Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest European player ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Here's my 12 of all time ;

Guards : Parker - Saras
    Forwards : Petrovic - Bodiroga - Stojakovic - Hedo - Kukoc - Nowitzki - Mehmet Okur
    Centers : Sabonis - P.Gasol - Divac
    That's what I call bias thinkings Nothing wrong with that, but I just wanted objective effort (off course purely objective view is also non-existant thing, but still). Saras, with all the love, was 8pts, 3assists player in the NBA and you like it or not that's the strongest league in the world. I picked Goran Dragic because he is the guy who can average 20pts for basically PO calibre NBA team. I'm not sure which other European PG could do that other than Parker, so I picked him. Now Bodiroga is good, but he never played in NBA. I don't think he's as good as my mentioned small forwards, Hedo as well. I think 4th best SF is Kirilenko, Mehmet Okur shouldn't be there also, IMO.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      That's what I call bias thinkings Nothing wrong with that, but I just wanted objective effort (off course purely objective view is also non-existant thing, but still). Saras, with all the love, was 8pts, 3assists player in the NBA and you like it or not that's the strongest league in the world. I picked Goran Dragic because he is the guy who can average 20pts for basically PO calibre NBA team. I'm not sure which other European PG could do that other than Parker, so I picked him. Now Bodiroga is good, but he never played in NBA. I don't think he's as good as my mentioned small forwards, Hedo as well. I think 4th best SF is Kirilenko, Mehmet Okur shouldn't be there also, IMO.
      Players like Jasikevicius, Papaloukas or Bodiroga couldn't adapt to NBA basketball, but that doesn't mean they can't perform well against the USA national teams or the NBA teams, they already did. They were doing the same things against them with no difficulty.
      As for Hedo, he carried his team Orlando to the NBA finals and he won the MIP award there.
      Okur is the same, he carried his team Utah in the NBA play-offs many times and he has been chosen as an NBA all-star.
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by okanial View Post
        Gasol is better in Europe Nowitzki is better in NBA Style.
        I completely disagree. If you put Pau on the German teams he's not winning much either. Now put Dirk on the Spanish teams and I think they'll win just as much if not more. Similarly if you put Nowitzki on those Laker teams with Kobe I think they are even stronger. And finally if you put Pau on Dallas they never win a title and get to another NBA finals like they did with Dirk. Nowitzki over Gasol in just about every way in my opinion.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Players like Jasikevicius, Papaloukas or Bodiroga couldn't adapt to NBA basketball, but that doesn't mean they can't perform well against the USA national teams or the NBA teams, they already did. They were doing the same things against them with no difficulty.
          It is one thing to make blanket statements based on a handful of games like once or twice in an international competion and compare that to guys who made a living consistently doing it for years.

Comment

As for Hedo, he carried his team Orlando to the NBA finals and he won the MIP award there.
            Dude are you serious ? Turkoglu carried his team to the finals ? On what planet ? Dwight Howard was the key player on that team by a mile. Turkoglu was the third leading scorer on that team in the regular season and playoffs. He was the second best player ahead of Lewis in my opinion on the team but please a little reality check is in order.

What in the world is the Mip award ? Is that the most important Turkish player award ?

Okur carried the Jazz not Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer ?
            I think Straight Forward was right, you're blinded by bias.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
              What in the world is the Mip award ? Is that the most important Turkish player award ?
              Most Improved Player.

Originally posted by usagre View Post
              Dude are you serious ? Turkoglu carried his team to the finals ? On what planet ? Dwight Howard was the key player on that team by a mile. Turkoglu was the third leading scorer on that team in the regular season and playoffs. He was the second best player ahead of Lewis in my opinion on the team but please a little reality check is in order.

Howard and Lewis were just the scorers, they were not using the tough shots and they were not setting the game right. Turkoglu was the leader of the team in both defense and offense.

Okur carried the Jazz not Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer ?
              I think Straight Forward was right, you're blinded by bias.
              Again, I never said they did it alone, they carried their teams, of course you needed the second and third men on the field, even Jordan had Pippen...

