No announcement yet.

[1/4 Finals] Slovenia - Latvia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet on Latvians.Will be very suprised if Slovenia will manage to win it.

Comment

Latvia wins this one. I think only Spain can stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by Liha View Post
        Latvia wins this one. I think only Spain can stop them.
        Latvia's frontcourt is a nightmare matchup for Spain. If we meet in the semis it's going to be a bloodfest on both sides of the court. On the other hand, Spain's backcourt will have a field day. If Ricky and Sergio carry forward the impressive performance they are showing up to this moment, I can see both teams scoring over 100 points.

I'm much less worried by Slovenia in this regard, even though they have experience on their side I think Spain matches up pretty well with them.

Of course, we've got quarterfinals first to worry about.

Comment

Semifinals will be Latvia's best record ever, not counting pre-USSR days (They have a gold and silver in 1935 & 39). Their chances are good. Their bench is clearly better than Slovenia.

Wikipedia says Slovenia has never beaten Latvia in Eurobaskets. 0-2 so far. (edit: FIBA says it's 2-2 actually)

after saying all these, Slovenia with Dragic is more convincing to me.
          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

uncertain and close game I believe, no favorites.

Comment

On paper it's easy win for Latvia. Porzingis is great rim protector and Dragic lives and dies attacking the rim. Timma looks to me the best Latvia's player and he will try to put pressure on Doncic, on defense and offense. I expect pretty dirty play from him. Roster wise Slovenia is not better than anybody in this Eurobasket, so it looks Latvia has all cards in their favor. But luckily for Slovenia games are not won on paper.
              Last edited by Killer Bob; 09-12-2017, 12:13 PM.
              previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                On paper it's easy win for Latvia. Porzingis is great rim protector and Dragic lives and dies attacking the rim. Timma looks to me the best Latvia's player and he will try to put pressure on Doncic, on defense and offense. I expect pretty dirty play from him. Roster wise Slovenia is not better than anybody in this Eurobasket, so it looks Latvia has all cards in their favor. But luckily for Slovenia games are not won on paper.
                yeah Slovenia is not better than anybody, just happens to have Dragic with all star level season behind him
                Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

my two favourite teams in this eurobasket. unfair one of them wont get a medal.

Comment

how to say 'pila naopako' on english?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeraCar View Post
                      yeah Slovenia is not better than anybody, just happens to have Dragic with all star level season behind him
                      But Dragic can't and didn't win important games by himself. Against Greece and France he had very good Doncic, Randolph in defense and for me most important man Kokoskov helping him. Dragic must do his part. But Kokoskov, Doncic and Randolph will be crucial. I'm not sure Doncic is mature enough for that kind off game. Timma vs. Doncic could be crucial and all experience is on Timma's side.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

I voted for Latvia because group A was the weakest of this tournament and all remaining teams will soon be eliminated.
                        You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
                          I voted for Latvia because group A was the weakest of this tournament and all remaining teams will soon be eliminated.
                          Oh please, take your negative energy back to Russia: Greece thread.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

Oh please, take your negative energy back to Russia: Greece thread.
                            I have a lot of positive energy!!!! But for Latvia not for Slovenia!
                            You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
                              I have a lot of positive energy!!!! But for Latvia not for Slovenia!
                              I'm sure Latvia is very thankful.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

But Dragic can't and didn't win important games by himself. Against Greece and France he had very good Doncic, Randolph in defense and for me most important man Kokoskov helping him. Dragic must do his part. But Kokoskov, Doncic and Randolph will be crucial. I'm not sure Doncic is mature enough for that kind off game. Timma vs. Doncic could be crucial and all experience is on Timma's side.
                                Doncic will show what kind of player he is today, he will dominate
                                Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information