Ray "Bobby" Parks Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Startah View Post
    kidding aside.. really i'm dismayed how NU try to shortcut its way for them to win a championship.. Karma just serve them right..

As for Ray really i'm just saddened he has the potential to be the best pinoy bball player? the chance to hone his skill up there with the very best (US Collegiate) he just turned them down. Money has to taken his toll on his decision! I just wish him luck! i hope some US college team could offer him a second chance.
    Definitely understand your frustration. By the stories we have heard and by my understanding, it was his father who made the choice for him to stay here because of money (what you had already mentioned) and the fact that he's sick (throat cancer?). Hopefully, Ray2 would eventually get to play overseas. For a player of his height (6'4) and his scoring talent not to play at a higher level, it will be his greatest regret to stagnate in the shithole that is Philippines basketball.

On a more serious note, I'm just depressed with the turn of events in Philippine basketball.
    Credit goes to CKR13 for this! Thanks so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by elcian View Post
      Definitely understand your frustration. By the stories we have heard and by my understanding, it was his father who made the choice for him to stay here because of money (what you had already mentioned) and the fact that he's sick (throat cancer?). Hopefully, Ray2 would eventually get to play overseas. For a player of his height (6'4) and his scoring talent not to play at a higher level, it will be his greatest regret to stagnate in the shithole that is Philippines basketball.

On a more serious note, I'm just depressed with the turn of events in Philippine basketball.
      No US college will offer him direct payment he might be able to work off campus for one of the boosters business but nothing big just enough for a little above minimum wage.No US college will want a death penaly on their program if they got caught by the NCAA just look at Miami Hurricanes,USC

Comment

• coach erik does not know what he is doing w/ his team...

no good set plays...

parks team mates also do not know whose the man come crunch time...

observe them whenever the boy is hot,next play will be a turn over or a missed opportunities due to "gigil na magpasikat teammates nya " well i understand them however when the game is on the line or you are closing the gap and you have the momentum, parks team mates should know their role!!!

Comment

• well if he could endure working minimum wage after school,on top of that maintain a minimum of a 3.0 gpa,for at least 2 years in a US college then he will be in the NBA for sure,but his ailing pa will have no job,money or even a medical insurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by 13wowowee View Post
            coach erik does not know what he is doing w/ his team...

no good set plays...

parks team mates also do not know whose the man come crunch time...

observe them whenever the boy is hot,next play will be a turn over or a missed opportunities due to "gigil na magpasikat teammates nya " well i understand them however when the game is on the line or you are closing the gap and you have the momentum, parks team mates should know their role!!!
            I couldn't agree more.. When I'm watching NU is like an eyesore.. the win against AdU was just a freaking fluke.. They can never win against the elite teams this second round heck be n the final for or even contend for that fourth spot.. Ust is a much favorable team cause they know what to do during crunch time and they know how to EXECUTE they plays.
            “You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things – to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated.” - Sir Edmund Hillary

Comment

• Originally posted by potz05 View Post
              I couldn't agree more.. When I'm watching NU is like an eyesore.. the win against AdU was just a freaking fluke.. They can never win against the elite teams this second round heck be n the final for or even contend for that fourth spot.. Ust is a much favorable team cause they know what to do during crunch time and they know how to EXECUTE they plays.
              Give them time mate. Eventually they'll get there. Coach E have been there and done that and sometimes no matter what coaching you do, there comes a point when you let your players figure out and and experience first hand and eventually learn and mature and be ready for more important battles in the future.
              " Bayan Muna Bago ang Sarili "

Comment

• Originally posted by fthesaint View Post
                Give them time mate. Eventually they'll get there. Coach E have been there and done that and sometimes no matter what coaching you do, there comes a point when you let your players figure out and and experience first hand and eventually learn and mature and be ready for more important battles in the future.
                I know I know.. but this season is not their season.. I think there's a lot of potential for this team but whenever they play there seems to be a problem I mean they lack something.. aggressiveness? trust? Yeah I think this is too much to ask but Ray Ray's game is being scrutinize because of this..
                “You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things – to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated.” - Sir Edmund Hillary

Comment

• Lol thats where the SBP long term national pool role will play...

I think we cannot underestimate our national team program that it cannot produce nba and ncaa div 1 players diba?

If the other asian countries can why can't we..

Unless our nt veterans eat their precious playing time
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    Lol thats where the SBP long term national pool role will play...

I think we cannot underestimate our national team program that it cannot produce nba and ncaa div 1 players diba?

If the other asian countries can why can't we..

Unless our nt veterans eat their precious playing time
                    i would agree on this one. i mean yao, wang, yi, sun, ha, hadadhi. these guys made it in the nba. and they did not play in the us ncaa. they played in their national teams before being given attention by nba scouts. and age is not issue. if one is really good, he'll play more and play better than his older teammates.

Comment

• After seeing some posts about NU's game against Adamson I remeber Ray's sufferings when he play in All Asia team in Global hoops summit

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                        i would agree on this one. i mean yao, wang, yi, sun, ha, hadadhi. these guys made it in the nba. and they did not play in the us ncaa. they played in their national teams before being given attention by nba scouts. and age is not issue. if one is really good, he'll play more and play better than his older teammates.
                        Playing in US NCAA whether its basketball,football,volleyball,baseball,etc. has no money for the players at all,look at Japhet his dad has to work in the US so that Japhet can have some allowance and extra money.All the colleges guarntee to you is all expense paid education from room and board but you still have to pay for parking fees if you have a car,you have to buy your own laptop,extra food and some other stuff.

Comment

• Watching NU vs. FEU last Saturday I thing NU is one good point guard away to become real contender.
                          MR. T. --->>> PACLAND

Comment

• watch the Game between FEU they have a big lead of 18pts going in the 4th RayParks at its best Hitting 3's, driving the lane, Shooting High Ft's then Suddenly in OT when the game is on the line he retorted back to his Usually Self Turnovers the kid really can't get a break

Comment

• Originally posted by Startah View Post
                              watch the Game between FEU they have a big lead of 18pts going in the 4th RayParks at its best Hitting 3's, driving the lane, Shooting High Ft's then Suddenly in OT when the game is on the line he retorted back to his Usually Self Turnovers the kid really can't get a break
                              What I don't get is why he stopped attacking the basket during the crucial portions of the game. He got fouled every time he attacked and he was tearing the FEU defense to shreds. Lots of mental lapses to end the game and made poor decisions. He even missed that crucial FT that would have tied the game. Still scored those 32 points effortlessly. Very very smooth. Best scorer in the "amateur" ranks. Bar none.
                              Credit goes to CKR13 for this! Thanks so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by elcian View Post
                                What I don't get is why he stopped attacking the basket during the crucial portions of the game. He got fouled every time he attacked and he was tearing the FEU defense to shreds. Lots of mental lapses to end the game and made poor decisions. He even missed that crucial FT that would have tied the game. Still scored those 32 points effortlessly. Very very smooth. Best scorer in the "amateur" ranks. Bar none.
                                ah because coach eric system not says so its continuous motion offense
                                Ray did attack the basket in the last possesions and he try to miss the last free throw for Mbe to get the rebound

yup still a rookie even in his game lots of improvement pa

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information