No announcement yet.

FIBA 2017 AmeriCup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id' also like to add that it is good to see Argentina working for that default Semi-Finals birth. They really need to improve the AmeriCup format... the damn Little League World Series was more exciting than the AmeriCup'17. The only reason I am really into it is to see if Argentina is justified this year.

Comment

Maybe it's just the television production but the crowd in Uruguay seems a lot louder than in Argentina. Argies could use a healthy Scola.

A few too many threes for my taste from the US today, but they took care of business against a weak-looking Panama team.
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
        Maybe it's just the television production but the crowd in Uruguay seems a lot louder than in Argentina. Argies could use a healthy Scola.

A few too many threes for my taste from the US today, but they took care of business against a weak-looking Panama team.
        Would have been nice to see some High School prospects represent US in this thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
          Canada pulls a Canada and blows a lead in a final minutes.
          I watched most of the second half. Canada was in control with 2 minutes remaining and they managed to blow a 10 point lead against an Argentina team that had little offensive rhythm and was getting killed on the boards. Terrible outcome.

Comment

It seems that Canada wanted to lose that game, those last minutes was pathetic, they forgot how to defend, horrible.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tres equis View Post
              It seems that Canada wanted to lose that game, those last minutes was pathetic, they forgot how to defend, horrible.
              It's a joke, second rate players picked at the last minute and they never even played a warm up game.
              We The North

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzoAQ View Post
                Would have been nice to see some High School prospects represent US in this thing...
                That's probably not going to happen with the U-XX system in place.

Comment

If nothing else this tournament can give a good look how road games will look. Uruguay crowd has been good so far, they should be up for the game with the US tonight.
                  Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Hey, lads, any news about Jose Vargas? He missed game against US Virgin Islands. Will he play this night?
                    Last edited by KingBasketBets; 08-29-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Found on the website of the federation of Venezuela:

"Venezuela no contó en el partido con su capitán José Vargas, quien padece un pequeño desgarro en el gemelo derecho y se perderá lo que resta de torneo". (c)

Comment

Tonight's USA-Uruguay game and tomorrow vs D.R are on ESPNU.
                        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Panama's combination of man to man and switch zone limited USA to just 11pts in the first quarter.
                          Sacramento Kings
                          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

US wins a rather competitive game in front of a great crowd. Uruguay fought hard and really were beaten just by depth and poor free throws.

Sounds like I'm complementing the tournament? Can't have that.

Barring a US loss to the Dominican (and probably a bad loss) Uruguay will probably be eliminated.

Meanwhile if Argentina continues to beat on the Virgin Islands. A 1-2 team from group B will advance to the semis over 2-1 Puerto Rico, and a likely a 2 win team from group C.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                              US wins a rather competitive game in front of a great crowd. Uruguay fought hard and really were beaten just by depth and poor free throws.

Sounds like I'm complementing the tournament? Can't have that.
                              Ha ha I agree. Watched it on ESPNU the atmosphere was good but the play was nothing to write home about. I guess I set the bar so low when it comes to this tournament that anything half way decent makes it look better than it actually was.
                              My big takeaway is that this is what we are gonna see in the two year World Cup qualifying windows and it really looks like a waste of time. As long as you resemble a basketball team you can qualify. If Fiba thinks that kind of stuff will help grow the game they are nuts.
                              Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                                Ha ha I agree. Watched it on ESPNU the atmosphere was good but the play was nothing to write home about. I guess I set the bar so low when it comes to this tournament that anything half way decent makes it look better than it actually was.
                                My big takeaway is that this is what we are gonna see in the two year World Cup qualifying windows and it really looks like a waste of time. As long as you resemble a basketball team you can qualify. If Fiba thinks that kind of stuff will help grow the game they are nuts.
                                I thought it was entertaining in a mediocre Jan/Feb College game kind of way. I'd get more enjoyment out of it once some actual stakes are on the line. Really though FIBA's goal is more crowds like tonight, which home games for every nation might give. I don't blame them for wanting that, however they went about it the worst way. Should have just had the Windows from July to September imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information