37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Turkey (D4)

4 10.81%
  • Spain (C1)

33 89.19%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [1/8 Finals] Turkey - Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Obviously, shooting threes with 15% , you can't beat Spain.
    Turkey did a lot of things well, but missed too many shots.

Why Güler played all game? At least Navarro contributed a couple baskets.

The next plz
    BARÇA O MUERTE

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichMohr View Post
    Ugh i said that Rodríguez was productive than Rubio and now he scores two triples.
    Rubio probably doubled the ammount of 3s he've ever scored tonight but anyway Spain was the better team and it was obvious in the end. Anyway I am a Barcelona and Spain fan in basketball and football so I will cheer for you guys until the end of the tournament. Congrats for the win.
    Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Now, it's time for a cold beer or two and game of the day. Valiant effort by Turks, such a pitty that teams with higher ambition are not giving a chance to Sarica and he has to stroll around Karsiyaka and Besiktas, he deserves a bigger stage.

Spain played mostly like shit but in the end won, which is what matters the most. They had two really weak games so far in the tournament, but their ceiling is so high that anybody who plays them should disregard this performance and prepare for the worst...
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SaliH View Post
    Rubio probably doubled the ammount of 3s he've ever scored tonight but anyway Spain was the better team and it was obvious in the end. Anyway I am a Barcelona and Spain fan in basketball and football so I will cheer for you guys until the end of the tournament. Congrats for the win.
    U chose wisely
    BARÇA O MUERTE

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Now, it's time for a cold beer or two and game of the day. Valiant effort by Turks, such a pitty that teams with higher ambition are not giving a chance to Sarica and he has to stroll around Karsiyaka and Besiktas, he deserves a bigger stage.

Spain played mostly like shit but in the end won, which is what matters the most. They had two really weak games so far in the tournament, but their ceiling is so high that anybody who plays them should disregard this performance and prepare for the worst...
    He had a year with Efes in the begining of his career. Unless Perasovic reaches F4, he will take control of Efes next season.
    FENERBAHÇE 2017/2018

Sloukas - Dixon - Sinan
    Wanamaker - Guduric - Melih
    Datome - Nunnally - Egehan
    Melli - Kalinic - Barış
    Vesely - Thompson - Ahmet

Turkish knew very well what they needed to do to win. It was an ugly game, and once more they competed well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    Turkey did a lot of things well, but missed too many shots.

Why Güler played all game? At least Navarro contributed a couple baskets.
    Because Sipahi is his sub.

Turkey lacked quality and mental strength in the end but overall played very well. This game makes you wonder why is everyone just looking for the silver medalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Black.Mamba View Post
    He had a year with Efes in the begining of his career. Unless Perasovic reaches F4, he will take control of Efes next season.
    I know, I have been following for a long time but he didn't really have a chance there. Especially, as a young coach. He is now a coach with results and proven track record of getting a lot out of his players. If he had a team with Efes/Maccabi level budget (not top of the line, but midlevel) he would make a splash in Euroleague I am sure. He gameplans well, he can motivate players well as well. He does have problems in terms of game management a bit and seems to miss the moments for the timeout or a substitution, but all that can be learned.
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

but their ceiling is so high that anybody who plays them should disregard this performance and prepare for the worst...
    Or do the exact opposite of that and know that if you play tough you have an excellent chance. They're missing players like all other teams, they can't run now like they did years ago, the youngsters don't have the same killer instict.

Spain up by 20 is a much different team to Spain up by 2.

At least Turkey gave a simple lesson to to the next opponents... beat them up, kill the rythm, 5x5 sets. gongrats to Sarica! IMO first turkish coach that will write history in euroleague. hard to believe that Germany is cabable of doing that.

I know, I have been following for a long time but he didn't really have a chance there. Especially, as a young coach. He is now a coach with results and proven track record of getting a lot out of his players. If he had a team with Efes/Maccabi level budget (not top of the line, but midlevel) he would make a splash in Euroleague I am sure. He gameplans well, he can motivate players well as well. He does have problems in terms of game management a bit and seems to miss the moments for the timeout or a substitution, but all that can be learned.
    And he should reduce the nonsense technical fouls hes getting every game

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Because Sipahi is his sub.

Turkey lacked quality and mental strength in the end but overall played very well. This game makes you wonder why is everyone just looking for the silver medalist.

He was sharing the court with Sipahi for long stretches. I mean, no other player could contribute more than Güler in this do-or-die game? He basically run circles all game long and clanged a few shots. Which is basically what I expected from Navarro, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Or do the exact opposite of that and know that if you play tough you have an excellent chance. They're missing players like all other teams, they can't run now like they did years ago, the youngsters don't have the same killer instict.

Spain up by 20 is a much different team to Spain up by 2.
    You misunderstood my post. I didn't say "prepare for the worst" in terms of get ready to be blown out, but gameplan based on their best performance not their weak ones like this. Eliminate their strengths, force them to their 3rd and 4th options and hope to get a result in that choice. Because if you plan that Pau and Marc will not show up like tonight, you might end up getting wrecked. That is what I meant...
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Valexander View Post
    At least Turkey gave a simple lesson to to the next opponents... beat them up, kill the rythm, 5x5 sets. gongrats to Sarica! IMO first turkish coach that will write history in euroleague. hard to believe that Germany is cabable of doing that.
    Actually croatia did a much better game against us than turkey
    BARÇA O MUERTE

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijibo View Post
    Yes, but they got offensive quality. The only way for this Turkish team to have some chances was to slow the game down as much as they could and to be aggressive in defense, not letting the Gasol Bros to play comfy in the low post. So they should be given credit for that.

Why do you think that ? Because Croatia's current roster is above of Turkey right now. At Turkey's best, only with Dixon, Ersan and Asik they could compete and achieve the Quarter-finals or semi-finals...
    Last edited by Erkan12; 09-10-2017 at 10:09 PM. Reason: it seems some people don't know what it means ''finals''...

It was a pretty lifeless performance by Spaniards, but they just have that quality and experience to overcome the host in front of passionate fans without getting into a panic mode. We once again gave a good fight, but we are short of breath at the end. Chacho's buzzer at the end of the third quarter was a heartbreaking one, reduced our fever and Spain didn't allow us stepping up one more time. Congratulations. There are a lot of things to say about this Turkish NT, but I will make the evaluation later. The only thing I want to say that in our set plays, we are playing too spontaneous when the opponent shut down our moves, simply don't have second or third option in a set-play. Kind of disappointed with Sarıca in this sense. Offensive enrichment has always been his trademark coaching wise, maybe, we should take this as the matter of inferiority of this team on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    Why do you think that ? Because Croatia's current roster is above of Turkey right now. At Turkey's best, only with Dixon, Ersan and Asik they could compete and achieve the finals.
    Like, only Turkey is missing players in this tournament?
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

TBH didn't watch it. But still it was a group stage match. Besides looking at the rosters, Turkey had a really limited rotation in terms of quality, and Sarica, with the materials he had, he prepared the perfect gameplan.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast