Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tallest Filipino Basketball Players Ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C2Hamm
    loopholes rulez!

wasn't a loophole, jonathan canceran joined the RPYT when CESAFI was still CAAA wherein CAAA allow players from member schools to play in the NT. the rule was changed when CAAA was transformed to CESAFI.
    Mabuhay Team Pilipinas!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onizuka01
      wasn't a loophole, jonathan canceran joined the RPYT when CESAFI was still CAAA wherein CAAA allow players from member schools to play in the NT. the rule was changed when CAAA was transformed to CESAFI.
      exactly, it was changed. and before the ground rules were bared, most believed that you cant join a national team because you wont be able to play in CESAFI again. when the ground rules were released, it aslo seemed that what we initially thought is true. but, if you look at the rules closely, it just says that the player who joins a national/development team AND receives allowances from PSC is disqualified from the tournament. and if you look at how the sentence was constructed, the player is disqualified in the current tournament. so it means he can still play next year if he is still eligible.

my question now to Thadz is, if a player joins a NT but is proven to not receive any allowance(he is purely a practive player only) is he disqualified from the tournament? I know almost noone will do this but then my followup question is, what if the player not receiving the allowance from PSC but is getting it from a private entity, is he still eligible for that year?
      WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
      SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by thadzonline
        nope, but I'm sure if I mention his name, many of you may have heard of hsi name already..and by the way, I just got a correction from a source who got a closer look at the kid, he aint 6'8 but merely 6'6 at most
        Bradwyn Guinto?
        John Ortiz?
        Nico San Juan?
        WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
        SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Bradwyn Guinto?
          John Ortiz?
          Nico San Juan?
          none of those guys were once reported to be 6'8 ..
          Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

• guess who the 6'8 guy is

another of those guessing games huh.
            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

exactly, it was changed. and before the ground rules were bared, most believed that you cant join a national team because you wont be able to play in CESAFI again. when the ground rules were released, it aslo seemed that what we initially thought is true. but, if you look at the rules closely, it just says that the player who joins a national/development team AND receives allowances from PSC is disqualified from the tournament. and if you look at how the sentence was constructed, the player is disqualified in the current tournament. so it means he can still play next year if he is still eligible.
              my question now to Thadz is, if a player joins a NT but is proven to not receive any allowance(he is purely a practive player only) is he disqualified from the tournament? I know almost noone will do this but then my followup question is, what if the player not receiving the allowance from PSC but is getting it from a private entity, is he still eligible for that year?
              The way I interpret the rules as you have mentioned, I would say "Yes" - all of the above. And technically the player is not receiving any allowances from PSC but from a separate private entity (sponsor).

Comment

• Hehehe...just saw this now. Enjoy if you haven't seen this picture before. Imagine if Raul Dillo had Yao Ming skills, RP Team would be alright. Gido Babilonia sadly passed away January 2007 of cardiac arrest. RIP.

Last edited by jamesz; 08-18-2008, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Asian Giants

Mu Tie-Zhu, Giant Chinese Center, Dead at 59 - Sep 15, 2008 (by Arthur Volbert)
                  Mu Tie-Zhu (230-C-49), who starred for China's National Team in the 1970's and 1980's, has died in Beijing of a heart attack at age 59.

Born in 1949, Mu began playing with the National Team in 1973 and retired from basketball at age 38 in 1987. He was a member of the Chinese Army and was the long-time center for the Army team, Bayi.

There was a famous matchup between Mu and Yasutaka Okayama (236-C-54, college: Portland), a 236 cm giant from Japan who was once drafted by Golden State Warriors. Mu completely outplayed the Japanese giant. Mu was reluctant to have his height measured and he may have been as tall as 7-10, which would make him as big as the Russian giant, Aleksandr Sizonenko (241-C-62). If so, Mu was the tallest truly important basketball player who ever lived.

Mu has been in poor health for several years, suffering from heart disease, as well as severe phlebothrombosis and arthritis in his legs and waist partly due to the hard training he did when he was still a basketball player and partly as result of the condition of gigantism from which he suffers.

When he was a basketball player, Mu used to run 10,000 meters every day. He played for the national team for 14 years.

Mu acted as coach for Bayi Rockets for 3 years before forced to step down due to the diagnosis of his severe heart problem.

He and his wife were married for 26 years at the time of his death. His wife used to be his fan, and wrote him an anonymous letter. The Bayi Rockets did background research on her, and arranged their first date. They felt in love and got married afterwards.

