No announcement yet.

CJ Perez thread...point guard of the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the boy can jump.Just imagine him and Ricci Rivero sharing the point guard chores

Last edited by Alex07; 08-01-2017, 02:18 PM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

He's already 24 just a year younger than Romeo. He's a natural forward with good handles. Can he still transformed himself into a pg? I say give him Abueva's spot if his ongoing drama continues. They have the same playing style anyway and built. He's even called the baby beast lol

Comment

Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
        He's already 24 just a year younger than Romeo. He's a natural forward with good handles. Can he still transformed himself into a pg? I say give him Abueva's spot if his ongoing drama continues. They have the same playing style anyway and built. He's even called the baby beast lol
        i guess its safe to say he's more than pro ready,considering his age.
        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

i know CJ is more of a scoring guard than an assist man, but i do hope he would transform into one.Maybe 8 or 9 assists per game would not be so hard. Just take a look at Lebanon's Wael Arakji.He plays more like a European style type of basketball than American.If CJ would continue to improve, this would be his nemesis for some years to come.

Comment

Really he's 24 yrs old, how's that for a college player. silly really and no way should we brand him a cadet, hell the guy is as old as 4 year NBA veteran Steven Adams.
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
              Really he's 24 yrs old, how's that for a college player. silly really and no way should we brand him a cadet, hell the guy is as old as 4 year NBA veteran Steven Adams.
              Only in the Philippines hahaha. A 25 year old can still play college ball and a 19 year old is a still very raw player.

Comment

New zealand is always amazing sir analyzed my idol!
                They call me THE HERO.

Comment

CJ Perez is the same age as Kiefer Ravena. CJ started his campus tour at DLSU. He was an academic casualty at DLSU. Transferred to San Sebastian and played for two seasons. Transferred to ADMU. But became also an academic casualty. And is now settled at the Lyceum.

Just imagine this. Had CJ been discovered by DLSU earlier he could have been part of the 2010 Under 18 Batang gilas. That team could have these names CJ Perez, Terrence Romeo, Baser Amer, Kiefer Ravena, Bobby Ray Parks and Kevin Ferrer. Romeo (FEU) and Amer (SBC) were disallowed by their schools.
                  Last edited by The_Big_Cat; 08-14-2017, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Baldwin on CJ Perez: ‘Very explosive athlete’ with ‘a lot to learn about the game’ here's the link: http://www.rappler.com/sports/univer...rez-basketball

How tall is Perez? 6'1 maybe 6'2 the most.For a Philippine standard, he is a tall point guard but for international standard (Fiba-Asia) maybe just right. He has to prove that he is better than some players in the pros like Daquoiag,Amer,Ravena and heck even Alas who had a great game against Meralco last night.The kid has got a lot to learn and of course he has to gain the respect and confidence of most coaches, including Chot.

FIBA ASIA Challenge Stats:http://www.fiba.com/api/img/player/c...132642/980/462

PPG: 9.5
                    RPG: 1.8
                    APG: 1.3

too bad he has 17% three point percentage and a 47% free throw shooting. Considering the bad percentages he has almost double digit points per game.
                    Last edited by Alex07; 08-14-2017, 08:42 AM. Reason: Mag PBA muna

Comment

Kevin Alas: Because were both no. 6 I am the katapat of Guo Ailun lol..
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                        Kevin Alas: Because were both no. 6 I am the katapat of Guo Ailun lol..
                        I think the main reason why Guo is one of the best scorers of the tournament is that he has a very good two point percentage (62%) and a fairly good three point percentage (40%).Perez on the other hand had 50% two point percentage and a rather forgettable 3 point percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post

Baldwin on CJ Perez: ‘Very explosive athlete’ with ‘a lot to learn about the game’ here's the link: http://www.rappler.com/sports/univer...rez-basketball

How tall is Perez? 6'1 maybe 6'2 the most.For a Philippine standard, he is a tall point guard but for international standard (Fiba-Asia) maybe just right. He has to prove that he is better than some players in the pros like Daquoiag,Amer,Ravena and heck even Alas who had a great game against Meralco last night.The kid has got a lot to learn and of course he has to gain the respect and confidence of most coaches, including Chot.

FIBA ASIA Challenge Stats:http://www.fiba.com/api/img/player/c...132642/980/462

PPG: 9.5
                          RPG: 1.8
                          APG: 1.3

too bad he has 17% three point percentage and a 47% free throw shooting. Considering the bad percentages he has almost double digit points per game.
                          I'm not actually worried about this guy's shooting percentage. To me he's more a young Jason Castro and Chris Ross Combo and I'm pretty sure those shooting percentages will go up, he just needs to put some work. What this guy brings to the table though is length,explosiveness and tenacity in defense, something that we desperately need at the 1 spot. He has the tools to be a great PG. Potential wise, I do think his ceiling is gonna be higher compared to the likes of Ravena, Jalalon or maybe even Terrence Romeo.

Comment

Originally posted by heinztein View Post
                            I'm not actually worried about this guy's shooting percentage. To me he's more a young Jason Castro and Chris Ross Combo and I'm pretty sure those shooting percentages will go up, he just needs to put some work. What this guy brings to the table though is length,explosiveness and tenacity in defense, something that we desperately need at the 1 spot. He has the tools to be a great PG. Potential wise, I do think his ceiling is gonna be higher compared to the likes of Ravena, Jalalon or maybe even Terrence Romeo.
                            the question is will he be allowed or given the chance to play PG? he can have all the tools, but if he is used as an SG and SF, he will not develop or mature to become a PG.

Comment

has he played in dleague?

Comment

Originally posted by trig View Post
                                has he played in dleague?
                                Played already with the national team last 2016 Challenge Cup. According to one poster though, an applicant should have at least 2 Gila's stints or national team callups to be exempted from the D League play.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information