Okur was the Moneyman, he did all the tough shots and won the critical games.
              Last edited by Tevfik1907; 06-04-2017, 08:40 PM.
              FENERBAHÇE
              --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
              --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

Dude are you serious ? .
                Who do you think is the best Euro SF of all time? Would it be Stojakovic, Detlef Schrempf, Kukoc, Kirilenko, other?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Who do you think is the best Euro SF of all time? Would it be Stojakovic, Detlef Schrempf, Kukoc, Kirilenko, other?
                  I think you nailed your entire 12 man team. I agree with all of it except I would probably swap out Navarro with Marc Gasol at the back end of the team. I would probably take Stojakovic because at his best he was an elite scorer in the NBA. Schrempf and Kukoc were similar do a little of everything players and Kirilenko was an elite defender but I would probably go with your order as well.

Comment

Howard and Lewis were just the scorers, they were not using the tough shots and they were not setting the game right. Turkoglu was the leader of the team in both defense and offense.

Okur was the Moneyman, he did all the tough shots and won the critical games.
                    Howard was a scorer ? Actually defensively is where he dominated back then. And to anyone in the world whose not Turkish, Okur was clearly the third best player on those Jazz teams after Williams and Boozer.

I am starting to think that Turkish television might have edited the games played when Turkoglu and Okur's teams played because your observations are ridiculous.

Comment

I think you nailed your entire 12 man team.
                      Would be very interesting to see Parker, Petrovic, Stojakovic, Nowitzki, Sabonis going against Magic, Jordan, Lebron, Duncan, Careem. Arguably best Euros 5 against best NBA pros 5. One thing for sure, Euro team would be so much more better shooting team

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Would be very interesting to see Parker, Petrovic, Stojakovic, Nowitzki, Sabonis going against Magic, Jordan, Lebron, Duncan, Careem. Arguably best Euros 5 against best NBA pros 5. One thing for sure, Euro team would be so much more better shooting team
                        That American team would be too athletic and dominant defensively for the Euros. A better matchup would be against a less athletic American team.

Maybe

Stockton
                        Reggie Miller
                        Chris Mullin
                        Larry Bird
                        Kevin McHale

Less athletic and defensive ability but could match Euros in shooting.

Comment

• Giannis has potential to be the best Euro SF ever out there.
                          1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                            Giannis has potential to be the best Euro SF ever out there.
                            Forget that he has the potential to be the best Euro regardless of position ever.

Comment

• Antetokounmpo has a great potential, but I don't think he can surpass Parker or Nowitzki.

I am starting to think that Turkish television might have edited the games played when Turkoglu and Okur's teams played because your observations are ridiculous.
                              I think you're seeing only what you want to see, both Hedo and Okur was the leading members of their teams like being one of the best out of 2 or 3, which is more than enough. As I said before, even Jordan had Pippen, Lebron had Wade+Bosh and then Kyrie Irving. I never said they did alone, I said they carried their team that doesn't mean doing it all alone.
                              Last edited by Tevfik1907; 06-05-2017, 09:09 AM.
                              FENERBAHÇE

Comment

• When Speaking of SF, there is no dilemma that it is Stojakovic vs Kukoc debate. Giannis has a chance to surpass (and probably will if he improves his shooting) both, but as of now he is behind both of them. I think that in many cases Stojakovic was more prolific than Kukoc BUT I would always pick Kukoc as the best European SF of all time. Kukoc was a monster as a 18 year old, won 3 EL titles with Jugoplastika as the leading player, then took Benetton team to another EL final which he lost in a surprise defeat to Limoges.

He was an integral part of the Bulls dinasty. His numbers and legacy suffered due to his status in that superteam, if he was playing in another franchise he was able to be the lead guy easily and his numbers would be nearing Nowitzki/Gasol/Parker group. He also redefined the position, a multi-talented all around forward that can shoot, dribble, create, finish at the rim everything. Toni Kukoc is a beast, that unfortunately didn't get a chance to be a lead man in that NBA. In today's NBA he would've been a centerpiece on some franchise.
                                Last edited by CoachZ; 06-05-2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information