Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest European player ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Picek
    Parker's NBA final MVP is a reward that should be admired 'cause he won NBA ring and a personal award..
    Dirk won nothing..
    unfortunately for him they are not giving rewards for "best bricks when it matters" or rewards for "best freezes" etc.
    Parker took all these awards in EC's
    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Arvydas Macijauskas

Comment

Originally posted by KokkinosVasilias
        Arvydas Macijauskas
        there is real possibility. He's only 27 and already has a nice achievements. If you would look to Saras and Siska you would see that those players made most of their biggest victories being over 27. Who knows maybe Macas will win everything 5 seasons in a row
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward
          there is real possibility. He's only 27 and already has a nice achievements. If you would look to Saras and Siska you would see that those players made most of their biggest victories being over 27. Who knows maybe Macas will win everything 5 seasons in a row
          Not to mention that all the fame he has earned and the achievementes he has made were up to the age of 25!

the last two years of his carrer not only he didnt make steps forward but he made leaps back!

so far he seems to has fully recover from his injury and to be in great shape

Comment

I've been wondering that question too 4 years.I'm between Petrovic and Sabonis.I haven't seen Petrovic play as much I've seen Sabas, but the fact that he succeeded in the NBA in an era when few europeans could even think of going there is a huge accomplishment, I would say bigger 2 Dirk's MVP last season.Sabonis on the other hand dominated Europe before going overseas rather old, at 31.Yet he did pretty well there considering his age and his injuries.I always admired Sabonis while I didn't like Drazen's perceived arrogance, therefore I would vote 4 Sabonis, although I consider them equal.

P.S.My personal favorite, whom I would list in the top 5, was always Toni Kukoc.I'd like 2 have seen him play live even once...
            Your time is up my time is now,
            you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

The best four Europeans of all time:

1) Dirk Nowitzki
              2) Drazen Petrovic
              3) Nikos Galis
              4) Tony Kukoc

Comment

I'd go for:
                Guards: Nikos Galis & Drazen Petrovic
                Forwards: Dejan Bodiroga & Toni Kukoc
                Center: Arvydas Sabonis
                I've got a theory that if you give a 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

1.Drazen Petrovic
                  2.Arvydas Sabonis
                  3.Sarunas Marciulionis
                  4.Dirk Nowitzki
                  5.Toni Kukoc

ps. Ricky Rubio gonna be at least No.3 in this rank in the future or even the best ever. We will see one day.

Comment

I would say you can't really compare, but to me, even if my knowledge of Euro ball before 2000 is very low, I would say Petrovic, for the same reasons I would prefer Rudy over Marc...
                    Just, humanly normal body... And, well, he may have been better scorer than Schmitt, but was better surounded.
                    Another great scorer on the OG scene was the South Korean who beat France by himself a few decades ago.
                    To come back to Petrovic, well, he was the only guy who believed he would beat the dream team by himself and could lead his country over them in the middle of the game. What Kukoc, Radja and co would have done without him? They were very talented, but, Petrovic was at Jordan and co's level, as are today the Nowitzkis at the top level of basketball in the world, whatever the little rules changes. Sabonis was lowered by injuries, maybe without it...
                    It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Dejan Bodiroga

Comment

Anyone that dies in their prime is always going to be remembered as a legend- Petrovic. James Dean. Marilyn monroe...and so on...

So, we can't really base him as best player from Europe of all time.

Now, I'm a little confused because are we talking about players that have made an impact in Europe or NBA???

If Europe: Dejan Bodiroga.
                        I don't think anyone can argue with that.

NBA:

Dirk Nowitzki

Say what you want but this guy is a legend and MVP.
                        Of course you can add players like Drazen, Toni, Peja, Ilgauskas, Sabonis, Divac, and so on.........

But Dirk to me is the best of all. Plus, none of those other players have won MVP with Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Shaq, T-Mac, Nash and all those other hall of famers in the league.

I don't know what kind of impact Danilovic made in NBA but he made a big one in Europe.

Comment

For me is Bodiroga. Not athletic but can do everything type of player. Wherever he went, he won. Great clutch performer and real leader. He only missed the Olympic gold medal. We all have our favorites and bunch of players from different era's could be considered as the best ever .
                          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DelijaZauvjek
                            Anyone that dies in their prime is always going to be remembered as a legend- Petrovic. James Dean. Marilyn monroe...and so on...

So, we can't really base him as best player from Europe of all time.

Now, I'm a little confused because are we talking about players that have made an impact in Europe or NBA???

If Europe: Dejan Bodiroga.
                            I don't think anyone can argue with that.

NBA:

Dirk Nowitzki

Say what you want but this guy is a legend and MVP.
                            Of course you can add players like Drazen, Toni, Peja, Ilgauskas, Sabonis, Divac, and so on.........

But Dirk to me is the best of all. Plus, none of those other players have won MVP with Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Shaq, T-Mac, Nash and all those other hall of famers in the league.
                            they never won an MVP award because they played together with Jordan, Pippen, Robinson, Ewing, Malone, Stockton etc....
                            those were basketball players and not parts of marketing industry Lebron, Kobe, Wade, T-mac and others are..
                            Lebron is the most hyped player in the world.. in any sports.. what has he done to become that?
                            Wade? have you seen him play internationall basketball?
                            Kobe? what has he won after O'Neal left?
                            T-Mac? biggest loser and choker in NBA in last 10 years..
                            his team never got through first round of playoffs..
                            Nash? good yes, but not good enough..
                            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Sabonis is perfect, i know, but he's a pivot. You cannot say a pivot is the best european basketball player and this applies to Dirk and Gasol. Maybe most valuable player but not best basketball player. These guys have the advantage of being so tall. Few other players have both their height and their skill. That's why I vote for Drazen Petrovic. I remember some games in the 80s and he was a myth before his accident, he was a myth before going to the NBA, before going to Real Madrid. Man, he was the perfect player...

Comment

Dejan Bodiroga
                                there are also other players like Nick Galis,Sabonis,Kutluai,Nowitrzki,Stoyakovic,Drazen Petrovic,Dimitris Diamantidis,Kyrilenko,Vrankovic,Fragkiskos Alvertis,Dino Radja,Tony,Sarunas Jasikevicius could be number1
                                ΕΚΕΙ ΠΟΥ ΕΧΩ ΤΑΞΙΔΕΨΕΙ ΕΓΩ,ΜΑΖΙ ΜΕ ΤΟΝ ΠΑΝΑΘΗΝΑΙΚΟ...
                                Dejan Bodiroga oe oe oe...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information