He has one son and one daughter, who are both under 180 cm. This is a further indication that his enormous height was produced by the pituitary condition of gigantism, rather than by genetics.
                  .................................................. ................................................

a bit off topic but I guess we cant produce even pituitary Giants like these guys..could grow as tall as 7-11
                  "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• when i was young, i read stories of people with gigantism in guiness book of world records. something to do with accidental banging of head triggering abnormal reaction in the pituitary gland.

so i banged my head against the iron frame of our neighbor's window. i got a big "bukol" (swell) on my head. but that didnt hurt as much as the spanking i got from my mom after i explained to her what i wanted to do.

anyways, the sad part is i never played competitive basketball past grade school.
                    Dead Lizard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07
                      Mu Tie-Zhu, Giant Chinese Center, Dead at 59 - Sep 15, 2008 (by Arthur Volbert)
                      Mu Tie-Zhu (230-C-49), who starred for China's National Team in the 1970's and 1980's, has died in Beijing of a heart attack at age 59.

Born in 1949, Mu began playing with the National Team in 1973 and retired from basketball at age 38 in 1987. He was a member of the Chinese Army and was the long-time center for the Army team, Bayi.

There was a famous matchup between Mu and Yasutaka Okayama (236-C-54, college: Portland), a 236 cm giant from Japan who was once drafted by Golden State Warriors. Mu completely outplayed the Japanese giant. Mu was reluctant to have his height measured and he may have been as tall as 7-10, which would make him as big as the Russian giant, Aleksandr Sizonenko (241-C-62). If so, Mu was the tallest truly important basketball player who ever lived.

Mu has been in poor health for several years, suffering from heart disease, as well as severe phlebothrombosis and arthritis in his legs and waist partly due to the hard training he did when he was still a basketball player and partly as result of the condition of gigantism from which he suffers.

When he was a basketball player, Mu used to run 10,000 meters every day. He played for the national team for 14 years.

Mu acted as coach for Bayi Rockets for 3 years before forced to step down due to the diagnosis of his severe heart problem.

He and his wife were married for 26 years at the time of his death. His wife used to be his fan, and wrote him an anonymous letter. The Bayi Rockets did background research on her, and arranged their first date. They felt in love and got married afterwards.

He has one son and one daughter, who are both under 180 cm. This is a further indication that his enormous height was produced by the pituitary condition of gigantism, rather than by genetics.
                      .................................................. ................................................

a bit off topic but I guess we cant produce even pituitary Giants like these guys..could grow as tall as 7-11
                      was he a filipino? i guessits a wrong thread.

Comment

• Wonder where is Raul Dillo now ?, did he got married and had kids...anyone, please ????

Comment

• Originally posted by patay-butiki
                          when i was young, i read stories of people with gigantism in guiness book of world records. something to do with accidental banging of head triggering abnormal reaction in the pituitary gland.

so i banged my head against the iron frame of our neighbor's window. i got a big "bukol" (swell) on my head. but that didnt hurt as much as the spanking i got from my mom after i explained to her what i wanted to do.

anyways, the sad part is i never played competitive basketball past grade school.
                          Well, you did grow a few inches for a day or two, but not where they were needed.
                          Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• madman!

