Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA adopting NBA traveling rules

You guys hear much about this?

The people who complain about traveling in the NBA usually complain about a specific type of play: the gather step. Everyone knows and accepts that you can take two steps before passing or releasing the ball, but the NBA kind of, sort of gives you a third step — any strides you take while still in the process of catching the ball don’t count as one of your two.

Now FIBA — the International Basketball Federation that governs a majority of the European professional leagues — has adopted the same traveling rules as the NBA. Here are the specifics, as provided by FIBA.

Purpose: To have a common worldwide traveling rule that better reflects the actions on the court.

New wording:
    - While moving and having one foot on the floor while catching the ball or ending a dribble the next foot or feet to touch the floor is Step 1 and will become the pivot foot.

American imports will love this... hah...look at the tweets in the article.

I am sure some posters here are going to lose their minds over this

That's wonderful. Now all we need to do is start calling all those illegal moving screens and we'll be set.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Another good decision by FIBA.Move back the 3 point line as in NBA and we're set.

Comment

From October 1st, bummer.

Comment

Increasing the amount of games played and overall workload in a season along with allowing Nba players to compete in Fiba tournaments were the two key factors that helped European players narrow the gap with Americans in my opinion. Uniform rules like this will also be a huge factor and in the long run will only help narrow the gap even more.
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Here you can find a preview of what will change.
            Seems like a good move to me.
            Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

i think its good move, next thing should be longer court
              Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

now that is just awesome news...now freaks like Giannis will be able to dunk from the 3 point line without even worrying about making any extra steps While we're at it, why not ban the traditional FIBA zone too and make the game as simplistic as possilble for the popcorn eating casual fan to follow

Comment

Both sides have gone over the edge. NBA lets players run through whole court as long as they have a proper surname and # - which is completely idiotic
                  FIBA has gone into completely lunatic way of officiating, "where in doubt, whistle travel", especialy in the post with pivoting, whenever the defender applies his body well, there is no way on earth a normal player won't lose his balance and by Fiba officials standards that's a travel. And it's killing the game with interuptions, even in cases where the player that supposedly traveled, didn't achieve any advantage with it.
                  Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                  That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

It's an OK decision, as long as it is enforced. The problem with NBA always was that even this "loose" rule was not properly enforced. Players were taking 3 gather steps etc. All kinds of non-sense. For example the guy on madmax's avatar is the king of traveling. What kind of shit are they letting him get away with is just bullshit.

I don't see a big deal in unifying the rules and allowing the gather step AS LONG AS it is enforced after that gather step. If we are going to turn into NBA travel calling, that will be a disaster...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeraCar View Post
                      i think its good move, next thing should be longer court

nope. Wider.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information