Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tallest Filipino Basketball Players Ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That story about having 6'9" nephews, that's what we could call as, "Kwentong Barbero" in Tagalog, or Barbershop Stories. I sincerely doubt if any of it is true.

Probably just some attention-hungry jack@ss trying to impress other people.
    Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

• the only thing that can affirm the veracity of that claim is if someone can attest that there was really a game between balikbayan all stars against toyota before. i never heard of any exhibition games that was played before with the teams mentioned above. and lastly, if that person's statement is true, he could have written the lastnames of mark and dave.
      "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhk111
        That story about having 6'9" nephews, that's what we could call as, "Kwentong Barbero" in Tagalog, or Barbershop Stories. I sincerely doubt if any of it is true.

Probably just some attention-hungry jack@ss trying to impress other people.
        hehehehe they were even disgruntled by the influx of Fil-Fors in the PBA, while our own Robert Jaworski is considered a Fil-For is you look his ethnicity.
        you know why I am happy

Comment

• Originally posted by b3lowzro
          hehehehe they were even disgruntled by the influx of Fil-Fors in the PBA, while our own Robert Jaworski is considered a Fil-For is you look his ethnicity.
          jaworski is the one who led the senate inquiry about it to help marlou and jolas. he's dooming his kind that's why he never make it to the second term.
          "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Comment

• Originally posted by ankle breaker
            the only thing that can affirm the veracity of that claim is if someone can attest that there was really a game between balikbayan all stars against toyota before. i never heard of any exhibition games that was played before with the teams mentioned above. and lastly, if that person's statement is true, he could have written the lastnames of mark and dave.
            I read this before...their last name is fernando
            www.pbadraft.net
            facebook.com/Pbadraftnet
            twitter.com/PBADraftdotnet

"ONE MAN ARMY"

Comment

• Originally posted by ankle breaker
              jaworski is the one who led the senate inquiry about it to help marlou and jolas. he's dooming his kind that's why he never make it to the second term.
              it was the late senator robert barbers who led the senate inquiry
              <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

• Originally posted by logre23

is it really true that they are 6'9" and 6'10"?

Comment

• Originally posted by b3lowzro
                  As long as the Fil-fors are legit and considered citizens of the land, there should be no discrimination..It's another story if the guy is a sham
                  Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

• @rhk111

Is the 6'8" player from the south you mentioned was going to UST a Fil-foreign guy from Europe? Could this be the same fil-for guy i mentioned in the "new big guy" thread? Coz i just found out he is from Mindanao or at least his roots are but then he will have to sit out 2 seasons in the UAAP if that is the case

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by thadzonline
                      @rhk111

Is the 6'8" player from the south you mentioned was going to UST a Fil-foreign guy from Europe? Could this be the same fil-for guy i mentioned in the "new big guy" thread? Coz i just found out he is from Mindanao or at least his roots are but then he will have to sit out 2 seasons in the UAAP if that is the case
                      * The 6'8" guy I was thinking about was Joel Ambohot, but there were reports he is only 6'6"

* Yes, I think he will have to sit out 2 seasons in the UAAP if he completed high school in the US, or spent some years in college there. Forget about the UAAP, though. Its better for him to go to a NCAA school, where he will spend only a year at most of residency. Though the team is loaded on all positions already, the Red Lions could always use a quality big man.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhk111
                        * The 6'8" guy I was thinking about was Joel Ambohot, but there were reports he is only 6'6"

* Yes, I think he will have to sit out 2 seasons in the UAAP if he completed high school in the US, or spent some years in college there. Forget about the UAAP, though. Its better for him to go to a NCAA school, where he will spend only a year at most of residency. Though the team is loaded on all positions already, the Red Lions could always use a quality big man.
                        nope, he did not study in the US but I guess the same rule applies because he did not study in the Philippines either..We are recruiting him for USC in the CeSAFI though

I exchanged messages with bchoter at the gameface forums and he confirmed they do have an eye on a 6'9, 17 year old project but apparently the kid is MIA?

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by thadzonline
                          nope, he did not study in the US but I guess the same rule applies because he did not study in the Philippines either..We are recruiting him for USC in the CeSAFI though

I exchanged messages with bchoter at the gameface forums and he confirmed they do have an eye on a 6'9, 17 year old project but apparently the kid is MIA?
                          From what country?

As for that 6'9" player, until he surfaces, and can be verified independently, I would take it as just a grain of salt. 6'9" players in this basketball-crazy country of ours is not easy to hide. Also, I've learned that there are a lot of deception, smoke and mirrors going on when it comes to college recruitment.

Comment

• From what country?
                            classified information at this moment

As for that 6'9" player, until he surfaces, and can be verified independently, I would take it as just a grain of salt. 6'9" players in this basketball-crazy country of ours is not easy to hide. Also, I've learned that there are a lot of deception, smoke and mirrors going on when it comes to college recruitment.
                            well, at least, if ever the guy is for real we wont be seeing him for this season at least

Cebu Travel Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by logre23

Their father is named Bayani?
                              SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

• Quote:
                                Originally Posted by logre23

Originally posted by bolabasket
                                Their father is named Bayani?
                                hahahaha. they are good im sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information