Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lithuanian Basketball League (LKL) 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Zalgiris, unlike Neptunas played pre-season game
    I'd say that both Neptūnas and Lietkabelis have now made strong statements that they're going to be serious contenders this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    Anyway nice to see Birutis being a factor already and Sireika doing his things, making some kind of a team of anything he has.
    Yet Antanas Sireika is rarely mentioned as still being among the very top Lithuanian coaches around. Perhaps he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Yet Antanas Sireika is rarely mentioned as still being among the very top Lithuanian coaches around. Perhaps he should be.

I think he matured very nicely , so to speak . And he doesn't want to be coaching at top level .As in he is not putting his applications for Zalgiris ,Lrytas or nT team vacancies when there is one .
    He found his niche as sort of elderly guru who can teach a thing or two to young guns and is very good at it .
    I watched his post game interview lately after Siauliai victory and he sounded very solid and confident . He is not afraid to lose the game . He is not worrying about his legacy or reputation per se . He is doing his job in the team he loves , and the team respects him for that. He knows that Siauliai has low expectations and his job wont be questioned after one or even five losses . Yet , he can bring some positivity and some hope there can be to the team , unlike that damn Vaidas Pauliukėnas last year . So there is that .
    edit - and a nice thing about him is that he seems to be very relaxed in his coaching manner , which is complete opposite of current trend where intensity is everything in running the team during the game - just look at Saras or Maksvytis , who gets so worked out during games that he is so much red in face that he looks like he is about to get a stroke and cardiac at the same time at any time . How can he remain calm when his heart rate probably exceeds 200 bpm at any point during the game ?
    Last edited by auris1; 10-05-2017 at 11:56 PM.
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Just because he's reddest coach on planet, doesn't mean that his heart rate is highest in the world

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Just because he's reddest coach on planet, doesn't mean that his heart rate is highest in the world
    But you have to admit that you noticed that too , right ?
    He always seems to be close to an apoplexy , no ?

https://imgur.com/gallery/IEl6yJl
    How the fuck to embed this ?
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="IEl6yJl"><a href="//imgur.com/IEl6yJl">Nelly the calm owl</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What NT made from top LKL teams (minus EL teams) would look like at the moment:

Čepukaitis 11.4 eff/g
    Echodas 17.0
    Kšištof 15.7
    Tarolis 12.7 (in 13.7 minutes)
    Butkevičius 20.2
    Giedraitis 13.0
    Seibutis 14.5
    Juškevičius 12.8
    Sabeckis 10.6
    Girdžiūnas 12.5
    Last edited by LuDux; 10-09-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Few notes after Zalgiris - Rytas clash:

- Rytas finally fighting for their fan support and overall intendity. I think Kleiza just made a nice act of public relations. He made a gesture that Rytas staff cares about the team. Also he knows LKL fines are laughable and he did a right thing messing with refs and writing harsh words on social network.
    - Rytas roster selection as expected is nearly horrible again. Crappy American in Marc Carter, 2 similar one dimentional SGs in Magden and Baron, washed out veteran Lukauskis, unplayable youngster Normantas, so they basically have one really solid backourt option in Chris Kramer. Their 3 position got even worse as they lost Gailius and never added anyone there. There's improvement in the frontline with Mavrokefalidis, Robert carter, Travis Peterson and Martynas Ehodas (more of a future player). I would treat this as a "nice job" in the off season...
    - Zalgiris received a huge blow with the loss of Westermann and Lekavicius. It's only the start of the season, but Micic won't be as good as Westermann most likely and I won't even compare Dee Bost and Lekavicius at the moment...it's not even close. The fact that Pangos is the best guard now (by far) and may be eeven best player of the roster says a lot... Toupan is a little bit wild and has long way to go, White is no Motum, however new center Brandon Davies is legit. So I see a very tough season for Zalgiris, Jaskievicius will have to be magical to achieve as much as in previous season...On the bright side, Ulanovas and Pangos are red hot...they really leaped and ready for some real action...

The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Few notes after Zalgiris - Rytas clash:

- Rytas finally fighting for their fan support and overall intendity. I think Kleiza just made a nice act of public relations. He made a gesture that Rytas staff cares about the team. Also he knows LKL fines are laughable and he did a right thing messing with refs and writing harsh words on social network.
    - Rytas roster selection as expected is nearly horrible again. Crappy American in Marc Carter, 2 similar one dimentional SGs in Magden and Baron, washed out veteran Lukauskis, unplayable youngster Normantas, so they basically have one really solid backourt option in Chris Kramer. Their 3 position got even worse as they lost Gailius and never added anyone there. There's improvement in the frontline with Mavrokefalidis, Robert carter, Travis Peterson and Martynas Ehodas (more of a future player). I would treat this as a "nice job" in the off season...
    - Zalgiris received a huge blow with the loss of Westermann and Lekavicius. It's only the start of the season, but Micic won't be as good as Westermann most likely and I won't even compare Dee Bost and Lekavicius at the moment...it's not even close. The fact that Pangos is the best guard now (by far) and may be eeven best player of the roster says a lot... Toupan is a little bit wild and has long way to go, White is no Motum, however new center Brandon Davies is legit. So I see a very tough season for Zalgiris, Jaskievicius will have to be magical to achieve as much as in previous season...On the bright side, Ulanovas and Pangos are red hot...they really leaped and ready for some real action...
    You are pesimist about Zalgiris. Jasikevicius is the f'ing best coach in Europe! I will not be surprised if Zalgiris acheives 8th place even with weak roster. Bost is fast as lightning and good playmeker as Lekavicius, Davies is the next Tanoka Beard with great rebounding, Pangos is not worse then some Jaycee Carroll, Toupane is poor men's Greak Freak. You must have been drinking too much...

Lietuvos rytas is not even on same level as Zalgiris. The game shiould not have been close. The umpires were whistling in favor of underdogs. How many times Jankunas and Davies were fouled on the way towards basket... if not for umpire mistakes, Zalgiris would've blown these pieces of sh*T out.

Rytas's defense against Zalgiris on Sunday was pretty average. I wouldn't say it was very good, but at least they were putting some pressure on Zalgiris. The referees could have done better officiating the game, though. According to the latest standings, Lietkabelis is dominating the league with a 6-0 record and Neptunas and Zalgiris are tied for second place at 5-1; Rytas is below Zalgiris at 4-2. However, I don't see Zalgiris playing like a perfect team. Take the game against Neptunas in Klaipeda as an example.

As for Saras, despite the fact Zalgiris is winning game after game, I wouldn't say he is the best coach in the LKL. He received technical fouls a few times as coach and once, Zalgiris was fined 500 euros for his emotional strategies that eventually led to his ejection. I don't think coaches who are given technical fouls, even those that lead to their ejections, and cause their club managers to pay fines would be considered the best.
    Proud to be a BC Vilniaus Lietuvos Rytas fan, a part of the LKL fan community, and a fan for the Lithuanian National Men's Basketball Team

#KartuMesKomanda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123