PHP Code:
                            [PHP]1Raul Dillo 7’3” UE (UAAP), San Juan Knights (MBARetired
                            EJ Feihl 7’0” ADU (UAAP), GinebraPurefoodsAlaskaRed Bull (PBAretired
                            Greg Slaughter 6'10 UV (Cesafi) Active
                            Jericho De guzman 6'
                            10 1/8 FEUResidency
                            Marlou Aquino 6’10” ADU (UAAP), GinebraSta Lucia Realty (PBAActive
                            Frederick Canlas 6’10” Formula Shell (PBAReserve
                            Andrew John Seigle 6’9” Talk N TextPurefoodsBrgy Ginebra (PBA
                            7Raymung Lacson 6'9 DLSU 86' 
                            8James Walkvist 6’9” Ginebra (PBA)
                            9Bonnel Balingit 6’9” SwiftTanduayPurefoods (PBA)
                            10Danny Jomamil 6’9” Adamson University (UAAP)
                            11Mick Pennisi 6’9” Red Bull (PBA)
                            12Junmar fajardo 6'9 UC Cesafi
                            13) Samigue Eman 6’8” University of Mindanao, Rain or Shine, SMB (PBL)
                            14) Japeth Aguilar 6’8” Ateneo (UAAP), Western Kentucky University (NCAA)
                            15) Yancy de Ocampo 6’8” St Francis (NCRAA), Air21, Talk N Text (PBA)
                            16)  Joachim Thoss 6’8” Alaska (PBA)
                            17)  Bonifacio de Jesus 6’8” RP Team Youth Asian Games (1978)
                            18) Don Yabut 6’8” Far Eastern University (UAAP), Welcoat (PBL)
                            19) Francis de Leon 6’8” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
                            20) Eric Suguitan 6’8” University of the East (UAAP)
                            21) Bacon 6'
                            8 UPHR (NCAA)
                            22Christian standinger 6'8 fil-german USNCAA
                            23) Vincent San Diego 6’8” De La Salle University (UAAP)
                            Sajeev Gangwani 6'
                            8 DLSU recruit 2010
                            Asi Taulava 6’7 3/4” Talk N Text (PBA)
                            25Gian Chiu 6’7 1/2” Ateneo HS (UAAP
                            Joe Devance 6'7 3/4 Alaska
                            Arnold Van Opstal 6'
                            7 1/2 DLSU HS
                            jeff mella 6'7 1/4" St. Francis
                            27) Raffy Reavies 6’7” Swift, Brgy Ginebra (PBA)
                            28) Dong Polistico 6’7” Alaska (PBA)
                            29) Cris Bolado 6’7” N.U.(UAAP), Alaska, Swift, Ginebra, Purefoods (PBA)
                            30) Lawrence Bonus 6’7” University of Manila, Montana (PBL)
                            31) Rabeh Al-hussaini 6'
                            7 ADMU (UAAP)
                            32Mark Andaya 6’7” Letran College (NCAA), Talk N Text (PBA)
                            33Clark “Pep” Moore 6’7” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
                            34Nanninga 6'7 UST (UAAP)
                            35) Christopher Eman 6'
                            7 UM 
                            Burtonwood Cesafi
                            ?
                            Jay Washington 6'7 SMB (PBA)
                            Erram 6'
                            7 ADMU Team B
                            Norbert Torres 6
                            '7 DLSU team B
                            Magi Sison 6'
                            7 UP (UAAP)
                            Ramos 6'6 1/4 FEU, smart gilas 
                            36) Gilbert Lao 6’6” 1/2 UST (UAAP) Coca Cola,Welcoat, SMB
                            37) Mark Kong 6’6” Adamson University (UAAP), Alaska, San Miguel (PBA)
                            38) Dorian Peña 6’6” Cornell University (NCAA), San Miguel (PBA)
                            39) Giovanni Pineda 6’6” Adamson University (UAAP), Alaska (PBA)
                            40) Jason Ballesteros 6’6” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
                            41) Philip Butel 6’6” University of the East (UAAP)
                            42) Dino Berame 6’6” University of the Visayas (CESAFI)
                            43) Danny seigel 6'
                            6 PBA SMB
                            don camaso 6'6 MBA metrostar, talk n text PBA
                            45) Paolo Napo 6’6” University of the East (UAAP)
                            46) Alex Crisano 6’6” Ginebra, Tanduay (PBA)
                            Romulo Mamaril 6'
                            6 Ginebra 80's
                            Ervin Sotto 6'
                            6 Stfrancis
                            Spencer Eman 6
                            '6 FEU?
                            Rysal Castro 6'
                            6 FEU (UAAPliga pilipinas
                            Ian Sangalang 6
                            '6 SSC (NCAA)
                            Equilos 6'
                            6 FEU (UAAP)
                            Magat 6'6 NU (UAAP)
                            kyle Pascual 6'
                            6 SBC team B
                            Vinluan 6
                            '6 FEU (UAAP)
                            Davonn Harp 6'
                            6 Barako Bull
                            Theophile 6
                            '6 Liga pilipinas
                            Kelly Williams 6'
                            6 SLR (PBA
                            [/PHP]

Comment

• madman!

