Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tallest Filipino Basketball Players Ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donmar
    Have you guys forgot about that 8 foot guy from Mount Apo... remember him... he's in a middle of a basketball training right now... the SBP officials hired a professional-personal trainer to teach him the fundamental rules on how to play proper basketball... they're trying to train him with a Spalding or a Molten... the 8 foot guy was born in Mount Apo and learn to play basketball the Filipino way.. although he plays barefooted and use Coconut as a Basketball...
    Yeah i heard that 8 foot guy from mt. apo, the thing is he was circumsized last summer but unfortunately got infected. Intelligence reports say he can't jump nor run because his balls got bigger the size of watermelon Well, i dont know if he has healed already....

Comment

Michael Otto
      Eric Canlas
      Rysal Castro
      Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Originally posted by onono1
        Yeah i heard that 8 foot guy from mt. apo, the thing is he was circumsized last summer but unfortunately got infected. Intelligence reports say he can't jump nor run because his balls got bigger the size of watermelon Well, i dont know if he has healed already....
        Oh yeah... thats why he was sent to the U.S. its for medication.. I thought he's going for basketball training... ... Oh well!

sigpic

Comment

i thought the tallest human in the world stands 7'9??? this guy who got married couple of months back from NOKOR...
          Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Leonid StadnykЛеонід Стадник
            Born 1971
            Podolyantsi, Chudnivsky Raion,
            Zhytomyr Oblast, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
            Known for Tallest living human being
            Height 2.57 m (8 ft 5 in)
            Weight 200 kg (440 lb)

Leonid Stadnyk (Ukrainian: Леонід Іванович Стадник) (born 1971 in Zhytomyr Oblast, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union) is the world's tallest living man according to Guinness World Records 2008.[1] He is a certified veterinarian and veterinary surgeon and lives with his mother in the village of Podolyantsi, Ukraine. He claims to be 2.57 m (8 ft 5 in) tall, and claims to be about 200 kg (440 lb) (April, 2004). He also claims to have the largest palm size recorded, at 31 cm (12¼ in) long (this claim has not been independently verified).[2]

Leonid Stadnyk's excessive growth began after brain surgery when he was 12 years old. He developed a pituitary gland tumor which caused the gland to secrete large amounts of growth hormone, resulting in what doctors describe as acromegalic gigantism.

He has claimed to be the tallest man in the world much earlier, but had not been recognized as such, as he previously refused to be measured according to Guinness World Records procedures.

On August 8, 2007, Guinness book's spokeswoman Amarilis Espinoza stated that in the 2008 edition of the record book, Mr Stadnyk at 2.57m, replaces Bao Xishun, a native of Inner Mongolia in China who stands 2.36 m.[3]

A Pravda news report in Spring 2006 reported that Leonid Stadnyk grew 2 cm (0.79 in) in the previous year, not accounting the time between the original Spring 2004 report and Spring 2005. According to Pravda, his health is slowly failing in that he needs to hold on to limbs of trees and the side of his house to walk about. A group of Ukrainian business people donated a satellite dish and a computer to Stadnyk and now he is on the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23

Leonid StadnykЛеонід Стадник
              Born 1971
              Podolyantsi, Chudnivsky Raion,
              Zhytomyr Oblast, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
              Known for Tallest living human being
              Height 2.57 m (8 ft 5 in)
              Weight 200 kg (440 lb)

Leonid Stadnyk (Ukrainian: Леонід Іванович Стадник) (born 1971 in Zhytomyr Oblast, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union) is the world's tallest living man according to Guinness World Records 2008.[1] He is a certified veterinarian and veterinary surgeon and lives with his mother in the village of Podolyantsi, Ukraine. He claims to be 2.57 m (8 ft 5 in) tall, and claims to be about 200 kg (440 lb) (April, 2004). He also claims to have the largest palm size recorded, at 31 cm (12¼ in) long (this claim has not been independently verified).[2]

Leonid Stadnyk's excessive growth began after brain surgery when he was 12 years old. He developed a pituitary gland tumor which caused the gland to secrete large amounts of growth hormone, resulting in what doctors describe as acromegalic gigantism.

He has claimed to be the tallest man in the world much earlier, but had not been recognized as such, as he previously refused to be measured according to Guinness World Records procedures.

On August 8, 2007, Guinness book's spokeswoman Amarilis Espinoza stated that in the 2008 edition of the record book, Mr Stadnyk at 2.57m, replaces Bao Xishun, a native of Inner Mongolia in China who stands 2.36 m.[3]

A Pravda news report in Spring 2006 reported that Leonid Stadnyk grew 2 cm (0.79 in) in the previous year, not accounting the time between the original Spring 2004 report and Spring 2005. According to Pravda, his health is slowly failing in that he needs to hold on to limbs of trees and the side of his house to walk about. A group of Ukrainian business people donated a satellite dish and a computer to Stadnyk and now he is on the Internet.
              Somebody should inform SBP to naturalize this guy!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thayil
                aww really? Im not surprise if its Health Problems. He is very thin eh..
                Francis Adrian Bacon died of a heart ailment.....very nice in person and friendly......i went to UPHR in my high school years and this guy was the thinnest and tallest in the college varsity team when they walk around the school....he played briefly in the PBL after college....
                Last edited by DaveMap2007; 09-10-2007, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KamoteQ
                  I think you're lying...
                  Is that true?? or what??
                  no he's not lying
                  you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro
                    no he's not lying
                    Maybe he's not...

Comment

Originally posted by donmar
                      Oh yeah... thats why he was sent to the U.S. its for medication.. I thought he's going for basketball training... ... Oh well!
                      guess he's in the US now with different type of balls...that is.
                      SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

let's allow our tall ladies to go to eman's house in mindanao to breed. imagine how tall his brothers are. they can help augment the height problems for our future players.
                        "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by bolabasket
                          guess he's in the US now with different type of balls...that is.
                          hehehehehe!!!.. lol!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ankle breaker
                            let's allow our tall ladies to go to eman's house in mindanao to breed. imagine how tall his brothers are. they can help augment the height problems for our future players.

Hummm, it's like raising a poultry farm right in your own backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by onono1
                              what is the name of this guy?

any more detailed information about that 6-8 Almagordo kid(14 years old sophomore) from Agro High School in Davao City?

how about Raymond Lacson? is the 6-9 listing for real? does he play ball?
                              Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

Update for the 8 foot guy from Mount Apo!... he's recovering from his swelling balls in the US... a friend of mine in Davao told me that his father is a Kapre living in Mount Apo and his mother is a distant relative of the Emans...

Reports are that the trainers are still struggling to teach the guy how to use proper basketball since the 8 foot guy grow up playing with coconuts as a basketball in Mount Apo... SBP is now considering hiring a foreign coach from the Alps in South America since the Himalayans were using rocks as basketball ...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information