Let's admit that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matiz
    lot of the teams Italy will face are dreaming about getting as efficient big man as Gigli in their team... so I guess that means: yes, Italy will play in Poland.
    if there will be EC in Poland....

Comment

Originally posted by NaF
      if there will be EC in Poland....
      isn't it already decided EC 09 is in Poland, or did I miss something out...
      troubles with organising it maybee?
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
        isn't it already decided EC 09 is in Poland, or did I miss something out...
        troubles with organising it maybee?

yes, there have been rumours about organisational problems and that FIBA might be looking to "sell" this event to another country.

Comment

Originally posted by NaF
          yes, there have been rumours about organisational problems and that FIBA might be looking to "sell" this event to another country.
          well, in case there r really problems, there is only one country that can organize the tournament at the last minute.the EC is always welcome here!
          prepare 4 the sequel of the "European Championship in BasketFall!:Greeks do it better"
          Your time is up my time is now,
          you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

Originally posted by NaF
            Any sources? Or just a bar trash talk?

Comment

Originally posted by Mag
              Any sources? Or just a bar trash talk?
              There were some rumours here in Lithuania, that Polish basketball federation was offering Lithuania to exchange with the years of organizing the European championship. Can't remember where and who mentioned it. The only thing I remember, that it was some functionaire from our basketball federation.

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas
                There were some rumours here in Lithuania, that Polish basketball federation was offering Lithuania to exchange with the years of organizing the European championship. Can't remember where and who mentioned it. The only thing I remember, that it was some functionaire from our basketball federation.
                This is not true! EC 2009 will be in Poland. We have arenas ready to play, and new like this for in Gdansk/Gdynia where will be 1st game (and also will be play Prokom Trefl Sopot) will be ready in 2008: Just look todays pictures from airplaine:

sashikas believe me - maybe Poland can have problems with football Euro2012, but now with basketball EC2009

Comment

yep, that was the case....i think there was quite a big article in Lithuanian BB sites about this, i remember only that Bulgarians were quite eager to see polish screwing up. Additional rumors came forward last week, when Lithuanian Prime Minister was meeting with FIBA president George Vassilakopoulos and Secretary General Nar Zanolin during Eurobasket. FIBA was concerned about preparations in Poland and Zanolin jokingly asked if Lithuania would like to organize the event earlier. Well maybe that was a joke, but common ......you dont make jokes about such things.

Anyway, dont worry polish friends. I hope everything will be okey. lithuanian fans already are making plans how they will occupy Poland in 2009

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
                    This is not true! EC 2009 will be in Poland. We have arenas ready to play, and new like this for in Gdansk/Gdynia where will be 1st game (and also will be play Prokom Trefl Sopot) will be ready in 2008: Just look todays pictures from airplaine:

sashikas believe me - maybe Poland can have problems with football Euro2012, but now with basketball EC2009
                    Relax, nobody is planning to take your chance to organize next Eurobasket. At least not Lithuania. We have enough of our problems, which certainly won't be solved till the first jumpball of EC'09.

Comment

Relax, nobody is planning to take your chance to organize next Eurobasket. At least not Lithuania. We have enough of our problems, which certainly won't be solved till the first jumpball of EC'09.
                      OK, Poland will have only problems with Euro2012... we didnt start build yet any arena and politics said that we can sold this tournament

Comment

Well, for me it would be better to "exchange" the tournaments ...

It is not so sure that the new arena in Gdańsk/Sopot would be ready for 2009 championships, there are also some problems with the new Łódź arena, Sopdek arena needs serious modernisation etc.

Poland is also preparing for Euro2012, this preparations may cause some problems: slow railways (modernisation of old infrastructure), totally jammed roads (I hope we would start to build some highways) and so on.

We also need some players to be born and trained to show good basketball at home

Anyway, see you in Poland, not necessarily on basket reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mag
                          Well, for me it would be better to "exchange" the tournaments ...

It is not so sure that the new arena in Gdańsk/Sopot would be ready for 2009 championships, there are also some problems with the new Łódź arena, Sopdek arena needs serious modernisation etc.
                          Hmmm, at least not with us We have only two big new arenas and one older (ough, don't remember, if Kauno Hale fits the requerments, probably yes)
                          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
                          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
                          MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
                          All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
                          All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
                          2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

the way fiba works like, we can always play european championship in 30 years old slovenian arenas in Tivoli/Ljubljana (4200), Tabor/Maribor(4500), Bonifika/Koper(4000) and Spodnji Duplek gym (50 or 60, forgot to count the seats)
                            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Mag
                              Remember that we still have arenas in Katowice, Wloclawek or Bydgoszcz So everything is OK EC2009 in POLAND !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information