guy's pls. add anyone that i forgot to write. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by jepoy View Post
                                PHP Code:
                                [PHP]1Raul Dillo 7’3” UE (UAAP), San Juan Knights (MBARetired
                                EJ Feihl 7’0” ADU (UAAP), GinebraPurefoodsAlaskaRed Bull (PBAretired
                                Greg Slaughter 6'10 UV (Cesafi) Active
                                Jericho De guzman 6'
                                10 1/8 FEUResidency
                                Marlou Aquino 6’10” ADU (UAAP), GinebraSta Lucia Realty (PBAActive
                                Frederick Canlas 6’10” Formula Shell (PBAReserve
                                Andrew John Seigle 6’9” Talk N TextPurefoodsBrgy Ginebra (PBA
                                7Raymung Lacson 6'9 DLSU 86' 
                                8James Walkvist 6’9” Ginebra (PBA)
                                9Bonnel Balingit 6’9” SwiftTanduayPurefoods (PBA)
                                10Danny Jomamil 6’9” Adamson University (UAAP)
                                11Mick Pennisi 6’9” Red Bull (PBA)
                                12Junmar fajardo 6'9 UC Cesafi
                                13) Samigue Eman 6’8” University of Mindanao, Rain or Shine, SMB (PBL)
                                14) Japeth Aguilar 6’8” Ateneo (UAAP), Western Kentucky University (NCAA)
                                15) Yancy de Ocampo 6’8” St Francis (NCRAA), Air21, Talk N Text (PBA)
                                16)  Joachim Thoss 6’8” Alaska (PBA)
                                17)  Bonifacio de Jesus 6’8” RP Team Youth Asian Games (1978)
                                18) Don Yabut 6’8” Far Eastern University (UAAP), Welcoat (PBL)
                                19) Francis de Leon 6’8” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
                                20) Eric Suguitan 6’8” University of the East (UAAP)
                                21) Bacon 6'
                                8 UPHR (NCAA)
                                22Christian standinger 6'8 fil-german USNCAA
                                23) Vincent San Diego 6’8” De La Salle University (UAAP)
                                Sajeev Gangwani 6'
                                8 DLSU recruit 2010
                                Asi Taulava 6’7 3/4” Talk N Text (PBA)
                                25Gian Chiu 6’7 1/2” Ateneo HS (UAAP
                                Joe Devance 6'7 3/4 Alaska
                                Arnold Van Opstal 6'
                                7 1/2 DLSU HS
                                jeff mella 6'7 1/4" St. Francis
                                27) Raffy Reavies 6’7” Swift, Brgy Ginebra (PBA)
                                28) Dong Polistico 6’7” Alaska (PBA)
                                29) Cris Bolado 6’7” N.U.(UAAP), Alaska, Swift, Ginebra, Purefoods (PBA)
                                30) Lawrence Bonus 6’7” University of Manila, Montana (PBL)
                                31) Rabeh Al-hussaini 6'
                                7 ADMU (UAAP)
                                32Mark Andaya 6’7” Letran College (NCAA), Talk N Text (PBA)
                                33Clark “Pep” Moore 6’7” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
                                34Nanninga 6'7 UST (UAAP)
                                35) Christopher Eman 6'
                                7 UM 
                                Burtonwood Cesafi
                                ?
                                Jay Washington 6'7 SMB (PBA)
                                Erram 6'
                                7 ADMU Team B
                                Norbert Torres 6
                                '7 DLSU team B
                                Magi Sison 6'
                                7 UP (UAAP)
                                Ramos 6'6 1/4 FEU, smart gilas 
                                36) Gilbert Lao 6’6” 1/2 UST (UAAP) Coca Cola,Welcoat, SMB
                                37) Mark Kong 6’6” Adamson University (UAAP), Alaska, San Miguel (PBA)
                                38) Dorian Peña 6’6” Cornell University (NCAA), San Miguel (PBA)
                                39) Giovanni Pineda 6’6” Adamson University (UAAP), Alaska (PBA)
                                40) Jason Ballesteros 6’6” San Sebastian College (NCAA)
                                41) Philip Butel 6’6” University of the East (UAAP)
                                42) Dino Berame 6’6” University of the Visayas (CESAFI)
                                43) Danny seigel 6'
                                6 PBA SMB
                                don camaso 6'6 MBA metrostar, talk n text PBA
                                45) Paolo Napo 6’6” University of the East (UAAP)
                                46) Alex Crisano 6’6” Ginebra, Tanduay (PBA)
                                Romulo Mamaril 6'
                                6 Ginebra 80's
                                Ervin Sotto 6'
                                6 Stfrancis
                                Spencer Eman 6
                                '6 FEU?
                                Rysal Castro 6'
                                6 FEU (UAAPliga pilipinas
                                Ian Sangalang 6
                                '6 SSC (NCAA)
                                Equilos 6'
                                6 FEU (UAAP)
                                Magat 6'6 NU (UAAP)
                                kyle Pascual 6'
                                6 SBC team B
                                Vinluan 6
                                '6 FEU (UAAP)
                                Davonn Harp 6'
                                6 Barako Bull
                                Theophile 6
                                '6 Liga pilipinas
                                Kelly Williams 6'
                                6 SLR (PBA
                                [/PHP]
                                Does Sajeev Gangwani 6'8 DLSU recruit 2010 is half pinoy?? if not should he be included here??

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information