No announcement yet.

FIBA 2017 AmeriCup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not one for rash judgments but this was pretty clear cut.

Mexico and Puerto Rico have a close result.

Mexico and Puerto Rico beat the shit out of their next opponents.

Which is shit news for the US as both teams are in their world cup qualifying groups.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

US scrimmaged the Dominican Republic and won 97-73:
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

So I wasn't really paying attention to how this competition was organized at first, but reading into it it's kind of bullshit.

Apparently regardless of what happens in Group B, Argentina automatically qualifies for the semi finals. Now they're probably the best team in B (and possibly the tournament) but auto qualifying for the semis is a joke. Also it means a second team automatically comes from group B, instead of doing best 2nd place team or something.

Competition System - FIBA Americup 2017 - FIBA.basketball

So Mexico's already in the semis from group A, and the group A games today are now meaningless as there's no shot at finishing as the best 2nd.

I mean I wasn't high on this tournament before but they're trying really hard to make it more of a joke.

Comment

This format of the americup i don't like it at all, giving argentina a pass to semis just because they are the host it's stupid. I hope in the next americup they change the rules and make the tournament a little longer, they should add another group with the best 2 teams of each group advancing.
          sigpic

Comment

Bruno tossed from the Brazilian team:
            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

This Canada team has all the weaknesses of the full team and none of the strengths. Wonder if they can get RJ Barrett to play some of the qualifiers.

Walter Hodge though, que gran jugador.

Comment

Canada lost to the Virgin Islands?

Yeash......
                We The North

Comment

Originally posted by locdogjr View Post
                  Canada lost to the Virgin Islands?

Yeash......
                  Yes I really don't know what to think. Worst loss in Canada bball history? Or this doesn't mean much at all?
                  They started training camp a week ago, played no warm-up games, not even sure they scrimmaged anyone beyond themselves, the coach publicly stated they have no interest in the AmeriCup other than training for the WC Qualifiers, really weak roster, jet lagged, ill prepared, first time coach, loads of first time players, and they collectively shot horrendously.

Whatever it is - it doesn't make me too confident about the Qualifiers. Hopefully they play decently against ARG today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                    Apparently regardless of what happens in Group B, Argentina automatically qualifies for the semi finals. Now they're probably the best team in B (and possibly the tournament) but auto qualifying for the semis is a joke.

I mean I wasn't high on this tournament before but they're trying really hard to make it more of a joke.
                    You've summed it up right there. it's a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
                      Worst loss in Canada bball history?
                      Yes.

Or this doesn't mean much at all? They started training camp a week ago, played no warm-up games, not even sure they scrimmaged anyone beyond themselves, the coach publicly stated they have no interest in the AmeriCup other than training for the WC Qualifiers, really weak roster, jet lagged, ill prepared, first time coach, loads of first time players, and they collectively shot horrendously.
                      No excuses. Basketball Canada is to blame for not even bothering to call the players to camp until mid-August.

Comment

Smooth sailing so far for USAB- DLeaguers against Panama.
                        Sacramento Kings
                        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Yes I really don't know what to think. Worst loss in Canada bball history? Or this doesn't mean much at all?
                          I would subscribe to the latter. A meaningless outcome to a meaningless tournament. The loss to Venezuela with an automatic Olympic birth at stake as a clear favorite dwarfs this. For me that loss looked even worse the following year at the Olympics when the identical Venezuela squad looked horrible and like they didn't belong.
                          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                            I would subscribe to the latter. A meaningless outcome to a meaningless tournament. The loss to Venezuela with an automatic Olympic birth at stake as a clear favorite dwarfs this. For me that loss looked even worse the following year at the Olympics when the identical Venezuela squad looked horrible and like they didn't belong.
                            Yeah this was more or less an exhibition match in the grand scheme of things, choking when the Olympics was on the line was way worse.

US looked really impressive. Though I wonder how much of this team will still be available come November.

Comment

Canada pulls a Canada and blows a lead in a final minutes.

Comment

Excellent OT win for Argentina... Campazzo by far is the Tourney MVP thus far!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information