No announcement yet.

Boston Celtics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermaine O'Neal has opted for surgery on his left wrist. O'Neal will miss the remainder of the season.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• ESPN Reports that the Boston Celtics are interested in signing center Mehmet Okur, who was released recently by the Portland Trailblazers.
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

• The Boston Celtics are also linked to free agent center Ryan Hollins, who was recently waived by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

• The Boston Celtics have signed center Ryan Hollins.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Pietrus suffered this horrific fall during last night's loss against the Philadelphia 76ers and is hospitalized with a concussion and head trauma.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Head coach Doc Rivers said that he hopes Kevin Garnett will re-sign with the Boston Celtics in the offseason.

Rivers: We ‘Absolutely’ Want Garnett Back
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

• The Boston Celtics winning against the Washington Wizards behind the career night of Avery Bradley who scored a career high 32 points. Paul Pierce added 21 points in the endeavor.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

• It has been a rough climb for the Boston Celtics, but they are now tied with the Philadelphia 76ers for first place in the Atlantic Division. Both teams are currently 28-22.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Former Boston Celtics great Don Nelson will be inducted into the 2012 Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Class. Nelson won five titles with the Celtics in 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976. Nelson won three championships playing with the great Bill Russell.

Nelson, in game 7 of the 1969 NBA finals, rimmed a shot that flew several feet into the air before sinking back into the hoop to give the Celtics a 103-102 win over the Los Angeles Lakers lead by Elgin Baylor, Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain. It was an irony as Nelson played two seasons with the Lakers from 1963-1965.

After Russell's retirement, Nelson alongside John Havlicek teamed up to win two more championships for the franchise. Nelson retired in 1976 and went on to coach in the league. Winning coach of the year honors in the years 1983, 1985 and 1992.

Nelson's jersey #19 were retired by the Celtics. One of his memorable coaching exploits were in the first round of the 2007 NBA playoffs where his eigth seeded Golden State Warriors upset the first seeded and his former club, the Dallas Mavericks.

On April 7, 2010, Nelson passed Lenny Wilkens for first place on the all-time NBA wins list with 1,333 wins. His all-time record is 1,335-1,063.

An enshrinement that is well deserved.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Boston Celtics head coach Doc Rivers holds no opposition over his son, Austin Rivers of DUKE declaring for the NBA 2012 Draft. Rivers will not also be surprised if his son ended up landing with the Celtics.

Doc Rivers knows that son Austin may be available to Celtics in NBA Draft
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

• well don

Well done! I especially like that

Comment

• Avery Bradley has been playing well as of late. In the stretches where Ray Allen was out of the lineup, Bradley started. Now that Allen is back in the starting lineup, Bradley is a much welcome scorer as a reserve.

Celtics would be wise to keep Bradley for long term.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Kevin Garnett was named Eastern Conference Player of the Week.

The Boston Celtics are peaking just the right time.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Paul Pierce (2002)

Paul Pierce (2012)

Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Kevin Garnett said after the Boston Celtics clinched the top of the Atlantic Division.

"You guys called us old, over. I heard some of your pathetic articles and some of your lousy announcers (scans group of reporters with his eyes). It’s a pity. Obviously you don’t know what drives us. We thank ya’ll for those articles, appreciate it because it lit a fire under. One of the hardest things I’ve always said in this league is to create chemistry. I know at some point we all, as a unit, would get a rhythm and ride that rhythm out. I think that’s what you’ve seen since the All-Star Break. We’ve come back, refreshed, focused. Like I said, haven’t had a lot of practice time to implement a system of schemes, but we do have a core here and what you’ve seen up until this point to obviously come to a point to where we’ve won the division is not only confidence, but believing in that system and believing in that rhythm and riding that rhythm out. Like I’ve always said since I’ve been here, you can rewind the tapes right now. Different outfit, no scarf, same frames, that in order to build chemistry, it’s a process. You just don’t do that in one or two days. And we’re a very confident team, I’ve always said that. We never lack that. To be able to come and win your division is a huge thing. All those things combined is what you got today."
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information