Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Euroleague Fantasy Challenge 2017/18

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    Is anyone on here doing well in this version of the game, other than Killer Bob's son? It seems there are a lot of Greeks in the top 50. At least 34 of 50 seem to be Greek. Maybe there is a Greek website that is providing good advice.
    After the first round , one of my teams ranked at number 8. I selected Jackson as my C and now that team ranked 200+. But I am not complaining, I have just done bad decision this time. I know the basic idea of player prices and I dont bother my self if the change in the player price is 14.67 or 15.15 precent. Just need to find the right players and the right captain every week. Simple as that in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by meet the boss View Post
    Another example:

Mantzaris:
    Week 1 PIR = -1.00, +10% bonus --> FP = -1.10

P.Jackson
    Week 2 PIR = -3.00, +10% bonus --> FP = -2.70

Breaking the law, breaking the law....

Check Valinskas average FP. It is shown as 3, whereas it should be -3. Which means that they do not show - averages?

Simon has an average of 4.5 instead of -4.5. Unless it is a visual error in the stats? Not sure.
    "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

Stop doing regression analyses with the wrong input equation. You DO NOT have the right formula, is it so difficult to understand?
    FAN HUB doesn't have the formula too. It's not difficult to understand.
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    The problem isn't in them changing the equation but in giving round 1 a larger weight. It's not what the rules say should happen. If you knew Jackson's price would skyrocket no matter what he did in the second round, why not get him?
    Because he ended with -3 PIR .

Quote Originally Posted by Toja27 View Post
    Because he ended with -3 PIR .
    But you didn’t know that.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    But you didn’t know that.
    That is my point that the point of this game is to earn PIR .

Quote Originally Posted by Toja27 View Post
    That is my point that the point of this game is to earn PIR .
    there’s only 1 problem, we don’t know which player will have better Pir. with 2 players with uncertain future Pir and certain raise in price, you normally goes with certainty.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    FAN HUB doesn't have the formula too. It's not difficult to understand.
    Maybe yes, maybe not. However, it is not difficult to understand that coefficients that sum greater than one DO NOT describe a weighted average value of a sample. Basic first grade math...

Just an excellent fit to the initial feed values with no physical or mathematical meaning, that's it.

Maybe yes, maybe not. However, it is not difficult to understand that coefficients that sum greater than one DO NOT describe a weighted average value of a sample. Basic first grade math...

Just an excellent fit to the initial feed values with no physical or mathematical meaning, that's it.
    Why would you even need to calculate a weighted average with sum of coefficients equal to 1? Don't think as in old fantasy, where price = Average PIR * 4. Then it was as you said, since new average PIR had to be a weighted average (or simply mean in old fantasy). But if you don't tie Average PIR to Price directly, and create a formula that goes like:
    New Price = Old Price +
    Coef_1 * PIR_1 +
    Coef_2 * PIR_2 + ...

Now you don't need to have sum of coefficients equal to 1.
    Just letting everyone know, 5+ posts of mine are deleted because I thought a moderator shouldn't act biased and unequal towards teams he doesn't like. Vive la démocratie !

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Why would you even need to calculate a weighted average with sum of coefficients equal to 1? Don't think as in old fantasy, where price = Average PIR * 4. Then it was as you said, since new average PIR had to be a weighted average (or simply mean in old fantasy). But if you don't tie Average PIR to Price directly, and create a formula that goes like:
    New Price = Old Price +
    Coef_1 * PIR_1 +
    Coef_2 * PIR_2 + ...

Now you don't need to have sum of coefficients equal to 1.
    Because you have to input some constraints in the optimization procedure. Otherwise, optimizing an unconstrained linear problem you will end up finding uncorrelated coefficients after every week.

And lets say ok no need to sum up to unity. Try to run the same optimization procedure constraining the coefficient like the rules say (xi previous game > xi 2nd previous game etc) and tell me if you will find a universal solution for every player...

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647