomes.
    la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

Originally posted by surfer View Post
    As you might have heard the US suspended visa applications for Turkish citizens and as a counter move Turkey did the same for US citizens. In such case what will happen when EU teams with US players come to Turkey? Will US players be allowed in? If not what will happen? I can understand that a team may not travel to Turkey if their US players are not allowed, if this will be the case what is most likely to happen?

PS: Dont really want to get in political discussions, just curious of the basketball related outcomes.
    I'm sure a "special solution" will be come up with
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
      I'm sure a "special solution" will be come up with
      exactly, sadly regular not important people will be the one to suffer, the others will have a way
      Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Our press writes today that women's club "Nadezhda" will play in Turkey without 3 americans. Really it might be a funny situation if the same goes on in the EL Fener for the champion!

Comment

Originally posted by iraz View Post
          Our press writes today that women's club "Nadezhda" will play in Turkey without 3 americans. Really it might be a funny situation if the same goes on in the EL Fener for the champion!
          I was fearing about that. If teams like Madrid, Cska, Barcelona and Pao would make an application to EL Turkish teams may have to play their home games in neutral arenas, maybe in Germany? Because I don't think power houses will settle for leaving their US players behind and EL will not be able to force them to go on and play without US players. Things may get complicated.
          la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

Comment

OK there's an update. It seems athletes can get Visa if they apply for it from the Turkish consulate in the country where they professionaly work and it seems there's no Turkish consulate in Nadezhda and players did not want to go to Moscow for visa application, instead they wanted to try their luck and they were returned from the gate. So there should be no problem for EL teams I gues.

Comment

Thanks for the info, bro! I haven't seen such explanations in our press. They only write Turkish Ministry of sport will help sportsmen. Well, it turns out that after all the future is not that bright for Fener

Comment

Originally posted by iraz View Post
                Thanks for the info, bro! I haven't seen such explanations in our press. They only write Turkish Ministry of sport will help sportsmen. Well, it turns out that after all the future is not that bright for Fener

I was secretly wondering if Efes had a chance if Real's Americans couldn't make it. then realized the ones that matter are actually Slovenian and Azeri!
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

it was nadezhdas fault.
                  this wont happen again.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information