Utenos Juventus Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utenos Juventus Thread

We don't have a thread dedicated to Utenos Juventus. None of the players have played for the national team. They were LKL bronze champions in 2015. This year, they won a bronze medal at the King Mindaugas Cup. Here is their current roster for the 2017-18 season:

C Mindaugas Kupsas, LaRon Marquise Tarell Dendy
    PF Karolis Guscikas, Carl Lindbom
    SF Arvydas Siksnius, Jonte Flowers
    SG Simas Buterlevicius, Laurynas Samenas, Tautvydas Paliukenas
    PG Anthony Ireland

Proud to be a BC Vilniaus Rytas fan, a part of the LKL fan community, and a fan for the Lithuanian National Men's Basketball Team

#KartuMesRYTAS

So Juventus took Rytas to the limit Wednesday in the Karaliaus Mindaugo tournament but went down in the end 91-88.

Comment

So here's the 2020-21 team that thrashed Rytas in the Karaliaus Mindaugo tournament and ended up taking the Bronze:

C - Mindaugas Kupšas, Vaidas Čepukaitis, Redas Šukšta
      PF - Žygimantas Skučas, Vytautas Šulskis
      SF - Ignas Vaitkus, Gintautas Matulis
      SG - Martynas Gecevičius, Marius Runkauskas
      PG - Vaidas Kariniauskas, Bryant Crawford , Martynas Žvirblis

Juventus is currently 14-6 in the LKL and looks to be a medal threat this year.

Only two players remain from the 2017-18 club though. I hate the turnover of players in European sports leagues.

Last edited by Hepcat; 04-13-2021, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post

I hate the turnover of players in European sports leagues.

Its just that. Stupid Europeans. Making more money or less.
        And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

So with Jonava's season having come to a successful conclusion in the NKL, Aurimas Urbonas has now joined Juventus. He thus joins fellow Team LT 3x3 candidates Gintautas Matulis, Žygimantas Skučas, Vytautas Šulskis and Ignas Vaitkus on Juventus' roster.

Comment

Every year i have different one or two teams in LKL that I like to watch- this year that happens to be Utena and Siauliai . Klaipeda and Prienai were ones in some other previous seasons .
            Absolutely least favourite is Alytus , for many years .
            Utena managed to get ridiculous amount of above average LKL players , some in twilight , still ...
            Kariniauskas gave them a spark and yet this team is with very real ceiling of limited capabilities .
            Urbonas in a way is the strongest , yet , somehow weakest link of this team as well .
            Yes , they crushed Lrytas in KML but then sort of faded away , where as Lrytas went from strength to strength afterwards.
            Shame as they aren't really developing any young kids , bar having them nominally on the roster.
            Also , dabbing into 3x3 during LKL season seems a bit rash .
            But that's a small town team for you. And a good one at that
            And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

So with Vaidas Kariniauskas suffering what looks to be a serious hand injury, it's a good thing that Juventus just added Aurimas Urbonas from Jonavos CBet to the roster.

But who else might Juventus now try to add for its playoff run? Žygimantas Janavičius from Neptūnas seems to be the most obvious choice since Neptūnas is going nowhere. Or perhaps Domantas Vilys from Nevėžis? Or Edvinas Šeškus whose NKL season with Jonava has ended?

Or will Juventus just call on Martynas Gecevičius to play more PG? He does dish off his share of assists.

Comment

Juventus really is in a bad way when it comes to its guard contingent which is severely depleted right now. I understand that both Bryant Crawford and Aurimas Urbonas are injured. The team is therefore down to two healthy guards, Martynas Gecevičius and Marius Runkauskas. And Runkauskas hasn't impressed anyone for years.

Last edited by Hepcat; 04-21-2021, 04:59 AM.

Comment

So with Vaidas Kariniauskas suffering what looks to be a serious hand injury, it's a good thing that Juventus just added Aurimas Urbonas from Jonavos CBet to the roster.

But who else might Juventus now try to add for its playoff run? Žygimantas Janavičius from Neptūnas seems to be the most obvious choice since Neptūnas is going nowhere. Or perhaps Domantas Vilys from Nevėžis? Or Edvinas Šeškus whose NKL season with Jonava has ended?

Or will Juventus just call on Martynas Gecevičius to play more PG? He does dish off his share of assists.

Neptunas won't sell Janavicius, it's not obvious, but more like impossible choice. Klaipeda are fighting for PO. Nevezis probably could let Vilys go, cause it agents club and money matter the most, but Vilys won't help much. Maybe they'll add someone from NKL, maybe will stay with current team, they has couple of days to decide until deadline

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                    Nevezis probably could let Vilys go, cause it agents club and money matter the most, but Vilys won't help much.
                    My thinking is that Domantas Vilys was seen as having some potential as a junior, but it's tough to play really well on a team such as Nevėžis that's lousy. I mean as a PG to whom are you going to dish out assists when your teammates can't score? Moreover how can you be motivated to become the best that you can be when your team management doesn't care about winning? Vilys might therefore benefit enormously from switching to a club that's really trying to go places, i.e. the LKL medal podium.

Comment

Kariniauskas Gintvainis Kazakauskas Barefield and Luz had/have no problems finding players for assists
                      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

My thinking is that Domantas Vilys was seen as having some potential as a junior, but it's tough to play really well on a team such as Nevėžis that's lousy. I mean as a PG to whom are you going to dish out assists when your teammates can't score? Moreover how can you be motivated to become the best that you can be when your team management doesn't care about winning? Vilys might therefore benefit enormously from switching to a club that's really trying to go places, i.e. the LKL medal podium.

In club like Nevezis your motivation is to show off yourself and sign some better deal somewhere. Having agents running the club is also a bonus. That is what attracts players to sign there. Some promising youngsters with possible NBA future, some players with Olympics experience coming there to ball and raise value, redeem themselves and etc. Otherwise chances to see such players in Kedainiai would be close to none. All of them are ready to move somewhere for more lucrative deal even in ongoing season.
                        Also Nevezis has debts, so that's priority for now for owners. Results matter of course, the better club will do, the better chances for club/players to sign/sell them

Comment

It's Martynas Paliukenas from 5th team in Polish League
                          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

So now Martynas Gecevičius is out for two to three weeks with a torn shin(calf?) muscle. he'll not be available for the first round of the playoffs. While Aurimas Urbonas is back, Bryant Crawford is still out.

It certainly looks like Utena won't be going anywhere in the playoffs. Maybe they could consider releasing three of their forwards to the Team Lietuva 3x3 camp.

Comment

So I see that Bryant Crawford was back in action today - and Juventus is therefore still in the hunt for third place and a better playoff seeding in the LKL. Pity the team's backcourt is so sparse. With Mindaugas Kupšas, Vaidas Čepukaitis, Žygimantas Skučas, Ignas Vaitkus, Gintautas Matulis and Vytautas Šulskis their frontcourt is a veritable wrecking crew.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information